ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

From Russia With Love...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: From Russia With Love... Reply with quote Back to top

I picked this one up for GameCube a couple of days ago. Everthing or Nothing was pretty enjoyable, so I figured this one would be fun. It's probably my favourite of all EA's Bond games. The character models are very nice, especially Sean Connery and Robert Shaw. There's quite a few weapons to choose from, but not available in all missions. It has a better understanding of bullet location impact than some of their earlier work. If you shoot somebody in the back of the head, they usually go down first hit. The 'Bond Focus' targetting system allows you to aim at specific parts of a person. My absolute favourite thing to do in this is fire at the enemies' grenade belt. You can see them trying to get away from it before the explosive goes off. The close combat fighting is great to watch, all though I don't seem to use it too often. My only beef with From Russia With Love is the sniper rifle. The controls for it are awkward and touchy. There's no smooth precision, just jittery movements. Also, the cars have poor turning ability and traction. Other than that, it's really interesting. I can now say that there is an EA Bond game that I like. Smile

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked it too. I still prefer Nightfire though. It's too bad the multiplayer eroded.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got that ''from russia with love'' game and I liked it. Very Happy

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Own it on Xbox and it's a great game. Although, I did prefer Nightfire for the multiplayer and EON for the single player.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have it for Gamecube, good game. Played through it all abit too quick, but it was overall pretty fun to play, as well as semi-challenging.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have it for Gamecube too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's no point in beating the game completely, obtaining the 100% mark on your file. You won't receive any awards after unlocking the final bonus mission, so going all out is unnecessary. It would have been nice to open up something, even if it were just a message congratulating you on being a great agent. I guess EA doesn't have much creativity when it comes to cheat options and rewards. That evidence can be seen in most of their Bond titles. Confused

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I beated the game already. Very Happy

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

justin p demafilis wrote:
I beated the game already. Very Happy

Believe it or not but I'm still not done the game. I'm probably 3/4 through the game. I stopped playing because I had other new games that I have to beat but I told myself that I have to complete it...and I will someday...:p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: