ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

'Activision Registers New GoldenEye Domains'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so, it's wii's goldeneye remastered...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only real positive (for Activision and hardcore gamers) is that there's a much bigger FPS scene on both PS3 and 360, so perhaps it'll reach a broader audience. The higher quality graphics is just a plus for these systems, while the online multiplayer experience will be where all the meat is.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I might give it a try. It'll be a rental like the Wii version was, but I've actually been giving some serious thought to picking up the Wii version. I genuinely thought it was a good game.

Unfortunately it looks like, despite improving the graphics, that they haven't done anything about the lighting. That was the worst part of the original. I'm hoping they allow you to play all of the difficulties in Classic mode, since 007 was more brutal than the original ever was on 00 Agent.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
jayloonar wrote:

i hate them, and will never buy a game from them ever again

Ollllo here:

The best kind of Ban is the kind where you still get to judge their products without paying them a freaking cent -

its has been 11 years and only a few games have merited for me to give them a profit, for all the other junk borrowing or buying used and trading is enough -

Oldyz is on vancation - that blue clown painting of his seems to move its eyes

i had an illegal copy of GE Wii and broke it XD it doesnt deserve to be in my house

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just seen the trailer:

"This fall... a legend is back"

For one moment, I thought that THE original was going to be released - of course, I was SO wrong! Rolling Eyes

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still dont get why they releast this one year later then relesting it the same day as the wii debut.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the xbox and ps3 guys will buy this expecting it to be like the original, but since all of them play cod 24/7 they'll be like WHAT THE HECK?!?!? its the same thing as cod, and thats the entire fan base of the game

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is OllllollllO:

EternallyAries wrote:
I still dont get why they releast this one year later then relesting it the same day as the wii debut.

Mooney moonney money- Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooney

BRIGHT SIDE?

Well the bright side is that IF there is PC version eventually - Maybe with some hacking it might be made to work more like the N64version

2 - Textures , sounds Can be used for the GE X project since PC versions are theoretically easier to rip than the console versions

3 - It seems that once all the Hoopla about the reloaded version wears out GE007 64 might FINALLY be released just in time for a 2012 15th anniversary sort of deal -
Very clever if that happens.

Alas, if only there was a way to complete the GE X Project faster & spread it like wildfire before the Old ROM makes its official re-appearance

Oldyz is on vancation - There is a shining Knob in his house - what is it trying to tell me.....

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say this for everyone involved in the GE:X project, but I'd rather not use anything from Activision's version. No sound effects, no voice overs, no textures, no nothing. The main draw of GoldenEye: X is that it still looks, sounds and plays like the original, but features various enhancements that - at the very least - brings it up to Perfect Dark's standards (which for the year 2000 were quite good). Any voice overs will be completely new, and won't be comparable to anything else. I, personally, think this is the best way to go.

And yes, since Nintendo already cashed in nicely off of the GoldenEye name, Activision appears to be free to release it on other consoles. I actually think this might be a good first step in getting the original sorted out, but I'm still not holding my breath.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/goldeneye-reloaded-brings-hd-visuals-16-players-to-ps3-and-360-20110722/

This article has a worrying part to it:
"The online mode is said to include new maps, weapons, characters and game modes, including some taken from the Nintendo 64 classic."

Great.
Sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Odds are that they'll be very loosely based on certain multiplayer levels from the N64 original. First of all, they don't have the rights to recreate any of them. They may have a similar "look", but will sport a different layout style (though Facility may somehow be fairly accurate, seeing as one was done for Quantum of Solace). And secondly, just look at what they did to Facility and Archives in both the mission campaign and multi. We'll just have to wait and see what Activision does with these maps, if it is indeed levels that they are referring to.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still cower in fear after seeing the Perfect Dark XBox's "remake" of the GE levels.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I still cower in fear after seeing the Perfect Dark XBox's "remake" of the GE levels.

Whats wrong with that? those levels were in Perfect Dark on the N64

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im pretty sure sub is referring to the PDZ facility remake? That was crap. I may be wrong though, I loved the PDXBLA GE levels actually.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126 wrote:
Im pretty sure sub is referring to the PDZ facility remake? That was crap. I may be wrong though, I loved the PDXBLA GE levels actually.

Yep, that's the one I was referring to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: