ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

hmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone else noticed that when playing perfect dark, on capture the case whenever you have quite a few team mates you have to order them to stand on the case to protect it, yet on the other teams the simulants do this automatically, i find it very annoying when you have to do that order thing to get them to do this, and think it would be better if they would operate the same as the others do, and just do things their own way without any orders. Also EVEN more annoying when your standing still and they copy every single movement you do and you didn't even order them to do that.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bump! Answers would be great

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Play with easier simulants. [Some simulants don't even go for your case at all till about 5 minutes into the game]. You'll have perfect time to get their case Wink

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Bump! Answers would be great"

I asumed you were making a statement, not asking a question...

What is your question?

... I Agree... ?

?

Trev

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, i just find it annoying whenever the simulants on your team have to be ordered about by you on capture the case, they won't do stuff that others do on other teams, like defending the case, unless if you have like every simulant on your team except for one, which your against

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
"Bump! Answers would be great"

I asumed you were making a statement, not asking a question...

CharAznable0 wrote:

has anyone else noticed that when playing perfect dark, on capture the case whenever you have quite a few team mates you have to order them to stand on the case to protect it, yet on the other teams the simulants do this automatically, i find it very annoying when you have to do that order thing to get them to do this, and think it would be better if they would operate the same as the others do, and just do things their own way without any orders
*Gives a reply that helps*

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on Simulant difficulty and type, they'll act differently. I know some will run off as soon as their shield gets low, or if they're running out of ammo. They'll temporarily abort their current command and begin searching for whatever it is they require.

The computer controlled team is still assigning commands, but they do it seamlessly and perfectly. That's what makes them so much more efficient.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cheers for your reply wreck

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can't really with the "They do it perfectly". Razz
I've given countless game specific order to sims over years without success, the only really effective command is when I tell them to attack a specific target... :/

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha lol you can even tell them to attack a sim on your team, and so forth

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this same gripe. Without giving your simulant teammates orders, it has been my observation that they will treat the match as regular combat. But, the scenario is not regular combat! pff, dumb crap simulant.

It also sucks that you must use real game time to give orders to your simulant(s). I often play Challenge 30, and I usually don't have time at the get-go to give orders. The commuting time to and from hills in the large Skedar level and the constant battling with the two Darksims makes it hard to find time to give the initial orders of "Hold Hill." What would be best would be to make the order giving menu available in the pause menu screen. Having the order menu available when the game is not in real time would also heighten the possibility correctly choosing the order the first time. Due to the time constraint of the real time order giving, there have a handful of times when I accidentally selected "Hold" and not "Hold Hill." Those two orders are very different from one another and are at opposite ends of the spectrum of usefulness. (I find the order of "Hold" to be pretty much useless all together.) Due to the fear of being wrong about my order giving, I usually must check the order giving screen after giving the order to be sure I selected the right order.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, its annoying to when you have to give the friendly simulants orders in real game time, which would be nerve racking if you really wanted to complete that difficult challenge you were talking about. If I get into this editor stuff there might be a way to fix this, by making the simulants work properly to the orders you give them. You also need to look out for the simulant type, for e.g shield sim, I haven't experienced this but maybe if you tell it to defend the case its shield might be down and wonder off somewhere else first before it goes to protect the case. And yes they act like its just regular combat, well most of the time, which is a real pain if you have only case captures scoring points and not kills.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having the orders in the pause menu would be nice in a one-player match, but it would act similarly to the way it is already setup in a multiplayer game. Unless you actually choose to "pause" the gameplay from the menu, all other players and Simulants continue running about. But pausing gameplay and forcing other players to wait while you adjust the commands would get really annoying. I guess it's just one of those things you have to deal with, even if it means you may wind up getting yourself killed the odd time.

And I didn't mean that the Sims on your own team carry out their orders perfectly, but the ones of the computer controlled team certainly do a good job of it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: