ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I did it...I ordered it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: I did it...I ordered it... Reply with quote Back to top

It's on sale at buy.com with gold wii controller...it's really just to see what's wrong with it for $50, and to see how they bastardized original architecture. But I did it Sad Embarassed

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: I did it...I ordered it... Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It's on sale at buy.com with gold wii controller...it's really just to see what's wrong with it for $50, and to see how they bastardized original architecture. But I did it Sad Embarassed

Ooooo.... Tell us how it is...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I got the version with the golden Classic Controller Pro, too. The funny thing is, I ended up using the Wii Zapper instead. I just couldn't get used to the controls with the controller. Kept getting confused. Confused

The game is really no comparison to the original, but it's still enjoyable for what it is. Not sure whether or not you'll like it, but I'm glad to see that people are giving it a chance.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hehe, I got the version with the golden Classic Controller Pro, too. The funny thing is, I ended up using the Wii Zapper instead. I just couldn't get used to the controls with the controller. Kept getting confused. Confused

The game is really no comparison to the original, but it's still enjoyable for what it is. Not sure whether or not you'll like it, but I'm glad to see that people are giving it a chance.

I use the Wii Zapper as well.

MUCH easier to shoot.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, go oldschool people. GCN controller for me :B

And there's no bastardising the original architecture, cuz there isn't any original architecture XD The only things that are the same level-wise is the fact most objectives are the same and areas are influenced by.

Jungle still has drone guns, ammunition storages that need to be blown up, and Xenia. And a bridge. Facility still has a bathroom, corridors, tanks, labs, bottling room. It's just redesigned.

Do not compare this with the original and you should be fine, it's a better game than Nightfire was XD

I just finished the game today, and I don't regret buying this at the full price for a controller I'll probably never use. And if you remember my original posts, I was very unhappy with this modern gameplay originally.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In this last issue of GameInformer it got 6.5 out of 10.. user rating was 8 out of 10..

I havnt gotten a chance to play it yet but I immagine if the multiplayer is anything like the other 007 games I've played on the Wii itll be fun..

Here's a link to the GI review if you want to check it out..

http://gameinformer.com/games/goldeneye_007/b/wii/archive/2010/11/02/goldeneye-007-review.aspx

But with a game like this it's something you really have to try for yourself before judging.. Some people will hate it, some people will love it.. Let us know what you think when it comes in..

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I did it...I ordered it... Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:

You act like its ordering radioactive material

Draven844
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to talk about controllers, I ordered the classic controller bundle and I still end up using my Gamecube controller. It's really easy to use if you ask me. And yes, this is better than Nightfire. Nightfire was fun but after about 10 minutes it totally sucked donkey balls. I can't just say it was bad or it sucked, it had to have sucked donkey balls.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Draven844 wrote:
Nightfire.

Speaking of Nightfire, it works on my Xbox 360.

I still play MP with my bro's, usually tig or Oddjob hat tig.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've played it a bit. It's not bad really. Decent action, guns are nice. It's not GoldenEye, and way too much interruption of action, and story I can't even follow, but eh, it's playable one-time through on solo.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started out on the easiest difficulty, just to get into it. I'm not all that great at the newer FPS games, anyway. I've since gone through Agent and 007, and began 007 Classic. I think I'm at the Nightclub mission. It really feels better on the harder settings, as it pushes your abilities, and adds additional objectives.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coincidental, Wreck, so am I. Though I'm up to Nightclub on all difficulties, finding it impossible on Classic. Too many crossfires in the main rooms... but you made sure to get the revolver from Zukovsky's office? One hit kill, with some ammo in the toilet stalls and security office.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've found the revolver (called a "Wolfe .44" or something?) in his office, but haven't actually had a chance to play the mission on 007 Classic. It's probably one of the stages I like the most, because of the atmosphere and originality. The music makes it very unique, as well.

Draven844
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I hated the nightclub mission with a passion when I first got there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: