ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Ported Props Mishandling Discovered...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Ported Props Mishandling Discovered... Reply with quote Back to top

I picked up on something that seemed to be happening with certain props, such as the wooden crates and wooden table, while playing around just recently. When you destroy them, instead of going dark, they went light. That's when I remembered seeing that PD's props almost always had an unused RGB entry at the start of the list. It's '000000FF', which is pure black. So, I decided to try adding that and updating the offsets to the two wooden objects, and it corrected the issue. They now get darkened after being broken. Here is a comparison shot showing you just what I'm talking about...

I'm glad to have caught this before more stuff had been ported or released publicly, but it also means that I'm going to have to go over almost all of the ports and update them. Not exactly what I call fun... Razz

There's still some important pieces of information that I haven't gotten a handle on. What type of explosion occurs from the prop, and how it's able to distort. That isn't setup in the model file. It's documented better in GE at this time, but so was everything else before this project started.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

huh! i always thought that was an emulator issue, great find wreck it looks 10x better now.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will offer my views on the flare of the mouth. once I was using GS codes, put the image on the slot Phantom Reaper image, what happened was that the animation was replaced by the flash of the mouth of Phantom of the flare of the mouth Reaper, this was green and now seemed well placed shot muzzle exit.
well be wondering what I mean by this? simply that you can use GS codes and test new weapons in new slots instead of deciding whether to remove the flares from the top by the fact of causing problems, maybe there is a possibility that the change slot and DK5 PP7 not have to be removed animations.
well I hope this gives you a new point of view and everything goes well.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad we found it! Now we know why that was there. I don't think it will be too bad to fix but a pain (lots of pointer increases by 4 and retest)

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...???
Saturn I think your in the wrong thread...

Persides, whats with you and the reaper and phantom?

Trev

P.S. On topic, It would have been better if it had defaulted to black. But then you would have never found out that this means something could blow up to a green goo or blue paint or something.

Hmm, actualy looking at the picture I cant see the use of any other colour apart from black.
Its not as if its altering the 'scorch' mark is it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It must use the very first entry in the RGB list by default, which would make almost every object react differently. Some may get lighter, some darker, and others may even get tinted a specific colour tone. It would have been nice if this was handled automatically, but at least I now know how it's done.

It's not terrible updating the files, but some of them can get a little more tricky. Many are as simple as changing the first RGB in the original vertices file, converting it to PD format, updating the first RGB ID to second one, replacing vertices in my previous GE:X model file, and updating offsets / RGB related info. Others require more work, since the RGB isn't shared often, and has tons of different values in a row. I can still do them, it just takes more time and double-checking. I've updated about a third of the props thus far.

Regarding the Phantom: I've spent some time with this, as well as other gun ports from earlier releases, trying to fix them up. I believe I have fixed the problem with mirrored weapons, though I'd really like to have them tested on a backup device to be sure. I also did adjust the muzzle flare, and it looks much better.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any simple tool I could write that would help?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate the offer, but I'm making pretty good progress. I'm about 2/3's through the list, and a nice chunk of those should be pretty simple. For the ones that I can't just update the original vertices and change format, I go in and add +4 to all of the RGB ID's manually. Takes a little time, especially for larger models, but it gets the job done.

Edit: Hehe, because some are going to be quite troublesome, I have decided to take you up on that offer. I've PM'd you with the information, as well as an example to use.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a backup device if you want me to test your weapon ports?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor certainly regret the confusion I'm wrong thread. I wanted to put that in another thread, in the arms and DK5 PP7

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I should be all caught up with these updates. There are only a few ports that need to be fixed, but they don't even have all of their necessary textures in the GE:X ROM, yet. Hopefully I won't find any more surprises in the future that require me to go through all of this again. The tool Sub created helped a lot with the more complex models, so big thanks again to him.

00action: I'll probably take you up on that. Once I get a newer ROM all good and ready, I'll be sure to shoot you over a new patch to test out, and to use for current / upcoming projects.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love your ettention to detail, theres not many people out there that could be bothered going through all those objects again, nice work.

Testing weapons on backup device: sounds good looking forward to seeing them.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol im the same way.

I have to make sher that my levels work 100% or im not releasting them lol.

But glad you sall this bug Wreck so thumb up! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: