ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

64Drive -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: 64Drive - Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone any new information about the 64Drive, the N64 cartridge that can load any game image file from an SD card? It's at:

http://emuconsoleexploitnews.blogspot.com/2010/09/64drive-work-in-progress.html

http://emuconsoleexploitnews.blogspot.com/2010/12/64drive-nearing-completion.html

but I can't find any information about purchasing one. Am I right in thinking that (if it is finished and available) then I'll be able to use it to play all of the mods and stuff for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on an N64, as at the moment I'm limited to what will work with GE's and PD's cartridges (i.e. that only alter the RAM data), whereas the more comprehensive hacks can only work with image files as they alter the game itself?

It'd be great to have multiple vesions of GE and PD stored on one card, each with different mods, and each file named accordingly.

I hope the 64Drive is not too expensive, and works with PAL N64s.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's not finished yet.
I'm in contact with the guy that makes it and will inform when it's out and explain all the specs.

With respect to booting it in PAL console... It's a complex matter.
Booting it depends on having a compatible CIC boot chip.
The maker lives in NTSC land so he's plans to ship it with an NTSC chip taken out of a cartridge, but you could ask for PAL, ship him a PAL cart and or just buy it without a CIC and install it yourself taking it out from a game cart.

Last edited by radorn on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This would be good if not already in the N64 flashcarts roundup thread as its like a index of such devices Smile

Still, SD cards? so this is simelar to the CF one (forgot name) hmm, interesting. SD cards are easyer to get a hold of, at least I think so.

Trev

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is in fact the CF cart I mentioned in the roundup thread.
I just have been lazy on updating it since my computer mess makes everything an unbearable chore.
I added updates as normal posts instead of updating the "official" profiles though.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am very intrigued by this, I can't wait until it's released

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm, there is more than one type of CIC chip, and even between japanese and american chips there's at least one difference. Would you be expected to swap or hack bootstraps, because if so I've heard rumour some games just won't handle that. (there was a tool back then...)

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the idea is using a X105 CIC and boot emulation.
supossedly, the X105 is the only with extra security, while the others just have a different seed for chechsumming at boot, so you can convince games signed for the other CICs into booting and not have a problem.
for a number of X105 games you need the real thing though, hence the preference for it.
the cart can be set to use a 6102/7101 too, but that would leave you unable to use certaing X105 games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: