ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suns, Moons & Weather...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, sorry wreck Embarassed

Well, the list elements wise is good still.

The moons a room yet the suns a block? What?

Didnt PD also have stars? (or was that a room too?)

Trev

P.S. that means the only change I made to the list by the way is that I don't think it should snow in BunkerII, but rather a clear stary (if possible) night.

P.S.S. More just to satisfy myself but also for information Ill post the Qwatch times for those interested.
Dam 11:30
Facility 11:53
Runway 13:10

Surface 08:30
Bunker 10:20

Silo 17:20

frigate 14:35

Surface 03:50/15:50 ? what?
Bunker 06:45/18:45 ?
This has to be the latter however Id consider moving these times to later (to fit the sky).

Statue 20:10
Archives 08:25
Streets 09:00
Depot 09:35 / 21:35?
Train 10:17 / 22:17?
(they obviously were using random skies... So Im going to say that depot is 21:35 and streets is moved later)

Jungle 14:15
Control 15:10
Caverns 15:48
Cradel 16:20
(Again more random skies... The times will need to be moved to make more sence - while still being belevable)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The stars are unknown. They aren't a room, and they also aren't part of the sky block. I think they are setup someplace else, and are designated to a level ID. I had started a list before, but I'd have to track it down. There could be four stage ID's that have stars, including the three variations of the dataDyne Building (Lucerne Tower). The Attack Ship also had them.

The Sun is a separate block that is called upon by the sky. It directly links to the sun entry, and you can even use up to three at one time (like Skedar Battle Shrine / WAR!). The moon is an actual room, and is always room number two. This would need to be imported into GoldenEye, other room number ties updated (clipping, portals, visibility), and then converted to PD format. Not too bad, but it may take a few tries to get the positioning figured out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought Id bump because Im guessing the list will need to be altered/updated to account for only 3 weather slots.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very possible. Sub has said that it's totally possible to support more, but it's going to take some serious hacking to pull it off. At this time, we'll probably just have snow in three maps. It should appear in Runway, Surface and Bunker. Not in both versions, only one. It all depends on whether or not it looks better during the day or night. I think I'm leaning towards night, but we'll see.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it would be awsum if you could do something like dynamic weather.
Im not sure what I mean now but maybe...

Hmm, well, snow is only one style whereas rain has 3; light, heavy, lightning.
It would be cool to have the same with snow and then decide on 'sheltered' areas and 'out in the open' areas for the snow. -where sheltered means light snow not none though the effect could still be achived I supose.

Trev

Soopaweirdo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been giving this feature a lot of anticipation. Not bad so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: