ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye editor help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Goldeneye editor help Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone Smile I'm new to this forum and I was just wondering if any of you guys could help me. You see I really wanted to edit some levels in Goldeneye and I heard about the Goldeneye editor. I downloaded it onto my laptop which runs 32-bit vista and I can open it but when I try to go to the visual editor or when I try to switch the game music it says the program has stopped running and must close and it searches for a problem but it doesn't find any. I have the 2008 c++ redistribute and direct x 10 so I don't know what the problem is. Then I tried it on my computer that has xp and it won't even open it. It gives me some error message and again I have the c++ 2008 thing and direct x. I went to Goldeneye vault and looked at the faq and none of the questions were about my problems and then it said that if there wasn't a question on there that I should come here and ask it, so here I am. Razz I currently deleted the editor but if guys want more info just let me know and I'll redownload it and tell you exactly what the error message says. Thanks in advance. Smile

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums.

First piece of advice, get a smaller avatar please.

Now onto the problem.

Try redownloading it, and install Direct X 9c then the Visual Redist 2008.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I got a smaller picture. You should've seen the first one I did, it was HUGE! Anyway I have direct x 10 installed if I go to direct x 9c will it screw up any of stuff.
*Edit* Ok so I just installed it and I still get the same message.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What does the message say?

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on my laptop now and when I click on the visual editor I get the message, "Goldeneye editor 2.0.0 has stopped working" and then below that it says, "Please wait while windows finds a solution to the problem." and then about 5 sec later it says, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only option it gives me is close program. It also gives me this message when I want to switch a song. I want to put a multiplayer song from the soundtrack I have into a single player level and I followed a guide and it said to click tools, then 21990 Modifications and when I do that it says, "Error" then I click choose rom and I choose Goldeneye and then I get the same message as above. I've already tried running it as administrator but that didn't help. On my XP I can't even open the program. My brothers playing the sims on it right now but I remember it saying something about trying to reinstall it, which I did and there was no luck. I read on Goldeneye Vault about reinstalling it error but on there it mentions direct x 9 and I remember my error didn't mention direct x 9 plus I know I have direct x 9 on my XP.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dont click or do ANYTHING while the Visual Editor works its magic.

Same for Windows 7.

Not for Xp though.

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing happened I loaded Statue and then I clicked visual editor and the screen turned white and I heard for a split second what sounded like the airplane from the runway level and then the error popped up. I think I'm just about to give up. I have no idea what's wrong with my computers. My brother just got off the other computer I'll run it on there and let you know what that error messeage says.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The screen is ment to be white, the aeroplane sound is there too. Just need to be patient.

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok but I get the error and it stops running altogether and I can't do anything in the editor and on the xp I get this when I try to run it,
"C:\Program Files\GEEdit2\GoldeneyeSetupEditorV2.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
I've already reinstalled it and that did nothing.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Computer needs VS2008 or you are running the same app twice.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldeneye Vault wrote:
While starting the Visual Editor, the editor crashes in Microsoft Vista/Win 7. How do I run it?
You must be running in administrator mode, otherwise the Visual Editor will not function. Do this by right clicking on shortcut and saying Run as Administrator, or right clicking properties and choosing in Compatibility tab "Run this program as administrator". Also, make sure the correct DirectX and VS2008 x86 redistributable are installed (see other FAQ question).

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried that already but it couldn't hurt to try it again. I'll let you know what happens and sorry if I'm annoying you about all this but I really appreciate all your help so far.
*Edit* Ok so now it's letting me into the editor Smile but can I ask one last thing. How do I replace a song with a different one. Like I said before I want to use one the multiplayer songs instead. The one guide said it had to be in wav format which I can do with no problem with audacity. Then it said to click tools, 21990 Modifications and then select the rom I want to use. Is that correct cause if it is I get that stupid error that says it must close when I choose Goldeneye for the rom. If you can't help me with that it's ok I'm just glad I can access the editor.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go to options, prefrences and select a rom for the quick convert. Then you can acess the 21990.

Wolverine13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'll try that cause right now when I click select rom it says, "Encountered an improper argument" What does that even mean cause I've never seen that.
*Edit* I think it worked cause now the rom is there and I don't get that weird error that I mentioned above. I can't wait to go try it out. Thank you so much for all your help. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: