ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Weapons] Silenced PP7 & D5K - Jan 6th, 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: [Weapons] Silenced PP7 & D5K - Jan 6th, 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to work on weapons today, and chose the two that had been sitting on my to-do list the longest. The props were easier, so I took care of them first. For the gun models, I was able to locate and extract the silencers, reformat their data, shift their positions, and replicate the originals. I'm still going to have to move the muzzle flares to the tip of the silencers, and fix an issue with the mirrored D5K, but other than that, these puppies are ready to rock. (I know the silencers on the props seem kind of gray, but they actually match GoldenEye.)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

really nicely done.
What's next, silencers on shotguns? nah just kidding xD

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very impressive - looks just like the original!

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They look so cool! i realy like how this mod is coming together, very impresive work. Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, pretty cool wreck.

I have no complaints Razz , but one question

Mirrored weapons; are the ejectors mirrored too? (spent cases)
I hope not (though some may complain of the empities getting in the way of their target...)

Trev

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Technically, you could add a silencer onto any pistol or submachine gun. If you look closely at the PP7 prop, you can clearly see that the silencer isn't even attached to the barrel. It's just kind of next to it, only touching the upper tip. The D5K fits on a little better, but only because of the way the barrel comes out from the body a bit, and is also straight, as opposed to on an angle. With some adjusting, you could add a silencer onto a DD44 or ZMG. It's more work with the gun model, but nowhere near impossible - as can be seen by these two ports.

I'm not sure if the spent ammo cases are mirrored. If they are on the original DMC's in PD, than they probably would be here, too. I'd imagine they might be, since the ejected rounds could get into your line of sight otherwise. There's still quite a bit that is unknown when it comes to weapons in PD, so these ports won't be perfect for a while.

By the way, I'm not a huge gun buff or anything, but does it make sense for a silenced weapon to have a muzzle flash? The Sniper Rifle does not, but the PP7 and D5K do. Is that appropriate, or did Rare just not handle them correctly?

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I personaly from personal experiance say no.

A Silencer/Moderator is an expansion chanber so the flash would mostly be contained.

Persides, the PPK is 9mm (though the other version is quoted in the film, 7.65mm short), not a very big Cartrige compared to the 7.62mm (almost twice as long) so there isnt nearly as much propellant to cause a big flash.

Couple that with the expansion chamber and unless Ive missed something this equals no flash.

The only problem I have with Games and films is they tend to think 'anything' can be 'silenced'...
If a projectile is traveling > MK1 then 'it' WILL crack - Always.

^This by the way is a crack at the sniper rifle.

Trev

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The muzzle flashes being left on were probably an oversight, but not as big of one as the tracers. Who in their right mind would use tracer rounds when they're trying to be stealthy?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though it may not be accurate to the original, would it be better to remove the muzzle flare from the Silenced PP7 and D5K in GE:X? The silenced weapons in PD, such as Silenced Falcon 2 and Sniper Rifle, don't have them. Perhaps this could add more realism to these weapons?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also just fixed the issue that was happening with the mirrored D5K. The silencer was being drawn inside out, so it looked really strange. However, I don't know if this is just emulation related or not. Even the KF7 Soviet, direct from PD, does the same thing using Jabo's plugin. When I switched to Glide Napalm through PJ64, the KF7 was just fine. My original D5K port was alright, too. I may need someone with a backup device to try out two separate patches and see which one works properly.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

Good point about tracers.

Another point to tracers is their cause of inacuriacies due to the stuff being burned away therefore making the bullet lighter as it travels.

Tracers are normaly (I hope Im not wrong) only used in automatics because of their use as an 'area' weapon.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried adjusting the position of the muzzle flash for the silenced PP7, but it was giving really wacky results. So, I looked up some suppressed weapons being fired on YouTube. None of them seemed to have any flash, just like the silenced Falcon 2 and Sniper Rifle in PD. At least until I can figure out this whole deal, I've disabled the muzzle flash for these two guns.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well as I said earlyer, it makes sence for silenced weapons not to have a flare. So just leave it with none Smile

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: