ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Confused...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Confused... Reply with quote Back to top

The title says it all, for christmas ill be getting a new pc built by my bro. I'm trying to reason with myself which I should do, buy a pc built by him or buy something like a 26-30 inch TV for my ps3. He is ONLY building me a pc, not getting me a monitor/keyboard/mouse not even a case which im fine with. And says he can build me a pretty decent one for £260, his one cost around £700. He is pretty sneaky though and can get parts for pretty cheap. My monitor sux and is 17 inch, what will happen when I try to play a more modern game on it, there might not be a resolution that would fit. All I know so far about the specs of this new PC is that it will have 4GB ram and a modern raedon gfx card with 500GB hard drive(cos im not greedy nub who needs 1TB). So far I have £105 saved up, and my parents and my bro are giving me money towards that. I just don't want my ps3 gathering dust really... But the reason why I would like this PC is because of how customisable they are on gaming, net so ez to access on pc, no dumb slow browser on the console that looks crap. how much more powerful they can be than consoles. Better fps. Also how precise when your on shooters with the keyboard/mouse, emulators and so on, and talking about emulators, this pc will be able to handle many more arcade games hopefully Mr. Green . Sure in the future i'll save up and buy new monitor and so on.

So guys, I would love to know what yous think I should do and even say some reasons why a modern PC will be better then to have than a console.
Also, which games would run ez with 4GB ram? just curious

EDIT: Also I noticed on PSN, when im playing black ops they somehow limit the bandwidth? It says bandwidth available 1000 something kbs when It actually should be near 3000, wtf? also it says strict NAT

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strict Nat - can be caused by alot of things, google it.

Unless you use your computer for a bunch of games, then get the TV.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can definatly answer your first question, about how it will run the games.

I get that it's a Radeon card.. but what kind? You have to be specific.

I mean, theres a fine line between a HD 4350 and a HD 6970.

And for that small budget, you mise well hope for a good one.

All games can handle 4 Gigs of Ram.

Most games only require 2.

And you said your brother was going to build you a PC, but not offer the Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor etc, you'll have to pay for those, which the monitor can be a little pricey.

As a small answer to your bandwidth error, your ping is probably to high. [Can be caused by downloading miscellaneous things.]

Hard Drive is fine, Ram is fine etc etc. Monitor size doesn't matter that much

And you wanted to know which would be better?

Well PC obviously beats consoles in gaming but you would need a good graphics card to handle the games.

Hope this helped some of your questions

[Most based off of personal opinion. It's all your choice.]

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe its either going to be a raedon 4*** or 5***. Sorry I don't know which

And I already have a mouse/keyboard/monitor, just basic ones

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
I believe its either going to be a raedon 4*** or 5***. Sorry I don't know which

And I already have a mouse/keyboard/monitor, just basic ones

Good series(s).

Shouldn't have much trouble playing games. And good, you save a lot of money.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remember this is £ not $. And what games do you want me to get that I could play with you? I have steam also, which will be installed on my new machine after I get it off my bro

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
Remember this is £ not $. And what games do you want me to get that I could play with you? I have steam also, which will be installed on my new machine after I get it off my bro

Yes I remember ^^

And just read my steam profile games. I'm normally seen playing Company of Heroes, and Grand Theft Auto IV. When I get some money for Christmas I'll buy the Crysis series.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe quad-core, don't need to bother asking what games it will be able to run. Only game it may have trouble with is high demanding games like Crysis or GTA4(On max settings that is), no idea about crysis, would guess it would still work though on medium settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: