ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need answer if it is possible(interesting testing part)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Need answer if it is possible(interesting testing part) Reply with quote Back to top

Error: Compressed file is 0x1548 bytes, and must be less tahn 0x1540 bytes.

If I modify maians SOS level and just put a skedar with a mauler the other side of the glass.

Tried compress and decompress in tools but nothing. Byteflip to Rom.

The real rom with the modified or the modified and the real after. Nothing.

It takes more data I know.

When I edit a level, I do not see the objectives and briefing and the level does not load.

Again the level does not load like my first post but it is in Perfect Dark.

Ok deleted the skedar and put a technician area 51 guard instead.

I always see in the editor: Critical Error: Lost device g_pd3de...trying to recover. Editor crashes but finish to work.

Is it the two files goldeneye vault said to erase about d3dx9d_31.dll?

It does not affect the editor even though it is there or not.

I have directX11

I guess there is something I do not set correctly that makes a loading error like the stupid goldeneye. I am gonna take another look to the bug list.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Need answer if it is possible(interesting testing part) Reply with quote Back to top

jim102 wrote:

If I modify maians SOS level and just put a skedar with a mauler the other side of the glass.

When I edit a level, I do not see the objectives and briefing and the level does not load.

I always see in the editor: Critical Error: Lost device g_pd3de...trying to recover. Editor crashes but finish to work.

I have directX11

I guess there is something I do not set correctly that makes a loading error like the stupid goldeneye. I am gonna take another look to the bug list.

mr jimsta?

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In order for modified levels to be written into the ROM, you need to use Quick Inject (F7) most of the time for PD. The Perfect Dark Setup Editor works, but it's different than the GoldenEye one. I always get that same critical error. It has to do with DirectX 11 because the editor was apparently designed only for DiirectX 9.0c. I have to use an emulated Windows XP operating system to edit PD on my Windows 7 PC. If your PD editor is working fine then it's not DLL files because that error has to do with DirectX 11 usage. I hope I've helped you. I'd love to see more people get into PD and use the editor more often because I'm almost the only one who's made anything. I mean I've submitted the most PD files on GoldenEye Vault so far and I'm trying to keep PD alive.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the editor worked fine even though i have this error. I need to use quick inject to get my level working? So the level will load and I will be supposed to see what i have added before?

Notice the last time I used Quick inject the editor made me many many files and I put them into a folder for the appropriate level.

What would I do with those files? Maybe it is the file of the rom!

I noticed another thing nobody answered...

It is easy to create a new modified level either in perfect dark, when I open the emulator with the rom, I select my level and not far from the beginning, I do not see the objectives but I set them before and finally, the level does not load maybe for that problem.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you hit F7, it takes your quick ROM for PD, adds a .rom extension and that's your new ROM. Test it in PJ64.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need answer if it is possible(interesting testing part) Reply with quote Back to top

jayloonar wrote:
jim102 wrote:

I have directX11

mr jimsta?

MrJimsta doesn't mod.. I love that guy though. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: