ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Cradle - November 7th, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Adding Opaque Clipping to an engine that allowed AI to see over railings and therefore having the effect in GE where the guards needed to turn the corner to shoot you (whilst you are there) is a bit silly.

But if it's the only way to complete the mission? Silly or not, I'd rather players actually be able to finish the final stage of the GoldenEye campaign. There should probably be something to determine character AI visibility, but that'd be set for guards in the mission, not for Simulants in VR. Unless it is tied into the sky block, it'd be within the character setup or their action block.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished clipping most of the level, checked to see what needed altering during test play, and then decided to see how the Simulants would perform in the map...

That was one of the funnest matches I've had in GE:X thus far. They weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be with the transparent railing tiles. Sometimes they would fire from the central machinery platform while you're running around collecting weapons above, but nothing supernatural or borderline cheating. I would often be surprised by one of them, since they fire through railings above and below you. Aside from some small hiccups in the stock AI Path Network, it was huge fun. No idea how this thing would handle with multiple human players and Simulants, but it's worth testing out. Very Happy

Edit: 4-Player (at least on my PC) runs horribly sluggish, but 3-Player seems tolerable. The more Simulants you throw into the mix, the more choppy it could start becoming. Not very good news for Challenges, I'm afraid.

Edit ii: Added an image to the first post.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Adding Opaque Clipping to an engine that allowed AI to see over railings and therefore having the effect in GE where the guards needed to turn the corner to shoot you (whilst you are there) is a bit silly.

Si

Wreck wrote:
But if it's the only way to complete the mission?

Rolling Eyes
Wreck wrote:
Silly or not, I'd rather players actually be able to finish the final stage of the GoldenEye campaign. There should probably be something to determine character AI visibility, but that'd be set for guards in the mission, not for Simulants in VR. Unless it is tied into the sky block, it'd be within the character setup or their action block.

The level is easy, even i can go far and say it really is not in the same category as the category of the game. A final battle that did not have the same value like the game.

i think that tall clipping in some parts of cradle do have a meaning-
Wreck has problems with characters running around , big problem.

When running really fast down the stairs Bond and characters do "fly"
so tall invisible walls make sense for characters not to fall to their death -

i'm not a fan of invisible walls.

if the stair rails are tall enough they are good enough for protection when not running with the Yellow C buttons -
for the ones who take the risk
the element of danger for falling is there and is healthy for mulitplayer.

this level even will be nice to see in mission mode - even if it would not have cinemas or the trevelyan is not "real"
there is the coolness that as long as there is guards you can play it in counter operative mode.
Smile
Wreck you always take good pictures of the game, i wonder how many
times or how many pics you take before deciding on a final good one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remembered that the original Cradle had fog that helped to cut down on your overall visibility range. I hadn't really tried this with PD before, but I took a little bit of time and ended up with a pretty positive result. I've added a comparison image to the first post. If the hands and other on-screen icons weren't present, it'd be quite difficult to differentiate the two. This may even boost the multiplayer performance slightly. Heh, it's little things like this that keep me excited about the mod. How much we can recreate, and what we can do to enhance.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's much more visibility now.

will there be a attempt to eventually use the
"Antenna Cradle Source" version from the GE patch?

Wreck , even tho anybody can think it up -

A setup for combat simulator/VR is an obligation
we will play around with PD and make a combat simulator challenge
settings that could fit pretty well the cradle level- if it seems good enough i hope it can be programmed in as a "challenge 30"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cradle as a Challenge for 1 and 2-Player modes would be fine, it's when you get 3 or 4-Players on the Cradle that the framerate begins to take a hit. I would be worried that, if the pace is so slow and choppy, that people may not even want to try beating the Challenge with that many players.

The "Source" version of the Cradle does look great, and adds a lot to the background, but it will also hurt the framerate. It might not be as noticeable with only one person playing, but you'll definitely start feeling the lag when another player or two are participating. The current map already has issues in this department, and adding to the load will only make things worse, I'm afraid.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mm

maybe the source cradle should be a 1 player or coop exclusive-

For multiplayer it is a fact that the mountains and "bowl" will not be visible.
unless its replaced with a flat graphic , like an inverted "dome" sky in Mario 64 and then who knows if it would help

i think there is some multiplayer levels that do such trick where elements are disappeared from their single player versions to help the framerate.

multiple people in challenges?

we never really got in to it.... only 2 of us at the most at the same time
i did all challenges by myself because the others prefer to battle all humans.
so the challenge thing might be focused on just 2 players at most...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: