ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Caverns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you converted the clipping for Caverns and imported it into your GE:X project? I've heard that it can be problematic in some levels, but it really is worth using. It saves a lot time, and matches the original. Building it from scratch is fine, since it gets the stage into a playable form. Later on down the road, it will need to be redone for accuracy. I did Temple, Library and Egyptian all a second time, just to make sure they were right.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you've been working away at this. It'll be a great level to include in the third patch. Maybe we'll have almost all of the GE multiplayer maps ready by that time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had troubles on using imported clipping. It was smaller than the level.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well you can do it by porting it to a obj editor then resize it to 1.0 or what ever size is need. Then open the PD editor then open your level then go in clipping mode then rite click and click on import obj clipping. forgot the name in the editor.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I've accidentally done the same thing once or twice. You need to choose the "Rescale Clipping" option from the right-click menu in GoldenEye's Visual Editor with Caverns open. From there, a window will pop-up, with the proper scaling value already entered. After you've rescaled the tiles, you then export it as an .OBJ file. It should work fine, but you'd have to test it out and see.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at Caverns clipping, and it looks like there is no point importing, its only floor clipping, no wall.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The walls need to be built separately using the PD Editor. The floors and ramps are very important, however, in order for the RGB shading to match the original stage perfectly. It might not seem important through most emulators, as they don't even properly utilize the RGB on clipping tiles. Jabo's lights certain weapons as you walk around, such as the KF7, but it isn't noticeable otherwise. You need to use a plugin like Glide in order for the shading to really stand out.

You can continue doing what you're doing, but we'll need to switch the walkable areas out with the converted clipping sometime in the future.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clipping Completed

Now to switch the ramps into walkable ramps.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great news Spyster, is the whole level clipped or just the multiplayer area, not that it matters, i was just wondering?
Its great when the clipping is out the way and you can make a start on the setup (im assuming your doing VR setup) anyway if you need any help with the map just let me know.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good to me, Spyster. I look forward to seeing your progress with the setup file. I'll have to remember to import the necessary textures for Caverns and generate a new background for you to work with. Those bloody doors are going to be a problem, though. Not the eyelid so much, I can deal with that. But the iris... Confused

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action, I have removed several rooms, so yes, this is a complete replica of the GE one.

I am wonderomg how I supposed to import it. I tried it once before, but that failed.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, some of the rooms have been removed from the BG file? That could also pose a few problems. I haven't yet tried converting a customized map to PD with the Editor. I suppose you can continue doing what you're doing, but it would really be better if the entire map was done, rather than a chopped up portion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: