ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Goldeneye Wii Recut Multiplayer Trailer (New Levels)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: New Goldeneye Wii Recut Multiplayer Trailer (New Levels) Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO_sHIwJBfA&feature=sub

New levels
Outpost
Nightclub
Docks

Where the hell is my COMPLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't goldeneye, we all know this....

What do u fellas think?

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing's for certain...

This game is going to be a pile of sh!t and in the garbage can, dumpster, and my fu*king toilet + septic tank! Evil or Very Mad

Activision: Fu*k you! It isn't GoldenEye. You're bullsh!t and we all hate you to Hell! We were expecting an awesome remake and you give us another gay "Perfect Dark Zero."

--> Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I normally post spam. Razz

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL every trailer so far has made me cringe!

"A new GoldenEye has arrived, so what are you going to do?"

Most likely, I'd pop my GE cartridge in my N64 and play that instead! Razz

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, "A new version of goldeneye is out, what are you going to do?!"

"PLAY MY N64" Smile

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My sides hurt from laughing so hard.

Do they really think this game will sell?

Look at some of the comments, the fans are turning on the game pretty quickly.

Can't wait to not play this and just stick to the original. [/b]

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sofar this game looks so dang cool. But the problem is this game is not a remake what so ever.

Thay need to return all the levels like the complex that level was so much fun and temple to.

The game looks cool to play but thay need to fix the problems thay made.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly don't think they will fix any problems with the game. Activison doesn't want to do this for the fans of the game or any gamer really. They want to do what..well Hollis said: Pull an EA.

They want money, they know if they plaster "GoldenEye 007" on something or even "GoldenEye". Fans and gamers alike will come running to buy it. I learned my mistake with Rouge Agent.

I'm not touching this game.. PERIOD.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I no your rite NapalNero.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I no your rite NapalNero.

There's nothing wrong with optimism. But when the disappointments are being basically spoon-fed to you.. you loose it rather quickly. And even when the lead designer of the original game tarnishes it.. you know it's bad.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:

This game is going to be a pile of sh!t and in the garbage can, dumpster, and my fu*king toilet + septic tank! Evil or Very Mad

Activision: Fu*k you! It isn't GoldenEye. You're bullsh!t and we all hate you to Hell! We were expecting an awesome remake and you give us another gay "Perfect Dark Zero."

--> Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Just look at that horrible spelling. Laughing I agree, they should have left Temple and Complex in the game. I think the very fact that a developer of the original game is disgusted with it points out how much this game will suck. I can truly picture a devoted Goldeneye N64 fan playing this and then taking it out to the dumpster. It would be a waste of money to purchase and Activision is trying to scam us all. DO NOT fall for this crap.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it deserves a rent. I'm only interested in the alterations to the Goldeneye Story, really interested to see what they made. Multiplayer is an abomination to the Goldeneye name, we can already see that. That trailer I posted in this topic angers me greatly.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
00Dark wrote:

Just look at that horrible spelling. Laughing I agree, they should have left Temple and Complex in the game. I think the very fact that a developer of the original game is disgusted with it points out how much this game will suck. I can truly picture a devoted Goldeneye N64 fan playing this and then taking it out to the dumpster. It would be a waste of money to purchase and Activision is trying to scam us all. DO NOT fall for this crap.

Did you just reply to yourself..? LOL..

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126 wrote:
I think it deserves a rent. I'm only interested in the alterations to the Goldeneye Story, really interested to see what they made. Multiplayer is an abomination to the Goldeneye name, we can already see that. That trailer I posted in this topic angers me greatly.

The multiplayer looks like an abomination to gaming in general. Like you, I'm still interested in the single player mode. I'm curious about the modernization they've done, and I still think it looks like it could be pretty fun.

At this point, what bothers me the most is their advertising. There's really nothing connecting it to the original besides the name, some similar level design (probably just that one part in the Dam), paintball mode, and the basic plot. And yet they still insist on plastering their ads with "GOLDENEYE IS BACK! GET YOUR FRIENDS!" I think it's become very clear that this is "GoldenEye" in the same sense that GoldenEye: Rogue Agent was "GoldenEye". Rolling Eyes

By constantly reassuring us that "THE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER MODE MAKES A TRIUMPHANT RETURN!" and that "THE GAME YOU LOVED IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!" people are really going to expect it to play like the original. But no- it's a reskinned Call of Duty. I think they made a huge mistake playing into people's nostalgia like that. They're implying that it'll be very similar to the original. Obviously it isn't, and consumers will realize that. Of course it's still going to sell really well, but how many buyers will actually be happy with their purchase?

(Now that I think about it, they're 100% correct about the nostalgia bit. It will be a very nostalgic experience- for people who've played COD4.)

Take GoldenEye: Source. It has some very faithful recreations of the maps, but the game itself really doesn't feel much like the original. It's a lot of fun, but it certainly doesn't replicate the original. The developers are fully aware of this, and here's how they describe the game:

Quote:
It is a fan made artistic recreation, released for free, with only one goal in mind; to bring the memories and experiences from the original GoldenEye64 back to life using Source Technology. We want you to look at this mod and remember the first best multiplayer first-person shooter ever made. [...] But, we are not here to recreate the game exactly how it was in GE64, a lot of things have changed since they first designed that game, mainly in technology and gamers experiences. We are here to take the game even further but at the same time provide a lot of those fun elements that hardcore GE64 fans will enjoy.

Never once do they promise that this is the "original GoldenEye", they're very clear that, no, it won't be the same, but it'll bring back memories of the original. This is exactly what Activision should be doing. The saddest part is, GE: Source is far closer to a remake of the original than GE Wii will ever be.

While I'm thinking of it, I think it's hilarious how every press release refers to the game as "GoldenEye 007". Just plain GoldenEye isn't good enough. It has to be GoldenEye 007, you know, JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL, because it's totally the same game. It's a miracle they aren't actually calling it "GoldenEye 64", though I'm sure the thought occurred to them. The funniest part is, with the COD series, Activision has always retitled the games when they differ from the original version. So, because the XBOX/PS2/GC version of Call of Duty 2 is different from the PC/360 version, it's called "Call of Duty 2: Big Red One". They don't try to mislead anybody- it's a different game, it has a different title. Whatever happened to that, Activision?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The original multiplayer-only maps from our beloved GoldenEye 007 won't be making an appearance in this Wii "remake". They have nothing to do with the film GoldenEye, and are probably owned by Rare themself. As unfortunate as it is that Temple, Complex, Caves and Library won't be in this game, at least they've been busy trying to build new maps as a replacement. I can't say how those will play, but I can't dismiss them by a few quick glimpses.

However, even having said that, the multiplayer mode doesn't interest me in the slightest. I only care to see how the campaign turns out. That's the main reason why I'll be playing this at some point in time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: