ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

uncertain [Future] improvements are uncertain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: uncertain [Future] improvements are uncertain Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm...

well i think this "Future improvements threads" have been a failed thing -
the intention was not to present the ideas for critique -
it was for presenting your own ideas & or variations or improvements of other's ideas
it was for us to share the visions we all had about certain levels -
Like Trevor's Gun dream thing -

It would have been interesting for each to post your ideas of how the levels should have been done and corrections of the original rareware ideas you would like to see made.

then in the best case (say after 10 of those) see what is similar and take those and use them.

I see that those things are too big secret -
if nobody wants to share the thoughts because of fear their
"concept ideas will be stolen" i don't blame anybody for this...
and too bad too because i thought the overall forum would act like a
collective witness to them for any future reference.

On my gameplay preference -
Unfortunate is that part of my Ideal scenarios for missions is for things to be always different as much as possible - and in some cases give players the tool or gadget to help a little.
Every time a level loads things should be as random as life -
so it gets you a little closer in to the Bond persona and for each level to be defeated with a combination of luck, skill and ability to improvise.

It is too bad if there is a negative response to this -
but it only reminds me of a particular person who made a bad Goldeneye review and said the game was "impossible in 00 difficulty"

Fumbles ollo and i are what some call "hardcore players" and like hard-to-beat games and levels with as much realism as the games allow.

Suggestion INdex
If any one has suggestion about GEX and don't want them to share space with other suggestions, then i think the best would be to put level suggestions individually under their own "Folder" or "index"
so it would be
Goldeneye X/Suggestions/[Control] Fulano's ideas,
and then fill the sub index with a bunch of thread topics based on level concepts (eternally's [runway], Oldy's [runway], Trevors [runway] etc.
OR
Goldeneye X/Suggestions/[Control]especial edition suggestions
and have one thread for each level with all concept ideas for the level in one place.

And remember , it is not about fighting its about transforming and
Adding Things

I have not ever said Ideas are bad -
i only hate when things are removed, but i'm sure someday they can be worked around or agood impostor will take their place.
some are technically bad because of frame-rate or limitations - but a similar option can take its place

And about invisible walls - when you remove an invisible protection is not subtracting - You are adding another hazard to the game. another enemy on Bond's list.

I wish to continue on making more for each level - and even some thoughts on the MI6 thing - but
if the majority thinks that these interfere with the
original primary task of
duplicating the original game to the PD engine, then
the best thing is to move them somewhere else or delete them to save
server space. ( no point on having dead topics)

i know the "wish" list by memory so if they are needed and i'm still around ,then no problem on rewriting them.

@ Trevor - Ideas float around and most of the time they are similar -
your bunker thing is very similar to what i thought was behind those door the first time i played that level - in fact i looked for gameshark codes to see if it was even possible.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't of said it better.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Couldn't of said it better."

What the fudge!?

What couldnt you have said better? Deletion, Combination or subForum?

Ok, theres 2 sides here and Im now going to have to take Oldys side, afterall hes re-named the topics to not interfere with GEX(origonal) so anything mentioned in them is not ment for GEX(origonal).

----

I see what your saying about randomness, but I think theres a better way of doing the "Never play the same game twice" type of game.
I would be inclined to take this further and even have selective campain - where by failing an objective means somethings different next level (unless its game critical...) or levels could be skiped (hmm, probaly not).
This would take a lot of thought (if things could be held in memory) though could even be as baisic as how many enemies are available.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there is even deeper ways of modifying the game

we 6 disscussed the MI6 potential to be mission especific-
But the Pd game does not seem to have the capacity to store certain informations to adapt to previous player actions.

Still - there is a chance to achieve this-
By making each ROM "mission set chapters"

We take for example the first 3 missions
DAM Facility Runway - the 3 are part of a mission MR Bond must have prepared for -
In the original game the preparations came in the form of the Mission documents
What we have with the PD is a 3 dimentional Training and preparation
"lobby"
So it would make sense for MI6 headquarters (CArrington institute) to have all information about the mission, weapons, gadgets and possible enemies available for Bond's training.

So if you go to the Q lab area, Q trains you on how the gadgets for the upcoming mission work.

At the shooting range the Weapons you'll take and the weapon duplicates that intel could gather are available for Bond to practice his aim.

M tells you some things of interest on the mission

Computer terminals have maps indicating areas if interest

Player take that info and memorize it -

Because the Q watch only contains shorter versions of mission briefing.
and the objectives are listed but in no order and no great detail.
(example, disrupt communications - any way of disrupting them will do, but some methods are better than others and not disrupting them will not mean the end of the mission , but most likely they can get Bond killed)

OF course Bond in movies apparently does no training , so in the game you can skip the MI6 exploring and jump right to the mission set.

The problem with the new DAM facility and Runway is -

There is no especific mission objectives, some objects are never in the same place, and there may be more than one way to get from pojn A to point B - Players will have to figure out what to do and use critical thinking skills to succeed -

Mission failure causes:
Death , stuck- player quits.
Is there incentives? missions can have 2 target times - the intended target mission time of the shortest route -
and the Cheat unlocking target time

One example i give is the Facility -

Doctor Doak is not only Random, he no longer has an identifiable face -
Bond must use the "body scanner" (that PD thing that identifies the real president) to identify who he is.

There is no especific number of scientist you have to spare - BUT - kill enough scientist and the rest will turn violent and hunt you down with tranquilizer darts and some with even handguns-
Some will run and ring alarms -triggering the all classic never ending reinforcements - so mission fails Because Bond is 90%+ sure to die

Kill Doctor Doak , you get no key - you are stuck

The original game also had a ending variable - if you get out through the conveyor belt - you appear on the conveyor belt in Runway -
there was no reason or benefit for that , But maybe the gas leak triggers a whole new path of alternate but similar events that makes that exit a necessity.

There is much to discuss -

First thing is to Write down and document all that the original game does -
Unused areas - random events and guard actions.
this way the hackers who do the harder work of getting the levels ported don't have to search it on their own-
the things that can't be duplicated will need alternatives and that's where the ideas come in to fill in in the meantime-
THEN if there is still will - try to Improve the game and make it like a new experience, where all the original elements are in, but not as predictable as before and with extras.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Moderators and the GEX hackers -

If the ideas posts are too distracting they can be deleted or "stored" away for later convenient times.

Ollo also has told me that he really has bad toughts about
us all GE PD fans to openly share concepts about level objectives and
alternatives -

He says this because he really does not Want
Wii hackers to take them and use them to Give wii Goldeneye a more
Original Rareware Goldeneye feel-

Olllo thinks that the only true games that deserve this mod concepts are
GE , PD and PDxbla.
especially PD because its multiplayer coop has not been equaled by any Bond game since 2000.

I think that if any of the current forum hackers are thinking on getting involved in a future GEwii mod and take any of the ideas presented so far should at least mention that the source has been here.
the shooters forever forum.
Same goes for taking them and using them on a GE source single player re-do

So Wreck and the rest of the hack leaders , its your call to decide what to do -
my intention is to give the ideas to be used only with the PD engine,
i can't speak for others who shared theirs.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like all the new ideas.
I mean we have GE already, we can always enjoy that game. Just playing GE with PD's engine doesn't deliver enough to the great game that GE already is. Making some other improvements (or just new mechanics or objectives) makes this project more facinating.

I'm pretty sure that even when GE is nearly perfect game on its own there is also extra things that we could have enjoyed back at the days.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
"Couldn't of said it better."

What the fudge!?

I was agreeing with Oldyz. It was supposed to be presenting new ideas, new things to add. All they've caused, from what I've been reading in them, is arguments. Just try to clean it up and use the Thread how it's supposed to be use, rather than just bickering.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know im sorry on what i sed on the runway topic.

I know you all want new idea and stuff to be put into the game and yes i agree to but we sud all wait till Goldeneye X is done.

Why i think we sud wait till then?

Well when its done all there is to do is add new stuff to the levels and make it much better.

Like a Expansons pack for Goldeneye 007. Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think about this: "GoldenEye: X - oldyz's cut" that solves everyone's problems.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Lol thats funny. Laughing

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:

Let's just cut an entire portion and dedicate it to Oldyz so he can mess around with it.

Wink

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

No - too much work

- I can only come up with cloudy and weird concepts for objectives or actions or characters.

Thanks to Trevor, Dragonsbrethren, fantsu, Wreck, SATURN_81, and all others with some ideas in other discussion the
cloudy picture becomes more and more focused.

I don't think i can give complete and very detailed descriptions because i'm thinking the stuff in images and sounds most of the time -
also
I'm pretty bad at imagining architecture-
in fact more of the things would make more sense if we could actually describe them while playing the game.

We need to share all that its in our heads or inspirations of dreams we had
(I bet all of us had weird Goldeneye nightmares or dreams)

The best version of Goldneye after X:

i think the Best version there will be is if we manage to do the COOP pack versions -
Think about it, there would be really no other Bond game like that -
all Bond games focus on just Bond.

There is many benefits for the coop version packs-
the most important is that it allows anyone to play the fastest with the emulator to play the coop edition levels with another person, this PC is not so good and the game is playable on cooperation mission modes - i have more problems with Combat sim i don't know why.

LEt's clean up -

I think ill start posting the threads in the PD section.
there is an organization mistake i want to correct -

The first post should list all observations of the levels in the original game
Edited for corrections by the mods members observations or me-

Second post a collection of similar things we observed in PD that apply to GE and the technical problems that might we encounter.

Third post a list of ideas and objectives shared by members with picture and video links if needed.
4th ideas for MI6 dialogues, trainings & multiplayer arenas found on the Coop packs.
they will also be edited if anyone might morph the ideas to unite them or change it.

the rest of the posts are where we share the thoughts on the levels ideas, new objectives or objective replacements, and findings & observations of the original game and PD,All the posts will be referenced on Post 3.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

any ideas of the past few weeks are pretty good, but all of us to pause and wait for the evolution of X goldeneye, I think at this time we are giving too much work to do, when the possibilities of these ideas do not know how it goes work, suggest that many of the levels and are not carrying weapons or build, is good to have these ideas, but we must not leave them for the future? ie for example we have no idea how it will operate the level of the dam and sloped or however we want things at that level?.
I think we finish first carry and build all the levels and weapons, then the future is the time to decide what things we want for sloped or goldeneye X.
of course I also have given you some ideas (including myself I must stop), particularly not change much, nor very little of the editor, and am still learning English over and I have enough.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, err, first off I would like to apologise for the misunderstanding at first *acceptable67.

Second, I think that it is clear and so should be thought about clearer, These ideas are Not for GEX(Origonal).
However Oldies, you are in the corrct place to post these as these are not PD related but GEX related.

Also you dont need to wait till GEX is finnished to post ideas for future mods.

GEX will still finnish itself but it means that when it is people can start on these asap.

If you have an idea for GEX then post it in the relevent suggestion or map or [whatever] thread, if its an idea for the future then post in these threads.

I cant see what is so dificult about this now. the titles of the threads are what they are (different before when they suggested they were for GEX(origonal) which of cource ment that a lot of the suggestions were out of the question)

And yes, lest stop bickering about these silly things and get on with doing whatever we're doing, whether it be making levels or simply posting suggestions.
We may all have our dissagreements but lets keep them on the suggestion at hand and not whether they are in the correct place/time or not.

I think this thread is done.

For the interests of the forum comunity and tidyness how about somebody closes it now.

Trev

P.S. any suggestions brought up here are only repeats of those already in the correct topics before somebody says anything about closure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: