ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Egyptian Complex...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Egyptian Complex... Reply with quote Back to top

I've been looking into the background data of the Complex today, trying to figure out how it works. Though I haven't touched the actual geometry yet, I have tried fiddling around with the textures. Maps are split up into many different sections, each one containing an architecture file and up to two image files. They determine which textures are to be used and where they'll be positioned in that specific model. It's a bit confusing, but I believe it works off of points in the model itself. I'll continue to study it further. For now, I thought I'd share with you a few screenshots I took using Project64.

The Egyptian Complex (in progress)

Results of a test

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Friggin Awesome. Just changing the textures can make a level look completley different. Im guessing you found a reference to the texture and changed it? Very Cool, looks like you changed that entire room. The test pics look strange, yet cool.

I forget now, is the archecture block clipping? It would make sense the background data for the rooms go in points to match most of the clipping. Obviosly, you can change the image dimensions (im looking at those test pics) without the archecture file. Knowing what you are modifying would be pretty hard without a a very in-depth knowledge of the point coordinates, or a custom model editing tool that could tell you which smaller block each flat texture is a part of. (Which doesn't exist yet)

Those regular stage textures were not in the ROM Image Editor, were they? I wonder if there is any beta textures.

Anyway Very Cool mod.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when you figure out more ...I want to learn!!!!

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone really done anything with the geometry of any levels yet? I doubt it myself. Probly replacing and changing the textures is about the farthest anyone has gone.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: