ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Control Simulants Health Percentage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Control Simulants Health Percentage Reply with quote Back to top

I've just found the following text on a page at ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198275-perfect-dark/54367466 ), which I'd read at the time, but forgotten about since. It details how the health setting for your player controlled character in PD's multiplayer controls the health of Shield Sims and Turtle Sims, which I didn't know until I read this. All credit to MarvinGardens for this, I'm just copying and pasting what he wrote.

Everything that follows is from the URL I mention above, and I copy it here in case Gamefaqs purge the page, as they do from time to time.

Looooong read and may be confusing as hell, so if you don't want all the particulars...

The main idea is you can control the health percentage the sims have by setting up your own handicap and playing against shieldsims/turtlesims. Your handicap affects the health of "shielded" enemies. Yes, including human opponents.
Higher player handicaps = higher enemy shield strength. Intrigued? Read on...

I'm not the first one to figure this out, but I totally forgot about it 'til just recently. That means it's not common knowledge.

So, I was playing an old scenario. It was 1 on 1 against a darksim. King of the Hill. Weapons were normal enough and a shield in the set. I make it to the hill and start watching the timer count down. Oh, and did I mention the match called for a 500% handicap?
So when the darksim charged onto the hill, I had a shotgun set to double blast. But it took waaay more hits than usual to burn through the shield he had on.

I thought about it for awhile and now I've checked it. The strength of a "shield" when sims or players are equipped with one is completely dependant on what you have your "handicap" set to. And your handicap only affects the sims if they have a shield on.
No shield = 100% health for the sims. No matter what you're handicap is.

Unless it's a shieldsim. They of course, spawn with a shield and are therefore affected by your player handicap. Same with turtlesims. And their shield power is four times as much as a shieldsim.
Also, this is not affected by difficulty setting. Meatsim or Darksim, they share in shield strengths equally.

So, yeah, sims in the arena with a shield on will take 10 times as many hits to burn through their shield if your handicap is set to 1000% than if it is set to 100%.

If several humans are playing together and they have their handicaps set differently, that's the case for them too. For example, say there's 2 players and a shieldsim. Player 1 is using 100% health. He can burn through shieldsims shield in 3 shotgun blasts.
Player 2 in the same match has a handicap of 1000%. It will take 23 shotgun blasts for him to burn through the same shield player 1 went thru in 3 shots.

Likewise, if a player sets their handicap to 50% or lower, they could burn thru a shield in 1 hit. That explains how one hit kills is two hit kills if they have a shield. One hit to burn thru the shield and one to take out their life bar.
And again, with human players, your handicap affects how strong their shield is to your weapons. But their handicap still affects how strong their health meter is to your weapons.

And 2 people can be playing without sims. Player 1 has 500% health and player 2 has 100% health. It'll take 12 shotgun blasts for player 1 to get through player 2's shield. But only 2 or 3 shots for player 2 to tear thru player 1's shield.
High handicap raises your health, but it also raises the amount of hits it takes you to bust thru anyone else's shield. Though you can still take down their health meter normally based on whatever their handicap is.

THIS IS INSANE! You could have 2 players in a match against a turtlesim. Player 1 has a 10% handicap. Player 2 has a 1000% handicap. It'll take player 2 --NINETY-- shotgun blasts to burn off the turtlesims shield, while player 1 can tear thru it in --ONE-- shot!

So by giving yourself a high handicap, you may be gaining a lot on your health meter, but you're also setting yourself up to have to fire that many more bullets to take shielded enemies down. Since their health equals yours.

I tried using one hit kill weapons against shields. Against shieldsim, all the one hit kill weapons break a shield in indeed, one hit. No matter what your handicap is.
But if your handicap is 1000%, against turtlesim, only the farsight and the dy357lx wasted a shield in one hit. The crossbow and the tranquilizer's secondary mode took 4 shots to take down turtlesims shield.
Though if at 100%, one hit kill weapons will destroy his shield in one hit.

I also checked the "Jo Shield" and "Super Shield" cheats. They only equip you with a shield each time you spawn. That shields strength is then determined by others handicaps, for how strong it will appear to them based on "their" handicap setting.

I think most people always just thought "handicap" only gave you an increase in health, nothing more. That's not the case.

--So here's the main deal of this post--
If you use shieldsims in a match, you have absolute control over how much health they have. 110% - 1100%.
Enemy health slider controls for the simulants in multiplayer.

110% health = your handicap set on 10%. You'll be able to bust thru their shield in one hit. 10% damage to them. Then the additional 100% of their health bar.
1100% health = your handicap set on 1000%. It'll take you that thousand percent damage to their shield before their health meter is vulnerable and it of course is 100%.
So yes, you can set the shieldsims health at all points in between 110% and 1100%.

Also, if you use turtlesims in the match, their health is again, 4 times greater than shieldsims. Their health can be toggled from 140% - 4100%.

140% health = your handicap set to 10%. You can break their shield in a couple of hits. 40% damage to them. Then the additional 100% off their health bar.
4100% health = your handicap set to 1000%. It'll take you four thousand percent damage to their shield before the health meter is vulnerable, then of course that's an additional 100%.

I set up a shieldsim on my team. Had him "hold" position, and shot into his shield with a falcon 2. With my handicap set at 1000% it took 82 bullets to drain his shield.
Then I set up a turtlesim the same way. It took 320 bullets to burn his shield.
I also set up a normalsim with no shield and shot him with the falcon2. It took 8 bullets to kill him.
Then I set up a turtlesim and put my handicap to 10%. It took 4 falcon2 bullets to burn thru his shield.
And still yet, I set up a shieldsim with my handicap at 50%. It took 4 falcon2 bullets to break his shield.

Then I set up two more players. P1 had 25% and P2 had 75%.
It took P1 2 or 3 falcon2 shots to break thru a shield, then 6 or 7 shots to take out P2's health bar.
Then it took P2 6 or 7 falcon2 shots to break thru a shield, then 2 or 3 shots to take out P1's health bar.
A shot from a falcon2 into a shield does 12% damage.

And just for reference, I shot into another players shield when I had a 100% handicap and it took 8 bullets from the falcon 2 to take it out. So, default shields gives you 100% more health in addition to your 100% health meter.
So, if 8 falcon2 bullets = 100% damage dealt, then 8 bullets into the 320 bullets for turtlesims shield=40. 40 times 100% health is 4000% health.
Also, by setting up one hit kills, that would give shieldsim 20% health. 10% for the shield and 10% for the life bar. And one hit kills takes out a shield in one hit no matter who's wearing it and no matter what your handicap is.

Effectively, 4 humans can be playing against shieldsims and turtlesims and each player has a different handicap. So, each player experiences the sims having a different amount of total health based on what they set own their handicap to.

I wonder if Rare intended this all along? I mean, there's a shield in EVERY weapon preset. I would imagine a lot of people just use presets. The health adjuster is entitled, "handicap."
That could also refer to making the match harder for you, by requiring you to fire up to 10 times as much ammo to take somebody out. It may not just apply to making the match easier for you by giving you a ton more health.

The way you have control over enemies health in perfect dark mode for the solo campaign and in 007 mode for Goldeneye...this is how you can have control over what the sims health is in the combat simulator. Even though all shieldsims in the match will share
the same health percentage and turtlesims will themselves share their own percentage that's 4 times greater. And all other normalsims with personalities will maintain 100% health if there's no shields in the map for them to pick up.

This reminds me of TimeSplitters 2. You could empty entire clips from the plasma autorifle into somebody and they're still alive...dammit! Then it overheats...
Playing this handicap/shield combination definitely feels like TS2. 250 bullets from double CMP's to take somebody down...not that that's a good thing...

So, yes, the handicap bar not only sets the amount on your health meter, it equals the percentage of health anyone with a shield has, when you go to attack them.

One last thing, if you're shielded, that gives you double your handicap against the sims. Your handicap relates to how strong your shield will appear to the sims when they attack you.

Okay, okay, I understand that even though you can play against sims that have anywhere between 10%-4100% health this way, your health is raised along with theirs. Effectively making EVERYTHING just take a hell of a lot more bullets to take down...
But at least you CAN control sim health this way, if nothing else.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, Ii do think its a glitch though.

Surly that means that if 2 people took = shots at each other they would both die at the same time no matter what handicap...?

If it is a glitch I hope it can be fixed.

Trev

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extremely interesting read I must say!

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I noticed this one time! I had low handicaps on and had shield sims and noticed that their shields were weak...

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

must be a glitch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: