ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

It's Challenging...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: It's Challenging... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested to hear what the members of our community would think would make for good Challenges in GE:X. They can be both simple and fun, or more elaborate and tricky. Challenges have to range from easy to hard as you progress through them, after all. Make sure you give the name of the level (thinking of the original 11 from GoldenEye), the scenario, any special options, weapons, and what Simulants you might be facing / defending.

Here are some brief examples...

Pistols License to Kill in Basement
Capture the Flag in Library
King of the Hill in Complex
Proximity Mines in Bunker ii
Grenade Launchers in Caves
Flag Tag in Archives

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Challenge 1:
Automatics in Temple - 1 Human vs 1 Weaksim

Challenge 2:

Rockets in Stack - 1 Human vs 1 WeakSim

Challenge 29 or 30:
Pistols LTK in Complex or Facility - 1 Human vs 2 EliteSims

I will definitely try to pitch more ideas after school tomorrow! The ideas I said are formatted alot like PD's challenges.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being formulated like PD's Challenges isn't a bad thing, really. They worked well for that game, so they can't go wrong here. At the same time, we don't want them to feel like GE versions of what people have already experienced in PD. That will happen no matter what, considering the games are similar and are running off the same engine. At the very least, we'd mix up the arrangement of the Challenges so they don't follow the same ordering.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see a challenge with 006 as a teammate, perhaps in Facility, pistols or something, then another with him, Xenia, Ouromov against you, maybe challenge 30.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the moment I can think of any ideas about changing the challenges, although long wanted to see the range of the Institute Carringtong something changed so that it can adapt to the goldeneye weapons as well as raise new desafios.como an example of this opt to add or remove targets to the range and their arrangement and motion. look for a unique decoration for the institute in accordance with the time it develops goldeneye and would put the clock Q music to have a unique abientacion.
if we talk about challenge, I put forward a new idea as a challenge which is to relocate the objectives and missions of PD while we are waiting for the solo GE levels. setting an example I would change the location of the computer where you put mine on the first level ECM as well as search for Cassandra in another location. yet I do not want you to have to do more work, but to me is another way to see how many things we can do with the PD engine.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Dark Recon's in depth guide of all the challenges is a good starting point for figuring out which challenges would work best:
http://perfectdark.retropixel.net/pd/combat/challenges.php

I recently privately uploaded a video of my suggestion for Challenge 29.

Combat
Complex
LTK - Pistols
1 Human vs 2 EliteSims
10 Kills

This is very challenging. It took me 3 tries to eventually beat the elitesim team.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suu2QzhWv8w

I think it fits Challenge 29 perfectly, what about you guys? and wreck especially, let me know what you think.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a good idea, maybe 3 sims though? Want same difficulty as PDs. Your vid is private, need to make it unlisted.

TH126 wrote:
Perfect Dark Recon's in depth guide of all the challenges is a good starting point for figuring out which challenges would work best:
http://perfectdark.retropixel.net/pd/combat/challenges.php

This is very challenging. It took me 3 tries to eventually beat the elitesim team.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suu2QzhWv8w

I think it fits Challenge 29 perfectly, what about you guys? and wreck especially, let me know what you think.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know challenge 29 is the only one I've not been able to beat - the guns provided just don't talk my language, if that makes sense.

My thoughts for the challenges would be to have classic bond villans and story elements present in them, ie. challenges against 006 and Xyena, or one up against oddjob and jaws - you know things with character!

I also wonder if the winning conditions can be staggered. Is it possible to have a game where the players have to get a score of 50 to win, and the AI has to only get a score of 20? That way the game can put forward swarms of weaker opponents - everyone enjoys cutting down guards. Similar to "invasion" gametypes I know, but it'd be more fun with goldeneye...Brosnan, Connery, Dalton and Moore face off against the Russian army...(we all know that Dalton would win!)

Not to mention team "get the man with the golden gun" for a challenge! If that's possible.

I'd be inclined to suggest that everyone puts up a list of their favourite/most hated challenges so that we can do a better job than Rare when it comes to assembling challenges.

As a personal request could we get some community maps turned into multistages on release? There has been some great work done in the goldeneye engine by many people and I think it would work really well if their stages were turned into challenge stages.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the difficulty of the challenges is to me something to put in some respects, on one hand the first challenges are short and simple and rather believe that arose in PD as a kind of training that would progress in difficulty as advances , better to say, swaps is that the player can see what will each of the challenges. otherwise a normal sim or medium difficulty becomes very dangerous with a crossbow, a knife or rocket launcher. in terms of difficulty with something then I am against is that no goldeneye weapons have secondary functions which in some ways make the sims targets easy or difficult according to the weapon. On the other hand say that it could start from the first challenge and the average difficulty of difficulty rather easy as people we must assume that we know well perfect dark, and that Sims will defeat easy with little effort.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While going towards the ideas of movie-related challenges is nice, it's way too easy to guess, and let's face it, GoldenEye X is quite a revolution so it should stay this way. Why still calling them challenges? It's a virtual reality for secret agents, call them VR Missions for instance.

Also you oculd set it up in something along the line of :
Mission : Space Race
Briefing : Hold the control of the satellite for 6 minutes.
Weaponry : PP7, D5K, Shotguns.
Ennemy : 2 Hard-Sims

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind the idea of calling the "Challenges" something else. VR Missions instantly reminds me of Metal Gear Solid, with its own VR Mode. Perhaps another name? I'm totally open to input on this, so feel free to share your thoughts (this goes out to everyone).

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think "Challenge" should stay. But alternative names come to mind. I was thinking of "Trial" or "Stage". Ex. Stage 29 or Trial 29

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of renaming - challenges doesn't fit. Mission training, MI6 training, Simulation, Agent Training, Agent Trials, Mission Simulation, Virtual Missions, virtual training.[/quote]

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about "Assignments" instead of Challenges? Sounds a little more professional, and along the lines of something Q might say.

Edit: I have this in place, and I actually quite like it...

(description not updated)

The "Challenge" related text is spread out across four different text files. I don't think I missed anything, but it's possible something is still hanging around.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent!
Also checked the ones in the player stats? Smile
And any plan to recolor or even to change stars to something more GE-ish?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: