ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]Air Base fullzone (Including whole AF1 hangar)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]Air Base fullzone (Including whole AF1 hangar) Reply with quote Back to top

I'm finally finished catching up with my multiplayer levels. Air Base CS is out now and you can ride hoverbikes around the whole Air Force One hangar, although it still remains very large and very empty. This should make a perfect place for racing, sniping, and dying when playing against DarkSims carrying scoped weapons. Razz The level is pretty big like Area 51 fullzone. I believe there are enough weapons that are not too sparsely placed. I tried to balance it out. There's 10 hills for King of the Hill and just the usual four bases for Capture the Case mode. SubDrag told me this was his favorite level so I hope he likes it. Ready to be posted up on GoldenEye/Perfect Dark Vault, I believe.

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=209

Still can't take screenshots because I need to use a different web hosting service. Anyone got a suggestion?

Also, the pitch black portion of the AF1 hangar had absolutely no path sets so I added a few. I only added enough for the purpose of simulants traveling back and forth between two bases. It's funny to watch them fight. One will start unloading SuperDragon grenades from the very beginning of the hangar clear to the back end on simulants trying to leave the base respawn to go get the opposing team. I placed a hoverbike back there in that lonely dark corner. There's two hoverbikes in front of the plane ready to be taken off those little ramps into the darkness. Maybe I'll rig the whole hangar full of path sets, but it's very large and tedious and I just wanted to get this ROM patch out. Most of the left side has no purpose other than players traveling around because simulants can't. They don't go anywhere else except straight on the only path set line anyway because there's only one weapon placed near the back corner and there's like four more weapons placed coveniently in front of AF1 in those areas. So even if I did do the whole hangar for paths sets, simulants most likely wouldn't care about going out there unless I placed something more important or even more weapons and ammo in the dark abyss.

There you go!

Peace out,
00Dark Cool Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty cool level. The sims seem to be confused by the hoverbikes, almost like they can't shoot around them and just keep shooting to hit through them.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now I'm working on Air Force One multiplayer. It should be out shortly.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also going to try redoing path set networks for a few of my levels in order to fix the simulants trouble with moving and travelling in some places. In G5 Building and Chicago, I know they get stuck in certain areas. These arenas weren't meant for multiplayer so the path preset webs maybe aren't adequate. That's my hunch. In the meantime I'll do AF1 Multiplayer too though.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also think I'm going to call this one a release candidate because I liked having the Air Force One laser grids better than this. It's nice to see how this turns out, but for my official "All Solo Mission Arenas in Multiplayer" ROM patch, it's probably not going to include the entire AF1 hangar at all. I know that for my official patch I'm going to have the most recent dataDyne Research map I made just be how it is and not go past the laser grid barrier. For some reason it's cool to keep the laser grids and it's more useful for blocking off levels too.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi 00Dark.

I had a little suggestion for the map. I will also comment about the hangar as you are rethinking it.

In front of the Air Force One there's an elevator that leads to a little room (I think is level 3) with a shield in it and a glass from where you can see the hangar: http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PDAirBasesuggestion.jpg?t=1305133257. I think it would be cool to be able to drop from that place to the hangar by breaking the glass.

About the hangar. The hangar is huge and because it leads nowhere it's not likely to be walked through. Having the bikes to shorten distances was a good idea, but as you can't ride the bikes all over the level, that solution just doesn't fit.
Making that area not walkable and leaving the lasers as a special effect is one way to do it. You should add some visual barriers to separate what can be walked on and what not. Something like this:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PDAirBasesuggestion2.jpg?t=1305134737
Other thing you can do is just reduce the space of the hangar you can walk by editing the clipping. Without lasers so the players can move freely and hide behind undercarriage. You don't even have to add a visual barrier as there are other objects limiting the space. Something like this.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PerfectDarkediting3.jpg?t=1305134690

Your maps are amazing. Keep it up!

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dropping from that little room with the shield by breaking the glass can be easily accomplished by editing clipping; I'll have to do that! The second thing about keeping the empty hangar inaccessible by leaving the laser grids is what I was immediately planning on doing. I like having laser grid barriers in my levels because they look cool. I left them in G5 Building (Solo) CS and dataDyne Research CS. If the hangar isn't accessible then I'll probably delete the hoverbikes because they won't be needed. I can make a path set network for the entire empty hangar, but like you said it would probably end up being useless. Thanks for the feedback! Smile

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated! Cool http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KO4746IC I promise I won't annoyingly update it constantly. Please update GoldenEye Vault's file too.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated on vault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: