ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda: Skyward Sword
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Ganon on Ocarina of Time wus never the same on Wind Waker becuse he looks way derfrent then the one on Ocarina of Time.

I like Ganondorf better on Ocarina of Time he looks more mean on that one then the one on Wind Waker.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and yeah wasn';t the twillight princes Ganondorf the same as the ocarina of time one?

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^Probably.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ because somewhere in the game they say that he was trapped in a realm. And he would grant Zant all his powers if Zant let him out

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, gannon is a somewhat supernatural being.
he was born as a physical being as the king of the gerudo race as told in ocarina of time, but after his transformation with the triforce of power and his sealing in the realm of light, I guess he turned into something else or acquired powers that allow him to live beyond time, the same as it allows him to transform into demon beasts.

WW's Gannon is indeed the same gannon as Ocarina, for that's how it's told in the game.
Not quite sure about TP, but probably a similar thing.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ seems plausible

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never actually tried to put the Zelda games into any kind of timeline. Like Super Mario Bros., they feel completely timeless. They hardly ever mention the events of previous games, and the story lines are (usually) altered versions of the same concept, transplanted into a new set of environments. Rescue the princess, defeat the evil mastermind, collect important items to progress, etc. It's almost as though each game is a retelling of the same characters adventure, only in a different place or time.

Anyways, I was really excited to hear about the new controls. I had actually been wondering why no games had tried to utilized the Remote and Nunchuck in such fashion only two or three weeks before seeing Skyward Sword. What better game to do it? At least you know that Nintendo will work on the controls until they are near perfect, unlike many other third-party developers. I'll definitely be picking this up when it's released.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It really doesn't matter how much they say that all the Zelda games could be arranged, in any way it doesn't make a sense. Those guys just want to try this "arranging" till the end, because for some players it is important.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, zelda games hardly follow the "sequel/precuel" relation between them.

Each game makes sense in it's own right and you don't need to know other games to understand the events in none of them. They are standalone stories.

The closest relation between 2 zelda games I know of is how majora's mask came directly after ocarina, with the introduction to the game linking them directly, but even with that, there are no recurring characters (there are tons of reused/rehauled models, but they have nothing to do with their role in ocarina), and no important storyline ties with the earlier game.

You can consider them parallel worlds, recurring stories in different settings, etc and don't care at all for the storyline.
Like wreck I didn't even though there ought to be a timeline for the games as the stories didn't really call for that, but actually it turns out there is an official secret timeline.
I heard about this some years ago.

The timeline is luckily only used as a grand scheme of things.
In this game the creation of the master sword will supposedly be told, so I guess that's a good use for a timeline.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of timelines, I'm actually starting to wonder if Ganon will appear in Skyward Sword. I think he could easily be the main villan considering that the Master Sword may have been created to defeat him (every game that I know of which had the Master Sword also had Ganon). Others argue that Ganon can't be in Skyward Sword because his first chronological appearance was in Ocarina of Time.

I'm also excited about the game's difficulty. I saw a gameplay demo video and Link took a full heart of damage from a Deku Baba (which usually takes off half a heart). This is hopeful considering that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were cakewalks at points. I'm hoping that it'll be around the difficulty of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or even A Link to the Past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: