ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The facility bottling room door glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: The facility bottling room door glitch Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm already talking about in game glitches, why not bring this one up. The door above the exit door in the bottling room, where the 2 guards are, there is a glitch there. If you go into that room and shut the door, and do not open in, the guards cannot open the door. If you open the door again, however, they can. This has to be a glitch because every other door in the game that I am aware of, even if it is locked, guards can open. I use to sit here, and shoot guards at the door. THe door is not locked, so why can't guards open it. I have never gotten this, because if you open the door from the inside, or somthing like that, the guards are then able to open the door. Mayby it's just because they are pressing against the door, but when you open it again, the guards are able to open the door. Has anyone else encountered this glitch? Try it for yourself. It is a repeating glitch that occurs on system and on emulator.

Edit: Since my description sucks heres some pictures.

Here is a picture of the door, it is the top one

Here is a picture of guards trying to open the door, but they cant Razz.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is strange.
It seems to happen with both the regular in-stage guards and the spawned enemies. The only explaination I can come up with may be that they can't cross the threshold on their own do to them being directly above the exit. Though that doesn't seem like a good reason, it's a possibility. Also, since there are two doors perfectly vertical to one another, they may be having difficulty choosing which door to activate. Those are just two wild guesses, which could both be totally incorrect.

Another threshold that enemies can't seem to cross over, is the padlocked fence in the Dam. They stop following you right before they reach the doorway. It may be a room connection problem that causes them to act in such a manner. Even with the doors wide open, they refuse to chase after you or fire their weapon. Confused

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We meet a similar problem in Perfect Dark. However it's not all doors whitch are openable (locked doors).

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect dark feels more consise, but that game seemed to lack detail. Sorta like multiplayerx's plants in the silo, that made want to play his version.

Ok, here's a quote

"We think in generalities, but we live in details"

As for Goldeneye, I've never been killed, but have gotten hit by those guys who can do what movie villians can do and go through closed doors without making a peep.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: