ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What Is GoldenEye X?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: What Is GoldenEye X? Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye X is an enhanced version of the original GoldenEye 007 game for the Nintendo 64. It uses the Perfect Dark engine, which allows for new and exciting things not possible before. Here's just a few of these welcome features...

Voice-Overs:
If you're one of those people who don't like to read captions in games, than you'll be happy to know that voices are now supported. Instead of reading the conversations Bond has with other characters, you'll get to hear them. Doesn't that sound good?

Weather:
Not only can the sun or moon appear in the sky, it's also possible to trigger either rain or snow effects. This adds a whole new dimension to maps like the Surface.

Interactive Lighting:
Wasn't it a nice diversion running around the Bunker, shooting out all of the light fixtures? In GEX, the lights can actually go out. This might make you think twice before entering the darkness.

Clipping & AI Sighting:
Your enemies now have the ability to see through and over railings, allowing them to send a wave of bullets your way. You know how great hiding behind railings was in a level like Caverns? You won't be so lucky this time around.

Cooperative & Counter-Operative Missions:
If playing through the missions wasn't fun enough, now you'll be able to have a friend join in. Whether they are there to assist you, or are there to stop you from reaching your goals, is entirely your decision.

Virtual Reality (Multiplayer):
Remember how amazing the multiplayer was in GoldenEye? Well, picture that same incredible gaming experience, but throw in up to eight computer controlled opponents. Better customization over the match options, great scenarios (including King of the Hill and Capture the Flag), your choice of head and body, music preferences, and more. About the only thing you can't do, is prevent your buddies from choosing Oddjob.

Where can you download GoldenEye X? You can find the most recent public patches at the GoldenEye Vault website. If you aren't familiar with it already, here is the link...

www.goldeneyevault.com

We hope that you'll take the time to download the patch and test out the game. It's a labour of love, done only to improve upon what can easily be considered a masterpiece. If GoldenEye wasn't already the best FPS of a generation, perhaps this will be.

Thank you for taking an interest in this project.
- Wreck

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Wreck. I like what you sed.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have left this as a closed topic unless it added to the description...

Trev

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I wasn't a big-fan of Perfect Dark personally, this project looks amazing.

Cannot wait to play this. I've tried the Alpha-Patch and so far I like.. no.. I LOVE what I see.

Keep up the good work Wreck Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had thought about closing this topic, but in case anyone has any questions about the project, they could bring it up in here. Might as well keep this as a sort of FAQ for people to check out.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, It will take a bit of work to keep it an FAQ rather than WOW, cool etc posts. These need to be moved or something (And of cource mine deleted since they have now served their purpose)

Trev

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How's voiceovers gonna work? Not all lines were spoken in the movie O-o

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryani wrote:
How's voiceovers gonna work? Not all lines were spoken in the movie O-o

you can do the voices yourself if you are impatient.

internet is big and with some luck different friends of people can sure
let us borrow their talents for some voices that will sound ok.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, voices seem to me like something that will have to be done at the very end of the "development cycle", so it's the least of the worries atm, I'd say.
When the time comes, we'll work out a solution.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there is always the 5 person thing. Was it 5? Iunno. It's semi-easy to contact Graeme Norgate.

But if that fails I guess likenesses will have to do. Though I hated the likeness for TWINE. "Let's just speak in a monotone voice that goes up a bit and we'll sound like Brosnan."

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are different groups who do voice-over work, and would probably enjoy working on a game. I wouldn't just accept anything I can get, either. General guard speech is one thing, but the main cast is another. These voices need to sound proper. They obviously won't be perfect, but I'm betting there are satisfactory impersonators out there.

As Radorn said, this won't be until later on in the project. We might have some filler voices in the meantime, just to give people an idea of what is to come. This will also have the Action Blocks ready to go for when our official sound clips arrive.

Soopaweirdo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would hope to see one contributor to the project post footage of the weather effect, because my computer is crap because of the graphics card (GM 500 isn't even a "substandard" one on the market...), so downloading it now is out of the question. I wish I could, though. It looks like a wprthwhile project.

I can appreciate how much time you seem to spent making these patches, however. Good luck with future updates, Wreck.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i would love to see oddjob & mayday in the bonus missions

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you gonna replace all pain voices or add more? I could help by recording some possibly.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The standard injury sounds made by the male characters in the game have all been replaced by those from GoldenEye. There were exactly 25 sounds in each game, so that made things easier. A PD choking effect when a character is killed with a head or neck shot still plays randomly, but it has a purpose. I believe it is also shared between males and females, since is a generic throat sound. This will be included in the upcoming patch.

As for the other noises and sayings the guards say...
I would definitely like to replace them with new recordings. I'd have to compile a list of everything used in PD, and write their equivalent GE phrases. They'd probably require Russian accents, as well. Something we will get around to as we get deeper into the mission campaign.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: