ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Bonus Bond Villian levels -------?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Bonus Bond Villian levels -------? Reply with quote Back to top

it seems that the 2 Elvis levels and the
Mr Blonde's revenge level are going to eventually
turn in to 2 Oddjob levels and One Jaws level

"The Duel" also could transform in to that one Scaramanga place from
"The man with a golden gun" with the mirrors and the final "duel person"
is him.

i hope to find any stories (find the bond novels for free i hope)
and see if there is any stories about Odjobb and see if they can work
to make his levels

maybe "war" could turn in to the assault to Fort knox, but
since the Skedar kings are there, that would be a weird thing unless
Oddjob has to face secret goverment Vault defense RObots
which means turn the skedar kings from this:

to this:

it would be like some kind of crazy "revenge of shinobi" situation where famous characters make cameos.....
Droids in Goldeneye X?
it would be too weird - is there anything that can be done about the weird
NOn-human enemies of PD?

EDIT: Changos! I forgot that 2 of those bonus levels are more probable to turn in to aztec and egyptian........

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember the exact count, but I think PD has a total of 21 available slots for missions. GoldenEye, as we all know, has 20. That only leaves us with 1 extra mission slot. This could be changed through hacking, allowing additional slots to open up. At this time, we have to look at it as it is, though.

The only idea I have had for the bonus mission, is a Duel in Cuba (end credits map). It keeps you playing as Bond, makes use of Cuba, and mimics Perfect Dark a little bit. Who knows if this will make it in, but it's a possibility. Any brand new maps (created by a mapper from scratch) will need to be tested and voted on. Just because it is new, doesn't mean it'll automatically be used. The quality will need to be on par with Rare's work.

I'm really not too interested in having missions where you play as anyone other than Bond. The "Play as Elvis" cheat might end up as "Play as Oddjob", so you'd be able to play as him in any level. GoldenEye was all about being James Bond, and it should probably stay that way.

ED-209; the Enforcement Droid from RoboCop? Hehe, as much as I love the original Robo movie, I really can't see robots in GoldenEye. Perhaps in the future world of Perfect Dark, but not so much here. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you -

21 slots vs 20?

at first sight it looks like PErfect had 1 less level than goldeneye-
(i did not think the Duel counted because i thought it loaded from the carrington institute map Jo is already on when booting the game)

IN fact i was going to write you a PM about maybe
merging the Surface 1 mission to the Bunker 1 mission
(since it looks like area 51 seem to be about the right size to have the complete surface + 1st bunker levels in One.)

but i find it great that no such "sacrifices" have to be made.

ON the subject of using the non- human characters
could the tiny skedars be turned into Dogs (german shepperds or doberman)
they would be a great addition to the depot level and the Dam

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We could make use of the different enemy types featured in Perfect Dark, but we'd need to document them first. The Skedar is a lot different from a human, and the body parts use different IDs. An animation that causes a person to look downward, could make a Skedar lower their left arm. The newly developed character type would have to mimic those that are being replaced, so that the animations will still work properly.

A floating computer, which could be changed into Q's Mobile Desktop, would be fine. The G5 Robotic Sentry could become another hovering defense droid, and the HoverCopter could turn into the beta Camouflage Soviet Chopper. It all depends on what you can think up, and whether or not it'll actually fit in with what we have to work with.

Never say never... just say "not right now". Razz

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scaramanga vs Bond in Cuba

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually a really creative idea! Scaramanga vs Bond in cuba.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If someone wants to put together a very good looking Francisco Scaramanga head and body (on-par with Rare's work), than I'd definitely include him in the game. Either having him in just the multiplayer portion of GE:X, or also in a possible bonus mission. But if he doesn't look good, than he's not going in. Plain and simple. Razz

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how about a russian hind D to replace 1 of the skedar kings

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the chopper conversion idea. I'm thinking maybe add it to streets, have it come out when you reach a certain point or if you mess around for too long/kill too many civilians. It would give the tank a chance to stand out a bit more.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Trippy_Hippie
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see more classic Bond villains like Blofeld, Scaramanga, Goldfinger and Largo in multiplayer replacing the Perfect Dark characters, if they're on par with George Lazenby and the other Baron Samedi model.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of an extra level similar to "WAR" in Perfect Dark, where instead of aliens you along with U.S. or British Marines are doing mop up operations either at the Control Room, Jungle or Caverns.

Or perhaps You with Russian Soldiers fighting enemy remnants on the Depot.(Though that would make less sense as the Russians would take care of their own business.)

Very Similar to the Ending of You Only Live Twice, or Goldfinger.

With the level progression backwards, from Ending to Beginning. Like Mr. Blonde's Revenge.

BTW I love the Idea of an ED-209, as a hidden character maybe. Seems the Skedar animation is just perfect for it. You can even shoot the gun off. But I can see how it breaks immersion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: