ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've recently been snooping about for more news on the game, and I came across this bit. "The Walther PPK(Being replaced with the Walther P99) and The Klobb(Being renamed after the "From Russian With Love" villain Klebb)"

While I can understand the Klobb -> Klebb transition, because Ken Lobb is no longer associated with Nintendo, it makes perfect sense. But the P99? Really? ..Ju-.. Just.. WHAT?! That doesn't make any sense. So what if that's "Bond's New Weapon"..

..ugh.. there goes my optimism right out the window =/

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bond's been using a P99 since Tomorrow Never Dies. Wish they just used the real name for the Skorpion though, since they're using them for everything else.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this new "GoldenEye" is actually going to work, we need to forget everything we know about the N64 game and the film. This is a modified and modernized take on the original film screenplay, incorporating elements brought to the table by Rare in our beloved videogame. It's actually unfair, in a way, to compare it to anything. This is a different take on the story, so we'll be treated (not sure if this is the right word) to new characters, weapons, mission plotlines, and maybe even locations. With so much being changed, you're left wondering why they just didn't create a new story. Why? Because that wouldn't have attracted as much attention, that's why. Dollar signs, and perhaps a jab at Rare and Microsoft. Clever buggers...

Ryani wrote:
Wreck, you are still as awesome as you were back in the days of 2004/2005 when I was still using my GS and Win95 computer, and your name was credited to most of the codes I used and you became some kind of famous character I thought I'd never meet.

Thank you for being one of the biased people I've met (in this case with the original, positively) who still thinks logically enough to not hate on something until you've tried it.

Thanks, Ryani. I really appreciate your kind words. GoldenEye 007 (N64) is my all-time favourite game, and I just keep coming back to it. Since I hack and mod the ROM, there's always something new to play around with. The only real limit is the imagination. With a community who is constantly thinking up new ideas, it keeps you busy.

Hehe, while I wouldn't say that I hate the new GoldenEye 007 (Wii), the more I see and read into it, the less I'm liking it. However, I may be pleasantly surprised by the finished product. It won't be what we all wanted, but it'll be something. I guess that is better than nothing.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I find interesting is the concept art section of the official site. Particularly the solar power station, which obviously has nothing to do with anything in the original. I'm wondering how that will play into the new story, I can't help but think it'll be some sort of replacement for the cradle. Not sure why, that's just the vibe I get from the artwork.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also have to wonder what they're planning on doing about some of the missions Rare threw in that had nothing to do with the original film. In particular, the missile silo and the water caverns. I know they're rewriting the story and could potentially include these kinds of missions or settings, but it also leaves them open to step into new territory. You'd have to assume that Aztec and Egyptian will be out, unless they decide to build bonus maps based upon scenes from Moonraker, etc. I'm kind of hoping that they utilize the most important areas of GoldenEye, and also incorporate completely different and unique locations. Something for us to play that we won't automatically judge and compare with the original game. I think this could be a good experience, so long as it feels both nostalgiac and fresh. Sort of like Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2. They both have wonderful new tracks / worlds, but also feature modernized versions of classic maps. The combination of old and new makes for a great deal of fun.

critter171
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: This is not goldeneye....its a peice of garbage Reply with quote Back to top

little baby piG wrote:
Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Regenerating health
Disappointing in a sense, but I actually like the mechanic in some ways. For example, if you can recover up to half of what you've lost, so there's still some skill involved, but you're not screwed over if you reach the end of the mission with almost no health left. (how many times have we gotten shot in the back just as we were running for the elevator in Control?) Dumb in a multiplayer environment though, I hope it can be toggled off there.

Iron sights
Doesn't bother me, and if they weren't there people would complain.

Dedicated melee button
Cool, makes melee a viable option.

Dedicated grenade button
This one I'm iffy on, simply because of spam. Like melee though it does make them a more viable option than needing to switch over to them, throw, and switch back. (unless they added a button to do a quick swap, but would that really be any different?) Will probably like it in solo and hate it in multi.

spawning with gun
Good, I'd consider this a flaw of the original. It's pretty telling that every server I played GoldenEye: Source on had this setting enabled. Starting without a weapon just kind of sucks. I even made a simple unreleased patch (was going to be part of a larger project) to give you a weapon at spawn in the original game.

one hit melee kills
Very disappointing. This would be cool if it worked like unarmed in the original and could kill instantly on an unalerted opponent.

Since when did the Kf7 have a reflex scope?
You could always zoom in with it, now it makes sense and I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

---

It seems to me I'm willing to accept more changes than most people. I think this is because of my mindset. I know this isn't going to be GoldenEye as we know it. This is what GoldenEye would have been if it was developed today, like it or not, it's trying to appeal to today's audience. Guys, if you don't like it, you should probably just stop following it, it's not going to be a direct remake like the 360 one was.

they have completely DUMBED DOWN goldeneye, they made it casual, they made it easy for little kids to pick up and play....I don't even know how someone like yourself can even defend this crap

hello you were kids back than who play the regular game. don't act all incontinent your whining about things in most of today's fps. you don't like it than don't go buy or play it. but don't go around insulting or deeming other people opinion cuse they disagree with you.

critter171
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
I don't get it when people say that this isn't a remake of GE.
But an totally new game.

It is. Just look the levels, the dam, streets.
It is an remake. Remake at its purest form.

Activision uses Rare designed levels. Goldeneye movie raped by Craig.

They are making money from some other companys design.
I wonder what game engine this game uses. One thing is sure, the engine wasn't made by these people either, they just use some generic game engine and recreate the old levels from GE and put an pricetag on it.

They say that this is new GE, better than original. Enchanted with latest FPS-game technology. If you loved the original, you will love this one too. What will happen is probably that this game is going to be murdered by reviews. It is going to be yet another subpar shooter, and people will forget it in few months after release. The game itself will probably be like an PSX game "007: Tomorrow Never Dies". Movie licensed game with no soul in it. Full of bugs, hurried game with long loading times and after one minute of gameplay people realise that Wii could do better than this piece of jelly.

you are wrong. they all ready stated that one it was not going to be comeplte remake and i am sure people would whine about it not changging. second the never said it was going to be better than the other one. in fact your putting words in there mouth. the driving truck, criag and other new things are in the game. the hidden island level is now in this game. which was a mistake and rare took it out and you could only get there with some kind of program. so sit down and wait for the game to come out.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it funny that the most active user of this subforum is someone whose ban predates it's creation? xD

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My disappointment with this game can be summed up in two words: Daniel Craig. I have no beef with the man as a Bond, but Pierce Brosnan IS Goldeneye..

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But this isn't GoldenEye... It's GoldenEye.
Wait.. what? Confused

A game based off of the original movie screenplay, now with elements from the N64 classic, being rewritten and modernized by the actual film writer? If it required that much altering, why the hell didn't they just pick one of the other 15+ Bond flicks to base a game on? I'll tell you why... it's the name that will sell it. It's really no different from Electronic Art's Rogue Agent POS. Only this time, the entire game is being bastardized, not just the name. Rolling Eyes

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wud buy but it looks like a Playstation 1 game with little updated graphics from Tommorow Never Dies (PS1) ,an Craig should have been a bonus character or something!! And as the Invincible Boris says "Slugheads"

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to it, yet at the same time not setting my expectations too high. I don't expect GE Wii to beat the GE we all know and love (as Wreck said, the name sells the game; look at GE:RA), but that won't stop me from at least giving it a shot (no pun intended).

Sure I'm a little disappointed by Craig replacing Brosnan, but I doubt it'll really affect the gameplay.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PS3 God wrote:
I wud buy but it looks like a Playstation 1 game

Getting a bit tired of this trend, people seem to have forgotten how terrible PS1 3D graphics were. (Remember, all of the impressive looking games from back then used prerendered backgrounds.) The main selling point of the N64 was how much better its games looked graphically.

(Not directed at you specifically, but I've seen this same description used about two other games in the past week.)

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do like GOOD ps1 graphics for their own particular qualities, but yeah, comparing this to ps1 is just ridiculous and untrue.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well all I have to say is really, I'm sticking to the real proper goldeneye, the n64 one not some messed up game that looks like a modern warfare 2 mod conversion into goldeneye. I think it is similar to perfect dark, they came out with a new perfect dark zero and it sucked, imo, also some games on the xbox can cause hardware failures like the very popular rrod, which happened to me whenever I played that game. But they done a very very good job I suppose on the perfect dark thats on xbox live arcade. But I wonder if people still play that game online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: