ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission/Multiplayer Task Listings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your welcome Wreck Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started making more descriptive edits to the level list. It now indicates our progress more accurately, letting others know what has and hasn't been accomplished. I'll continue to update these as is needed.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new list Wreck good job.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Archives Reply with quote Back to top

Now that Facility VR is finished im going to take on Archives (VR and Mission) but im goning to concentrate on the VR setup for now.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that you are going to take on the Archives. I'll add this new information to the list. Smile

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DB has kindley give me the files that he had started with archives where the background is converted and the clipping is about 50% done, i havnt had chance to have a look at it yet and im away from home for a week starting today so i want be able to do anything on it just yet.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the status of Complex and Caves.
Aside from some possible tweaks to the setups, they're both complete. They still need a Path Network constructed for them, however, so Sims will not function in either level. Caves also requires better clipping.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not a big update, but the clipping has been updated for the following maps...

Temple, Library, and Egyptian.

Thanks to a new option put in the PD Editor by SubDrag, I was able to replace just the floors and ramps with converted tiles straight for GoldenEye. My first attempts were done manually, so they didn't match the originals perfectly. Now they are about as close as they can get. You may not notice a difference (especially if you aren't using a plugin that properly supports the RGB), but it's much better now.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck: Great, cant wait to see these updated levels, i must have a look at this new feature because archives has manual floor clipping instead of converted but like i said before every time i tried to convert archives clipping it messed up, maby its been fixed.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even if the Archives is using manual flooring, it can be replaced at a later date (same as with my three maps from first patch). So long as the walls are all built, we can keep those as-is. That's exactly what I did, and it works brilliantly. Saves a ton of time, since you don't have to redo everything.

I'll have to take a look at the Archives converted OBJ clipping when I go to make a new Archives BG file for you, with the proper textures and your visibility updates. Not quite sure why it would be acting up.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just so you know, this is what happens to me if i try to convert the archives clipping:

if i rescale then output as a .bin file it crashes as soon as i try to import.

if i rescale then output as a .obj file it imports and you can see it but all the room number ids for the clipping are wrong and half the tiles wont let you select them even if you can plainly see them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Temple and Complex both have Path Networks setup for them. The Complex requires some tweaking, and I may have to look into something for Temple, as well. I'd consider them complete, barring some small adjustments.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've redone the clipping for Cuba, and also setup an incredibly basic path network that allows a Simulant to navigate the area. The stage itself is now complete. What we're going to end up doing with it, I don't know. Expect to see it in the VR for the time being.

Also, I managed to fix the one path network issue I had found in the Temple. The Sims now appear to have no problems travelling the entire map. I haven't had any luck improving Sim performance in Complex, yet.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I claim jungle Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though I haven't check every single level, I don't think any of them are going to have the same boundary problems that the Dam suffers from. Only the Train, from what I've seen, crosses a line. That is very easily remedied, however, by simply shifting the entire stage back into the positive side. Other than those two instances, I haven't found anything else. That's really good news.

I've made some progress on Bunker ii. There's enough clipping to play throughout the whole stage, and the default AI Path Network seems good. An EliteSim was able to make it from the main viewing room to the holding cells without needing me to guide them. If there are any small kinks, I'll try to iron them out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: