ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Dumb question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Dumb question Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, first time poster so be gentle!

Love the online play but I'm actually not that good. First off I thought it was my general ability (it could still be) but then I thought to myself what is everyone using to play it with. Are people using a Wii gun or are they using the old style remote control which came with the purchase? I'm using the old style, mainly for nostalgia purpose but when it comes to having to make quick shooting movements I often come off second best so can people please tell me I'm at a huge disadvantage because of the controller I'm using?

Also if anyone has some general ingame tips, ie whats the best mode, weapon, tactics etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh & merry christmas!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Wii gun, because the Nunchuk and the Wii remote W/O any support is so hard D:

Hope this answers your question. [You can buy them at your local store. ]

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by acceptable67 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have the zapper (gun) so I just used the remote and nunchuk separately. Regardless of which you use, you'll be doing a lot better than the guys using any of the other controllers. The remote is second only to mouse + keyboard for FPS games.

CALE
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Wii remote/nunchuck. I think the idea that most players use the Wii zapper is not accurate.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CALE wrote:
I use the Wii remote/nunchuck. I think the idea that most players use the Wii zapper is not accurate.

Guess I scratch that out of my post Razz

Harry
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Dumb question Reply with quote Back to top

This might continue in the same vain (dumb) but what settings do people use? I'm figuring there is no way the vast majority seem to be better then me, so I wonder if I've missed some trick when it comes to setting myself up. Thanks for all your help.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used the experienced 3 sensitivity preset with the default control scheme. I turned ADS assist off too, but I don't think that even applies to the remote.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dumb question Reply with quote Back to top

Harry wrote:

Also if anyone has some general ingame tips, ie whats the best mode, weapon, tactics etc it would be greatly appreciated.

ehmm I hope this is about goldeneye wii and not about goldeneye 64 online otherwise I'll be saying some really dumb stuff...
anyway, for the controller, I use wiimote and nunchuck, used classic controller first but aim is more accurate with wiimote and chuck. i don't really know about zapper, never use it Smile
ingame tips, ehmmm right...
I have one succesful strategy for archives: walk around, till you see somebody, shoot once with a shotgun(hipfire, no ads) next use melee attack next throw grenade. The key is staying calm when you encounter someone and the shotgun shot misses. I once defeated the 'hero' by just melee-attack, walking around him and hitting at the right time Smile
best mode? to gain exp, heroes.
funniest is black box. but that's personal, actually.
good weapons: for real beginners: mp5 I believe it's called sigmus 9 is great and reliable, for beginners, like said before Smile
next, a stauger should be your first choice. It has a massive ammo magazine. next, use the terralite. great weapon with hipfire. when you finally get in the upper classes, the three best ones are anova dp3, strata sv400 and and ehm i believe ivana spec-r. Those are the best STANDARD weapons, all balanced. small maps should be entered with shotguns(masterton is definetely the best), large maps with a sniper(wa 2000 is good, gambit too, there isn't too much difference between them. pavlov sucks) and pistols, yeah, only use them if you want to complete your weapon profiences.
now it's too bad levelling up takes ages and the best weapons are unlocked late in game.
Voila, hope you appreciated Very Happy

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ow sh*t three year old topic Confused

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ehh, it happens ;*)

This has got me wondering what N64 emu support with wii controllers is like. GlovePIE makes it happen, but not sure how the mappings can be set up to simulate the Wii control scheme. It wasn't too bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: