ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mega Bites and Mega Bites?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightning
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
I have a one terabyte hard disk drive (H.D.D.) and four gigabytes of Random Access Memory (R.A.M.). I also have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and an Intel Core i5 Central Processing Unit (C.P.U.) with the stock fan, heat sink, and Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound. My Graphics Processing Unit (G.P.U.) is an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT. My computer case is a Micro ATX (motherboard form factor) Rosewill black, steel case. I have an ASUS DVD burner installed in my computer and it's all SATA cables! Jealous? Twisted Evil

If that was true, then yes.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
I have a one terabyte hard disk drive (H.D.D.) and four gigabytes of Random Access Memory (R.A.M.). I also have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and an Intel Core i5 Central Processing Unit (C.P.U.) with the stock fan, heat sink, and Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound. My Graphics Processing Unit (G.P.U.) is an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT. My computer case is a Micro ATX (motherboard form factor) Rosewill black, steel case. I have an ASUS DVD burner installed in my computer and it's all SATA cables! Jealous? Twisted Evil

That's a gaming computer, 00DARK.

**** YOU

lmao xD Jk ^_^

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well my computer isnt good, but its fine i suppose, I have a small hard drive simply because I dont need to store much on my computer..1.99ghz 1.5gb ram amd athlon 64 x2dual raedon ati x1600 series

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
Well my computer isnt good, but its fine i suppose, I have a small hard drive simply because I dont need to store much on my computer..1.99ghz 1.5gb ram amd athlon 64 x2dual raedon ati x1600 series

It's just fine to get editing work and gameplay vids done the emulator just fine.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think my computer would be good for editing programs? eg sony vegas, gimp etc

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
Do you think my computer would be good for editing programs? eg sony vegas, gimp etc

Hmm.... I THINK so, I'm not so positive tho ^_^

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lightning wrote:
00Dark wrote:

If that was true, then yes.

It is.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really suprised at how many of you people in this forum have really old/crappy computers.

Haven't you ever thought of upgrading? Why are some of you using windows 98? Really?

Windows 2000 really isn't acceptable(67) either.

Why not a Windows 7 With 6 GB of RAM, a ATi Radeon HD 5450, and a 2.6GHz processor.

That's more of a modern day computer. [It's a gaming computer, but most of all modern desktops 900+ are gaming now a-days.]

I'm suprised you guys have stuck to Windows XP to. It's a very very slow OS.

I like Vista more than XP.

Windows 7 is fairly nice. I have it in a virtual machine. Much faster than Vista.

Sorry for the rant ^__^

Edit:

3GB of RAM
2.10GHz Processor [AMD Athlon]
Edit: ATi Radeon HD 4550

Last edited by acceptable67 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ill love to upgrade to Windows 7 but i never have a noff monny to do it.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome to buy me a new computer, ac67.

But there are some reasons to use win98.
You see, many old school N64 tools run better (or at all) in a win9x environment, since that's what they were made for.
Official N64 development tools for windows were intended for win95/98, since that's what was in the market at the time. I'm not even sure if they run in old NT windows OSs at all.
Win98 SE, I think, is the best 9x variant.

There are some important archivectural differences between 9x and modern NT variants (win2k and later). One of them that you should be acquainted with is the treatment of the legacy serial and parallel ports. Many unofficial devices from the time use these instead of USB, including the gameshark, which makes it difficult to use these tools in NT environments because of how differently NT treats these ports.

There are other things. The idea is that there's use for these old OSs, and not always can you use a PC emulator (virtual PC if you want) to install them within your super modern OS.

My current PC, which is rather old (almost 10 years and it even has 1 ISA slot) will be made into a old console support PC with win98 and possibly a custom case some day... you know, when ac67 buys me a new PC Very Happy

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know ac67 that for most people upgradeing computer for newest games isn't priority and they might not even want to play new games and usually it has to do with money availabe for upgradeing PC

I bought new computer just this year myself because my old PC betrayed me and I bought high end PC with HD 5870 among other things and yet I could play all newest games on max settings, but I have only played through 1 game on this computer and Starcraft II beta, but not much else. Since problem with gaming these days is that nearly all games just suck and aren't worth playing. I'm sure this forum is has alot of people who agree with that and probably aren't interested in getting gaming computer for that reason also. I have also come to think that maybe I could've saved money instead of buying 400€ graphics card which I don't have much use for Sad thats just how good modern games are I think.

And youre suggesting HD5450 for which youre lucky to find newer game that runs over 20fps : P not to mention 6GB RAM is overkill for that graphics card if its ment to be gaming computer

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
You are welcome to buy me a new computer, ac67.

[...] and possibly a custom case some day... you know, when ac67 buys me a new PC Very Happy

AHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Radorn. Please. If I get my hands on money, I'm getting my OWN computer Razz

I'm actually slowly upgrading my PC's parts.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oxidice wrote:

And youre suggesting HD5450 for which youre lucky to find newer game that runs over 20fps : P not to mention 6GB RAM is overkill for that graphics card if its ment to be gaming computer

I went super-overboard on the recommended specs LOL, Who needs a 5450?! and 6GB of RAM? LOL and a 2.6GHz processor? 2.1GHz does me just fine.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having a 4GB ram comp would be nice lol, with a better processor and a way better graphics card, my gfx card is what lets me down the most

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
Having a 4GB ram comp would be nice lol, with a better processor and a way better graphics card, my gfx card is what lets me down the most

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: