ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without giving anything away, I do have a level in the works for VR mode. It's been heavily optimized to perform better in multiplayer. There's a pretty good chance that it will end up as a new addition to GE:X, but it's going to require some play testing before making it official.

MRKane: Yes, excellent point. I think the main reason why the three multiplayer maps from GoldenEye were left in Perfect Dark, was because they were really well made. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like almost none of the PD Combat Simulator levels are really on par with those from GE's multi.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The-Gamester100
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I signed up for this forum due to seeing a forum talking about my two favorite games and wanted to say, GE:X is one of my favorite games ever. I do have some great suggestions and I could also contribute to the project. I'm 13 and I'm going to say this, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark IS my favorite game ever! I showed my friends this and they loved it. They said, "Best fun I had in games." and a memorable quote, "Better than Call of Duty!" Once again. Thanks for this great mod/project and I'm happy to help! Wink

Back to suggestions:
-Guy and Girl Zombie skins if its possible.
Think about it. GE weapons, MeleeSim with Zombie skins. Great combination.
(I know it's not related to GE but it's a great idea.)
-I could also help with making challenges on the VR mode.
-Replacing the 3 PD levels in the project with A part of Aztec, Frigate, and Control Room.
-Ammo display should be white, like in the original.
(I noticed some weapons don't share ammo like in the original, can that be fixed?)
-I also noticed sims reload take longer. I know because of weapon re-arrangements, they reload like the original PD gun. Could that be fixed?
-And my final suggestion, "The Duel" mission.
1st: A Russian Soldier. (Agent)
2nd: Xenia. (Secret Agent)
3rd: 006 Janus. (00 Agent)
Where: Cuba. (Map that was in patch 3a)
Music: Ending theme.

Hope you liked my suggestion. I'll be sure to come up with more and I'll be glad to contribute to the project. GE:X is a great mod, I can't wait for the mission ported over! Thank you GE:X team!

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there should be an option to remove dual wielding no?
how about an option where you choose which guns to dual wield

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BB really didn't like the idea of dual-wielding either. Its very not-GE multi like and can put an unfair advantage on some sims/players. But survival to the fittest, if youre good enough to get 2 of the same weapons I guess you should be rewarded. Not sure if dual-wielding will be left in, im pretty sure it will be.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"-I also noticed sims reload take longer. I know because of weapon re-arrangements, they reload like the original PD gun. Could that be fixed? "

Re-loads are a PD improvement, if you don't want them why do you want to play GE in PDs improved engine?

I still say yes to dual pistols and no to duel rifles (Any 2 hander (For anyone who's NOT Schwarzenegger Razz ))

I think it would be good to see sims actually re-load though it would probably impact on FPS... Sad
(I think they do in Single Player "Blo*dy Stupid Gun")

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamester...
Thank you very much for your wonderful compliments. We're quite happy to hear people are enjoying this mod. It's a labour of love, done by die-hard fans of GoldenEye. We just want to see GE be all that it can be, by using the greatly enhanced Perfect Dark engine. It's already done a lot for multiplayer, and will do even more for the mission campaign. Please do check back every once in a while for more updates.

Zombie skins: This would require a couple of things. First, you'd probably need an option that would allow you to switch the textures used by characters. This doesn't exist in PD, and I'd have no idea where to start. Secondly, you'd have to create modified textures for each and every character. That'd add up to a lot of new images to stick into the ROM. Anyone can edit these textures themselves and put them back into the game. So if someone out there wants to make an unofficial Zombie Pack for GoldenEye: X, they can feel free.

Challenges: We've actually made some really good progress with these already. All 30 have been created, but will require some adjustments to Sim quantity and difficulty, as well as weapon assortment. Since some weapons are still missing from the mod, we've had to put some place-fillers in during testing.

PD Level Slots: Whether or not we keep (and possibly edit) three PD levels for Virtual Reality hasn't been decided on. I have worked on a multiplayer version of a GoldenEye mission map, but I don't know if it'll be going in. If it does, it might not be permanent, either. Sort of like how Cuba was taken out and replaced with something else.

Ammo Display: I haven't been able to test this out that well, since the files that set the colours don't compress very well. Setting them up using a scale of white and gray would probably look decent, but it's been a pain to try things so far.

Ammo Types: Believe it or not, but Rare themselves are responsible for this change. In PD (both for N64 and XBLA), the ammo types differ for many of the Classic GoldenEye weapons. Rather than simply use regular pistol ammo, some now use submachine gun ammunition. The KLO1313, ZZT (9mm), DMC, and the RC-P45. I imagine Rare may have planned to do this originally in GE, but didn't for some reason. I liked the change, and decided to keep it (and implement it with the other ports). It's a bit more realistic, and means you'll need to track down the ammo specific to your weapon. No more picking up the ammo next to a PP7 to fill up your RC-P90.

Sim Reloading: Yes, they are using the reload times assigned to the weapons from their original slots in PD. We haven't taken a look into this, but it'd probably be good to try and track it down and update. Humans being able to reload very quickly, but Sims taking more time (especially with some weapons) isn't very fair.

New Duel Mission: That mission idea has been discussed before, actually. It's quite possible that it will make it in, unless we come up with something else. There is the one extra slot for a bonus mission, and we wouldn't want to let it go to waste.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the counter-op be playable in GoldeneyeX? Call me horrible but I'd love to be hindering a players progress in this game!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely. This is another fun feature that will keep 2-Player games fresh. We still have to work out a few little details, but we have had great success getting this to function in Caverns tests. The counter-operative can hop around between various Janus Special Forces after being killed. Just have to set the right flags on the characters, to prevent the enemy player from becoming a good guy!

The-Gamester100
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Like I said, I'm glad to help to the project.

One more idea... Maybe replace "Duel" with a Citadel Mission?
I could think of some ways it could be a mission. Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, the Citadel is a pretty poor looking map. Which makes sense, it having been a testing grounds for various things (including multiplayer). The only reason it's really in GoldenEye: X is because of the history it has. There are a lot of people who have heard about it, but have never had a chance to try it out. This gives them the ability to check it out, and enjoy some multi. Using it for a mission doesn't seem that appealing, given the look and layout. A Cuban Duel type bonus is the best idea we've had thus far for that last exra.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, how many ammo types are there in PD?

GE has ?
9mm
7.62mm
.44 Magnum
12 Gauge Shotgun Cartridge
40mm Grenade
RPG
"Battery Life"
Tank Shell

Any more (Not including devices - grenades, mines, knives etc) ?

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Golden Bullets
Unused Ammunition (between Pistol and Rifle)

Since there was an extra ammo type, presumably for submachine guns, it's not outside the realm of reason that it was originally meant for certain weapons. PD decided to set them up that way, which perhaps shows their original intention.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep Citadel. It is nuts with PD's gunshot lighting effects, and with N-Bombs.

Wreck, did you guys change the sound of the N-Bombs ? Sounds very loud and gnarly, and it's not a familiar one..

Also, what's with the C-KR Launcher ? A Slayer that fires HUUUUUGE rockets

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't lose Citadel. It's in VR and it'll be staying there. It just doesn't really fit into the mission category. With it's 'all routes connect back here' design and poor texturing, it's better off being left where it is.

I don' remember doing anything to the N-Bomb sound effect, but I did also notice it sounded more raw. Not sure what happened there.

The C-KR Launcher is, obviously, just a renamed Slayer. I also replaced the missile with the GoldenEye rocket, which seemed to have grown bigger in the process.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly suggested but import the Magnum already! Dunno about feasability, but DY357 and Cougar are merely the same weapons.
Also maybe replacing the laser with the watch laser? Smile
Other than that, haven't got many ideas coming right now, but still, figured I would report!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: