ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Doom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Doom! Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering if anyone else came across this, its a remake of Goldeneye using the EDGE engine, basically an enhanced DOOM engine (of the old kind, not the crappy Doom 3) The site installer link is messed up, so you have to search and download somewhere else. Since Im playing on XP, Im having some graphics problems, at least with the opengl executable, I still have to fool with it, but it seems to be a pretty cool and somewhat accurate remake, objectives and all!

Home site: http://goldeneye.newdoom.com/about.shtml
Download (Easy EDGE Installer Standalone with FreeDOOM) (Most Features Available):
http://files.filefront.com/GoldenEye+Doom2+TC/;2600432;;/fileinfo.html

UPDATE: If you are having graphics problems, edit the start batch file and delete the gl infront of edge, this will use the other executable that doesnt use opengl, it worked for me, i have no grphics problems now.

Also, you might have no sound effects, go into options and turn the sound all the way up, the music volume might take no effect, so thats the best thing to do for now.

Other than that, this game is very fun to play, watch out for much bigger explosions and a long reload time though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds cool, man.
Do you think you'd be able to take some screenshots for us?
I'd love to see this GoldenEye mod in action. Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played pretty much the whole game. It seems to be pretty complete, but it seems to be still a work in progress. For example, some levels it is possible to just go right to the end without doing objectives, this is because the only way to prevent that problem is to block the exit, and have code to remove the block once an objective is done, usually when something is picked up, it is probrobly hard to tie more complicated objectives to actions when dealing with a doom engine. Some levels are skipped, or just made as a push-button and done level, but those are mostly near the end, the begining maps are done pretty good. Very fun to play, but if you want to play more levels after the first skipped map, type idclev or any of the original doom cheats. Its interesting that some of the later map numbers are actually maps not from Goldeneye, but made off other Bond Movies, so they are new and fun to play also. Here are some Screenshots I took:

[/img]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's no GoldenEye Source, but it's still pretty cool.
I really like the fact that they made some new stages based off of other locations in previous Bond films. The Fort Knox mission sounds like it'd be interesting. Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its very cool and fun to play, especially for the begining missions, but it is definitley a work in progress, but I believe its not dead, so I guess it will improve. I was bored, so I returned my Doom Hacking days and cracked open the wad with XWE, and found sprites of computers, ALL the GUNS and a ton of stuff not yet used in the maps, so I believe this has a lot of promise to be completed in the future. Of course, for now, there are several things missing or need to be improved, many dealing with objectives. For people who want to test out the later levels after you notice the first missing map, I compiled a map list: (Type idclev when playing)
Map17: Short Elevator Map-Last Before Skip
Map18:Missing-Replaced with FreeDoom Map
Map19:Missing-Replaced with FreeDoom Map
Map20:Cradle-Sucks, can definetly see it needs improvement
Map21:Missing-Replaced with FreeDoom Map
Map22:Egypt-Pretty Good, didnt check out thouroughly
Map23:ScaraManga!
Map24:Submarines
Map25:Another Extra Map
Map26:Another Extra Map
Map27:Goldfinger-Fort Knox
Map28:Another Extra Map
Map29:Missing-Replaced with FreeDoom Map
Map30:Missing-Replaced with FreeDoom Map
Map31:Extra Map-Pure Carnage on Communists
Map32:Extra Map-Pure Carnage on Communists
Map33:Not There, no more maps

I just noticed, I think Aztec is missing, whatev, im sure thats not a priority to the people who made this considering a couple in the actual story are missing, not to mention Statue just involves pressing a button,lol.

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yah played that thing a while ago, fun, but after a lil 30 minutes you miss the real thing hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: