ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Why can't a hat be a weapon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Why can't a hat be a weapon? Reply with quote Back to top

I shoot the hat off the enemy, then kill the enemy. The body evaporates but the hat and gun remain.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing because the hat is a standard object that just sits on the characters head like the helmet, which is why it can be modified with GameShark codes(like Det did in his Beta Modifier codes).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the headgear is an object (11 type) in the setup file. It is assigned to a character ID for them to wear. If you shoot it off, it won't disappear when the person is killed. It works kind of like a gun. If it is dropped, it is no longer attached to them. Think of Natalya's Magnum. When she dies, she won't let go of it, and it vanishes with her. Once the character gives up ownership of the item, it'll remain in the stage.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, now why does that happen. I always thought she should drop it so I could pick it up.

In PD Elvis drops his farsight...

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They set an object flag on her Magnum, which prevents her from dropping the weapon after death. Since it is still in her possession, it disappears along with her body. Kind of a shame that you can't just scoop it up and use it on nearby enemies, but that might have encouraged even more Natalya abuse. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't we gameshark the enemy's hat to be used as a "throwing knife" weapon? I'd like to do a few Odd Jobs moves with those otherwise useless hats.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kwakkles wrote:
Can't we gameshark the enemy's hat to be used as a "throwing knife" weapon? I'd like to do a few Odd Jobs moves with those otherwise useless hats.

The only thing I could think off is making a new model of a hat and replace the throwing knife with that model, which could probably done with the model editor in the Set Up Editor. I'm not skilled with it(i'm only good at texturing, and other things like that within the editor.) but maybe someone else could do it. But I could definitely see it having some extreme problems such as the model's throwing animation and other things.

So basically, it's a giant maybe.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Just add it as another model.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: