ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1W3v8ndPeA

Regenerating health
Iron sights
Dedicated melee button
Dedicated grenade button
spawning with gun
one hit melee kills
This isn't **** Goldeneye

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can safely say, they have fuc*ing ruined it. This isnt Goldeneye, its modern warfare 2 with bond characters. Since when did the Kf7 have a reflex scope? Someone please tell me what the fu*k am I looking at

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i never seen someone say the f word so much in my life lol.
but yup it not bad it may be like call of duty. but maybe thay will add a clasic play mode so you need to look for guns and all

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that you point it out, it is looking like a generic fps trying to be real like MW2.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WTF! This isnt goldeneye at all! WTH did they do -_-

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage Reply with quote Back to top

Regenerating health
Disappointing in a sense, but I actually like the mechanic in some ways. For example, if you can recover up to half of what you've lost, so there's still some skill involved, but you're not screwed over if you reach the end of the mission with almost no health left. (how many times have we gotten shot in the back just as we were running for the elevator in Control?) Dumb in a multiplayer environment though, I hope it can be toggled off there.

Iron sights
Doesn't bother me, and if they weren't there people would complain.

Dedicated melee button
Cool, makes melee a viable option.

Dedicated grenade button
This one I'm iffy on, simply because of spam. Like melee though it does make them a more viable option than needing to switch over to them, throw, and switch back. (unless they added a button to do a quick swap, but would that really be any different?) Will probably like it in solo and hate it in multi.

spawning with gun
Good, I'd consider this a flaw of the original. It's pretty telling that every server I played GoldenEye: Source on had this setting enabled. Starting without a weapon just kind of sucks. I even made a simple unreleased patch (was going to be part of a larger project) to give you a weapon at spawn in the original game.

one hit melee kills
Very disappointing. This would be cool if it worked like unarmed in the original and could kill instantly on an unalerted opponent.

Since when did the Kf7 have a reflex scope?
You could always zoom in with it, now it makes sense and I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

---

It seems to me I'm willing to accept more changes than most people. I think this is because of my mindset. I know this isn't going to be GoldenEye as we know it. This is what GoldenEye would have been if it was developed today, like it or not, it's trying to appeal to today's audience. Guys, if you don't like it, you should probably just stop following it, it's not going to be a direct remake like the 360 one was.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crap game, that is for sure.
It looks little bit like Killzone.

Btw?
How does an "zoom in" or less FOV make sense with reflex sights?
I fail to see how that is an good thing? Very Happy

Most of the old school games use less FOV when aiming through iron sights, this isn't perfect compared to real life, but it kinda simulates the situation when you are focusing in the sights area and closing your other eye.

Using reflex sights in real life, you dont close your other eye, and thus the "zoom in" using those is very stupid.

Original Goldeneye was more accurate than the Wii version in this (if you kinda used the iron sights when aiming).

This video kinda ruined it all for me.
It seems that the new Goldeneye is very generic FPS game, on Wii, that is probably the worst choice platform to create FPS games.
Evil or Very Mad

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Regenerating health
Disappointing in a sense, but I actually like the mechanic in some ways. For example, if you can recover up to half of what you've lost, so there's still some skill involved, but you're not screwed over if you reach the end of the mission with almost no health left. (how many times have we gotten shot in the back just as we were running for the elevator in Control?) Dumb in a multiplayer environment though, I hope it can be toggled off there.

Iron sights
Doesn't bother me, and if they weren't there people would complain.

Dedicated melee button
Cool, makes melee a viable option.

Dedicated grenade button
This one I'm iffy on, simply because of spam. Like melee though it does make them a more viable option than needing to switch over to them, throw, and switch back. (unless they added a button to do a quick swap, but would that really be any different?) Will probably like it in solo and hate it in multi.

spawning with gun
Good, I'd consider this a flaw of the original. It's pretty telling that every server I played GoldenEye: Source on had this setting enabled. Starting without a weapon just kind of sucks. I even made a simple unreleased patch (was going to be part of a larger project) to give you a weapon at spawn in the original game.

one hit melee kills
Very disappointing. This would be cool if it worked like unarmed in the original and could kill instantly on an unalerted opponent.

Since when did the Kf7 have a reflex scope?
You could always zoom in with it, now it makes sense and I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

---

It seems to me I'm willing to accept more changes than most people. I think this is because of my mindset. I know this isn't going to be GoldenEye as we know it. This is what GoldenEye would have been if it was developed today, like it or not, it's trying to appeal to today's audience. Guys, if you don't like it, you should probably just stop following it, it's not going to be a direct remake like the 360 one was.

they have completely DUMBED DOWN goldeneye, they made it casual, they made it easy for little kids to pick up and play....I don't even know how someone like yourself can even defend this crap

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Because I'm willing accept that there are different styles of gameplay, fans of those styles, and that this particular style is more popular right now than "traditional" FPS games. Just like GoldenEye's style was more popular at the time it came out than the games that came before it. Most of the changes you listed aren't dumbed down, they're just different. I'm still very interested in seeing how the actual missions play out, what has been done with the other background, character, and weapon models, how the script has been written (especially this - its being done by the same person who wrote the screenplay for the film), and how good the acting is.

This remake isn't going to magically make your N64 and GoldenEye cart disappear. It's not going to delete all of the custom missions from your hard drive. All it's going to do is bring some great locations, characters, and weapons to a new engine that plays like the games today's FPS fans like to play. Why is that such a travesty? If I was on the development team, I'd have likely implemented many of the same things if I was told to modernize the game, and you know I'm a huge fan of the original.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^applause. I agree with everything you said so far in this topic.

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know now that you mention it it does seem like MW2 (Hate that game. No offense to those that play it, it's just not my game.) When I heard about it I was excited, once I saw the trailer I admit I was alittle disappointed. I thought it would be like how the XBLA one was supposed to be, you know almost like the original with improved graphics and online play so you still have that Goldeneye N64 feel and maybe even have Brosnan and the others lend their voices for the game but sadly no. That's another thing that makes me upset, they're using Craig as Bond. Craig is a great actor don't get me wrong but I grew up with Brosnan as Bond. Brosnan was in Goldeneye and I think he should be in the remake of the game and not Craig.

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: srsss Reply with quote Back to top

dragon just because something is modern and is the current standard doesn't mean that this could have existed in the n64 era, im sorry but your wrong completely, and its a disgrace to see someone of ur knowledge of goldeneye64 , would stand back and defend this crap in some ways, THW WII GOLDENEYE WILL BE FOR CASUAL IDIOT BOYS, THAT CANT HANDLE GAMES WITH SKILL. modern warfare IS CRAP, IT SUCKS, IT TAKES NO SKILL, ITS FOR MORONS, IF YOU PLAY IT, UR A MORON.... HELICOPTERS,PERKS AND AUTO AIM IS ALL WHAT CALL OF DUTY IS, it is pumped out every year, and it sucks, nothing improves, THE ONLY REASON CALL OF DUTY IS POPULAR IS BECAUSE ANYBODY CAN BE GOOD AT IT....get that crap out of my face.

EUROCOM has ruined goldeneye, its going to be a crap game, just look at the graphics alone, and all the stupid new additions, goldeneye took skill, because u had to find and know where the weapons were, the controls were skillful, u didn't have a button to throw a grenade every 5 seconds, please this new wii goldeneye is a disgrace to even have the word goldneye in it ...

if this new 007 game didn't have the word goldeneye in it, i wouldn't even care or give a damn about this game, SERIOUSLY TAKE THE WORD GOLDENEYE OUT BECAUSE ITS NOTHING BUT A CASUAL PEICE OF CRAP GAME DEDICATED TO DUMB MODERN DAY BRAINWASHED INHABITANS OF THE DECADE... WAAAAAHHH give me perfect dark xbla over this crap any day, GOLDENEYE WII WILL FAIL, JUST WATCH,

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Little Baby Pig

I would not recommend you take offense to the people here at Shootersforever...

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pig, quit the caps, the insults and calm down.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I already said what I needed to say with my post in the other thread but.. I'm gonna elaborate on this a little.

GoldenEye 2010 v.s GoldenEye 007

Ok, this may have not be the remake we were all hoping for and expecting. But keep in mind Activison and Eurocom have addressed that this is NOT a direct remake of the game. It is essentially a hybrid between the movie and additions that were made in the game and putting in them into a movie like atmosphere/event cycle.

Daniel Craig replaced Brosnan, whoopdie **** doo. There is one thing stopping them and I don't think there is anyway around it: Likeness Issues.Pierce is not James Bond anymore give it a goddamn rest, and yes I am upset that they replaced him, but at least I am willing to accept that there is a reason behind it.

Also, enough with the "Modern FPS Adoption" crap. Every FPS that will becoming out from now until they eventually find a new method, will contain Iron Sighting. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. It's a scope that is how a scope works. It would make a lot more sense to have a red-dot instead of a HUD-Crosshair that shows up out of nowhere. Games have advanced in the realism department since 1997, things have changed and people are starting to use logic.Dedicated Buttons: Once again EVERY FPS that will come out from now until they change it will have this. It's a goddamn standard now.

I think you are missing the point here. This game is not going to ride on GE's success and was not made to RUIN the name like Rouge Agent did. This game is introducing new audiences to the game, who are to stubborn to accept era differences and play the old one and not complain about how it's a piece of crap compared to modern FPS. People are like that, and Eurocom wants them to shut their holes so they are gonna appeal to them, and they are appealing to the hardcore fans by at least giving them a goddamn game that stays true instead of a goddamn fake(again: Rouge Agent)

And I said this before in my other post:
Don't complain if you haven't even played the game yet. I am sick of goddamn pessimism about this thing. Until you have had hands on experience with it than you cannot be forming a grudge against it. I haven't played, but I'm at least understanding of the changes they made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: