ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye online w/ mac and pc?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryce23
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Goldeneye online w/ mac and pc? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question or wrong forum, but I couldn't find the answer with a search here.

My friend has a mac and I have a pc. I know I can get this working on my pc, but can my friend also set this up on his mac so we can play against each other online? Or does this not work with cross-platform? I notice the mupen emulator has a mac version, or there are others that would work with mac, but I dont know if that would cause a problem if I use a different emulator on my pc. Also, will the n64 controllers work on his mac with the proper adapter?

Thanks in advance

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it will work you sud test it out and see.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The correct forum would be the emulation forum
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewforum.php?f=27

Replying to your question, and avoiding the technical implications there could be to make that work, the truth is that, as far as I know, there's no netplay enabled n64 emulator that will run natively on a Mac.
For the time being, your only possibility would be to try to run a windows one through Wine or some PC emulator and hope it works.

Apart from that, The only crossplatform N64 emulator being actively developped is Mupen64Plus. It may, in the future, implement netplay, but for now it doesn't.

I encourage you to try the Wine method and report on your success.
You could also try to google for it just in case someone already tried.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: