ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Complex - Oct 5th, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had thought the same thing, and it makes perfect sense. I believe I had even tried it in Egyptian, but the game froze on me. Now, whether or not that had to do with the way the Editor was mishandling the sets, I don't know. It might be worth another look. Checking out the drops in PD's maps, they seem to connect both ways. The GE Temple seems to be fine, and that's how those are setup. It might be some weird pad flag issue that I haven't determined. We'll need to keep playing around with it and see what happens. The ramps are another big puzzler, as the Sims get confused when trying to run up them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know what address the sets information is at in the complex setup file, il open it up in hex editor and compare it to the sets txt that the editor writes out.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The AI Path Network is actually stored inside of the Pads file for PD. I can't remember which offset in the header directs to it, though. I think there are two. One that lists all of the Pads used within the network, and another that goes to the sets. You should be able to pick it out when browsing through it, especially if you have the exported sets text file open for comparison.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning the Drops ive been having a look at this file
in a hex editor:

bg_complexmulti_pads.bin (perfect darks version)

Ive been looking at the drop through the little hole between
the to ramps, specificly the 3 presets 87, 66 & 67.

Ive found what i think to be flags.

At address 1958 is the data for preset 87 and its conections
to the other presets, look at its conection to preset 66 (wich
is 14 in this file) there is a digit 80 before it, i think
this is a flag.

The other presets look ths same, like this:

From the floor up through the hole the presets go in this order
87 66 67

with the flags its like this:
87 8066 8067

Down through the hole to the floor:
67 66 87

with flags:
67 4066 4087

To me it looks like the 80 provents you from going up a drop
and the 40 alows you down.

Here are the addresses to the flags:

87 to 66 - 195A
66 to 67 - 1782
67 to 66 - 1792
66 to 87 - 1786

Ive had a play around but alls i got was crashing, i just
wanted to post what i found incase it was inportant.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the information. I'll have to go over this stuff when I get back home. I know there are some other things I want to start working on, but I'd really like to get the Complex fixed up first. If I can get the Simulants navigating the stage properly, and add more clipping to the ramp ceilings, I can release an update to the second patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning the ramp clipping issue TH126 found:

I tried adding wall clipping to the ceilings above the ramps, but it ended up causing more problems. I either couldn't get onto the ramp, or I'd simply drop through it at about halfway up / down. Looking at PD's Complex, they didn't have clipping there, either. So, I devised another way that should prevent players from floating through the ceiling and falling out of the playing boundaries. The wall clipping has been made taller, which will keep people inside. I can't replicate his results even on the 2a Patch map, so I don't know if this removes the possibility of this happening again. All of the ramps with ceilings have been adjusted, so let's hope everything is good.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think i had turbo mode (fast movement) on while doing it, therefore creating more momentum. But it seems that making it taller would fix the problem.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "Fast Movement" play option? Hmm, I haven't tried it with that. I'll be sure to give it a quick look before shutting this down for the night.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot I had taken this...

I found it terribly hilarious. Laughing

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Helo Szenior Bond ¿Quereithzh Quethzho ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally figured out how to get this map playing on console! It was a silly little problem regarding the portals, which misaligned some data. Not sure how it didn't destroy emulation, but I guess we often get lucky with that. It's all better now, and each of the currently tested maps are confirmed as working. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took some time today to try and work out some of the kinks in this level. I completely redid the wall clipping, as I feared there may be some erroneous tiles lurking. There were at least two that I did find, and didn't want to go through the entire map searching for more. I also exported the AI Path Network sets data from PD and updated them properly for GE. A few of the pads needed altering, since the Perfect Dark version of the stage used more railings. My current results are far better than the Complex playable in Patch 3a. There are still some issues (some old, some new) which I hope to figure out. I don't know if it'll ever be perfect, but it's getting much closer.

I also think I may have fixed the glitch where you can fall out of the map if strafing too fast down the steep hallway outside the V-shaped section. However, since I can't actually replicate the glitch myself, I can't say for sure whether or not my update has done the job. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: