ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to setup Mupen64K and or PJ64 on Windows 7. Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: How to setup Mupen64K and or PJ64 on Windows 7. Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I haven't done this yet. Just got Windows 7 and I'm a bit lazy to look around for resources. I'm going to lineout my netbook to HDTV so I'm excited to give this a try. I just can't recall if there are issues with Win 7 and emulation, codes, controllers, etc. Anyone dealing with Win 7 and emu's please advise, I greatly appreciate it!!

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems with emulation on Win7.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, you won't run into any issues at all. The only thing, if you leave UAC on (you probably should), programs won't write to a folder in Program Files unless you're running it with admin privileges (not the same as an admin account). They'll stick it in a virtual folder you can access by clicking "compatibility files" in the actual folder. That makes it so each user on the computer has their own configurations and stuff like that, but it's something to be aware of because it throws a lot of people off.

Alternately, you can just not install Project64 or whatever else to Program Files, and they'll behave the same as always by default.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. Smile

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys! Not sure why this took me so long to try. I'm so juiced about this on my 42" HDTV. I'm curious in a big way. I'll take some pics etc most likely and post a story about it. Need to see if my usb hub will work. 4 player via emulation with the wicked new maps etc.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy cow long time no see GE Master.

Man to bad i got such a old computer that cant run mupen 64 for nonthing.

If it cud run well i wud love to play online with you lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: