ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Xbox settings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Xbox settings? Reply with quote Back to top

God, I am dying to play GE:X, but I can't seem to get it fully running in Surreal XXX CE 5.4 or 5.5. My xbox is chipped. I can get GE:X to load and it runs perfectly until I try to start a match and then it freezes and the level music just loops forever. This happens on challenges, quick start and advanced setup. It only boots up using the 1964 engine and I tried messing around with the settings, but no luck. Anybody got this working?

Forgot to mention that I patched an unbyteswapped US 1.1 PD rom. I just noticed that when launching it says no expansion pak detected; Surreal always detects it when launching PD...

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I tried it on Surreal 5.4 and I get the same behavior...

Surreal was auto-launching in 1964, but when I opened the ini it says PJ64. I tried the suggested settings and it launches and detects the expansion pak, but there is nowhere to save my profile... Grr.

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Feel like I'm talking to myself here, but whatever. I got it to run in PJ64 but the speed is horrific. At the start of a level it runs perfect for 10 seconds and then freezes for 10 seconds, then back to 20fps for 10 seconds... unplayable. So disappointing when Perfect Dark actually runs now in Surreal 5.5. Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like there's some hack in for PD that's not recognizing GE:X.

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE:X was added to the ini for 5.5 so I assume someone has gotten it to run, but going with those settings has got me where I am now. Surreal CE definitely uses hacks to get playability to maximum at the expense of accuracy, hence PD working nicely. I would have thought that GE:X would run under those settings, but alas no...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really disappointing to hear.
If you keep checking into this and find something to help it run better, please do come back and post your findings. Hopefully it'll work out and GoldenEye: X can be played properly on your Xbox.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll keep messing around with it. Surreal is recognizing it as PD from the checksum, I guess. I tried changing the rom name to the one for GE:X in the ini, but it still shows up as PD.

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I tried disabling audio and reducing the launcher to 480p (both recommended in the Surreal documentation for when extra speed is needed) but still feel like I'm watching a series of still pics, then it goes full speed for a bit... Sometimes I get a message on screen "Fail to load texture, black loaded instead". I can't believe that I'm the only person to try to run this on the xbox, but since I have posts on 3 different forums and no suggestions, that may in fact be the case. Crying or Very sad

I also turned on debug mode and it says that I have between 13-15 mb free, so I don't think memory is the bottleneck, well anymore than 64mb total is one...

Ganjatron
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the word from one of the main surreal programmers, Weinerschnitzel:

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are very resource intensive games to play on the xbox. Project64x also has a large draw in comparison to the other emulators. Unfortunately that is the only current option to play GoldenEye:X. Using a 128MB xbox, you can play multiplayer GoldenEye:X with 1 major slowdown (usually at the beginning of the first fire fight.) The game speed will pick up afterwards. That's the best its gonna get, for the time being.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: