ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldneye 007 wii dam gameplay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the gamplay so far?
yes
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
can't really say, Need to see more vid to come up with an opinion
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
on what game engine is this based on?NapalNero said the IW engine, but I don't know from what game that is

The "infinity ward" engine.

The same one used in Un-Modern Whorefest 42

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Tvirus676
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
I'm not going to deny it, I'm quite impressed with what can be seen in that video. I have complained about in enemy animations and general feel since the initial video, but this new footage shows huge improvement over that, so I guess that issue can be put down now.
EDIT: I must refute myself: 6:15, look at how easy it is to loose track of an enemy while you move. The player keeps trying to aim at the guard but the aim control doesn't collaborate.
Multi is a different issue, but we are not discussing it here since the video didn't show any multi... We were horrified by it in other thread already xD.

But I must point out something.
The game is undoubtedly strongly scripted, but not in the sense that GE was, where the "environment" was scripted. In this case it's the player that is scripted. Of course you are in control of what to do, but it's not the player that causes the situations, instead everything happens before you (very smoothly and well executed I must admit) and you are expected to do what the game designers wanted.
In this video, we have to consider that who plays is someone that knows the missions, knows what to do, and can make it shine. He's a "professional actor". He's playing his role in the scripted screenplay. What happens if you stray away from that? I'm sure the game will become dull very fast.
Also, what about replayability? Even if they design several possible routes, after you have done each one, it will be like watching the same movie over and over again, only that you can't sit back and relax, you have to play your role, say your lines, do your moves as expected...

This will be a really fun game to... watch... while someone skillfully plays bond's role in it Wink

I have to quote radorn since I think the same about this sensless Goldeneye ¿free remake?... Yeah, it will probably be great to play and all, but it will just be totally different from the true Goldeneye in the sense that in GE 64, you enjoyed EVERY MISSION an INFINITE amount of times. You can do the same missions over and over and it stills feel fresh, since you have the complete control of your actions and the way to do them. In this remake, it appears it will have kinda shameful, mechanic, automatized, spoiled gameplay.

...and precisely where this remake could really shine more than GE64 (the plot, the story narrative), it is really MESSED UP. C´mon, wtf, Activision is going to SUBSTANCIALLY CHANGE the story to "adapt it to modern times"! (Which means no Lienz Cussacks or Goldeneye key allowing Bank robbery, but something totally different ¿?¿?¿?).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find this very ironic...

In the world of Bond films:
GoldenEye was a modernization of the franchise.

In the the world of Bond games:
Wii's GoldenEye is a modernization of a modernization.

Perhaps the word we are looking for is Remodernization. Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely liking the looks of this. I'd probably like it better if it was a little less scripted, but it doesn't look nearly as bland as other scripted games, since the player almost always has something to do, and when they don't, what's happening is actually interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: