ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[GAMESHARK MULTI] Silo W Objects - LEVEL ONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a decent amount of presets in the basement execution room area.
Here is the full list...

Room #0012 (0018) - (hall leading to bottom floor leftside stairwell - frontzone)
0080 - Guard Path: 4

Room #0013 (0019) - (hall leading to bottom floor leftside stairwell - frontzone)
27FA - 2B = two drawer white cabinet [03]
27FB - 2B = two drawer white cabinet [03]
27FC - 2B = two drawer white cabinet [03]

Room #0014 (0020) - (bottom floor leftside hall and stairwell - frontzone)
007F - Guard Path: 5
0081 - Guard Path: 4
0082 - Guard Path: 4
0083 - Guard Path: 4
0084 - Guard Path: 4
27F7 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

Room #001A (0026) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0089 - Guard Path: 3
008A - Guard Path: 3
008B - Guard Path: 3
00BA - 02 - Russian Soldier:green
27E3 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27E6 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27E7 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27EA - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

Room #001B (0027) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
008E - Guard Path: 3
008F - Guard Path: 3
0090 - Guard Path: 3
0091 - Guard Path: 3
27ED - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F2 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F4 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

Room #001C (0028) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
008C - Guard Path: 3
008D - Guard Path: 3
0095 - Guard Path: 3
27EE - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27EF - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F1 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

Room #001D (0029) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0093 - Guard Path: 3
27F0 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F3 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F5 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27F6 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

Room #001E (0030) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0094 - Guard Path: 3

Room #001F (0031) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0092 - Guard Path: 3
27EB - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27EC - 74 = body armour [15]

Room #0020 (0032) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0086 - Guard Path: 3

Room #0021 (0033) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0088 - Guard Path: 3

Room #0022 (0034) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0085 - Guard Path: 3

Room #0023 (0035) - (bottom floor execution room - frontzone)
0087 - Guard Path: 3
27E4 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27E5 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27E8 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]
27E9 - 12 = cardboard pistol ammo box [03]

You can choose from any one of those Basic presets for your respawn points, if they are good as is. If not, you'd be better off hacking your own coordinates and modifying the default presets. To find out where the respawns are listed in the setup file, go to 80075D08. The address there will direct you to the beginning of the intro block. In multiplayer, the first thing listed are the respawns. Just look for the values in my previous post and change them to one of the above. If you like any of them, it'll save you some lines of code. But if you want completely customized positions, you'll need to hack the coords and assign them to the correct presets. Remember, all though spawns can not use Advanced presets, almost everything else can. Weapon sets and armour should work fine, but other props will be shaped to fit the dimensions given.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: QUESTION: WRECK Reply with quote Back to top

Okay let's say I wanted to assign my OWN coordinates to the respawn preset that uses C0. Could I multiply C0 X 2C and add it's value to C0's address and use Bond's basic coordinates or is there another formula to change an ADVANCED preset into a BASIC one so Bond's coordinates will work with the x ,z, + room pointers?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use the exact same method as you've been using. I don't know if you still have that one explaination I sent to you at one point in time, but it sounds like you remember what to do. While the stage is loading, go to the address 80075D18. There you will find a pointer to the first Basic preset in the list. Set that aside somewhere in a notepad file. Open up your PC Calculator and set it to Scientific. Now, with it in Hex mode, multiply one of the respawn point presets by 2C. Take the value you end up with and add it to the address you found earlier. That is where the preset is stored. Modify it in the same way you've been using the Complex and Stack setups. Your normal coordinates and room pointers will work just fine. Follow those steps and complete each of the eight respawns.

I'm actually writing up some tutorials to teach people how to make brand new setup files for GoldenEye. It's currently being concentrated on multiplayer, since it is much easier and requires less information. When it's complete, I'll e-mail you the text documents.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn what time is it there now? That makes perfect sense and now and I think I can start back on my Archives Judgement Day level after our move. Probably do THE DISH next and then finish Silo's top level. I'll need your help to write the dish back in, Think we can animate it too? That would kick ass. Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had done a quick test setup for the Siberian Surface Installation, but the lag was rather noticable. However, with the sky set to that of the second mission, it was pretty stable. We can definitely get the satellite dish in the stage, but getting it to be animated may not work. I'm not sure if the action block gets read in multiplayer. I may be wrong, but I believe that the dish moves in a circular motion because of an action designated to it. Without a working action block, it'll sit still. Even with it spinning, the framerate could suffer.

By the way, it's 8:42 am.
I'm in '(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)'.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's cool. At least the damn thing would be there. seems so empty without it. so what you up to this morning? just browsing? watching VH1... damn Shakira can't sing but she's pretty. she needs to model and give up singing. filmed any lately? off topic Wink oops Very Happy

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Yawn... Reply with quote Back to top

You both get up too early for me, lol. Im up here (also GMT -5, Eastern Time) at 9:30 this morning. And you, MultiX, must be up at 7:30, its an hour before in your timezone, right?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kid woke me up at 5:30am. had enough rest. Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I should ask, have you been able to put any time into the Archives Judgement Day multiplayer map? If you need any further assistance with it, please just let me know. Either PM or e-mail me with whatever questions you may have. I'll send you the tutorials to look over when they're all finished. Hopefully there'll be some time for me to type up the Plinkdata Room Pointer Expansion Conversion walkthrough. Yeah, I know. It's a mouthful! Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks I'm sure i'll need you to get the objects to appear right in the stage since normal loading works differently than forced? 8002A8F7 0018

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It shouldn't load any differently if you force the stage to. Just choose the Archives from the multiplayer stage select menu and start it up. You'll also save a line, but you'll need a code to allow you 4-Player access. This should actually be quite a bit easier than the ones you're used to doing, since you won't need to change the setup file. The only way it'll crash is if you've set something up incorrectly or it encounters some goofy error, which is most likely to occur when playing with four people. Remember to have the 'Enable All Players' code on, using 2-Player mode to grab your coordinates and room pointers. Everything should appear in the stage as normal, until you modify them. But if you do run into any problems, I'd be happy to help out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: