ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Does this PD code exist (change the viewpoint to a sim's)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDShepard
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Does this PD code exist (change the viewpoint to a sim's)? Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a known code to make Perfect Dark show the (muliplayer) game from the point of view of a sim? What I mean is, years ago I wanted to see who was the most skilled between Perfect sims and Dark sims, so I turned on invulnerability, invisibility (the shield), and infinite ammo, and created three teams:

Team 1 - Just me,
Team 2 - Four Dark sims,
Team 3 - Four Perfect sims,

Started the game (Skedar, I think) with no limits on the scores, went invisible, put my character in an out of the way corner, and left them to it for a couple of hours, came back and checked the results to see who was ahead. I remembered this today when playing multiplayer (against sims) but couldn't remember what I found about Perfect vs. Dark sims, so I thought I might leave the N64 on overnight and see the results in the morning, and it occured to me that it would be great if I could see the match from the point of view of a sim, so I was wondering if anyone had ever hacked a code to make the game render the view from a sim instead of the player?

If not, then is such a code even possible? I don't think this code would have any practical use, but it would certainly be interesting to see the game from the point of view of a sim.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome the the forum! Very Happy
Well, I certainly think that it is possible. However, I do not know how large the code would be. It would be a very difficult feat, but It will be a very interesting thing to do. I would love for this code to be made, it is exciting me a little bit.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool, and I've had that idea before as well, but it's a very advanced hack and no ones done it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't there a code that did just this for TWINE on the N64?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

JDShepard
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the responses. Come to think of it, it would probably have made a good attract mode for Perfect Dark if it was built into the game as a demo mode, so that when the game is left on the title page, the game displayed a deathmatch from the point of view of a sim, the way some FPSs display gameplay scenes if left on the title page, such as The World is Not Enough, and Turok.

Not so useful nowadays, as it's only real usage is to show off the gameplay (in a shop display, or at home for new players), but I'd still like to be able to setup a multiplayer mode and see it from the point of view of one of the sims. Has anyone ever tried to make a hack similar to this?

>Wasn't there a code that did just this for TWINE on the N64?

I've never seen that. Can you remember where you saw it, please?

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to like these kinds of demos (for some reason Rolling Eyes). I liked it in GoldenEye & thought PD was pretty lame just showing the intro you're going to see when you start the first mission anyway.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I would say that if you were spectating a sim such as a hardsim to a darksim your screen would be pretty much all over the place, if you look at how fast a darksim moves his crosshair.

And also it would probably be very hard to code something like this..

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
..all over the place, if you look at how fast a darksim moves his crosshair.

AIMBOT.

I don't see the 'hardness' in it, as all it's doing is grabbing the entities [In this case Simulant] facial area, using coordinates and once the code is activated it goes to that entities coordinates and follows it.

When you think about it, that code is going to be hard as hell.

This is been done in GTA 4, as a first person mod.

DarkestSim
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you could do that, then you should call the code "Use perfect dark as a multiplayer television show"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: