ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Any good video recorders that don't slow down frame rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Any good video recorders that don't slow down frame rate? Reply with quote Back to top

hello everyone.

Well lately i been wanting to get into recording some of my Games matchs or well known as SRB2 matchs.

and i try fraps and its very slow on a 256 MB PC.

So i was wondering anyone on Shooters Forever can tell me of some good video recorders that can work on a 256 MB PC. And with out lag or frame lag. If that can even be done thank you. Smile

And it has to be free sense i don't have the money to buy one.

I hope someone can help me.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better upgrade that PC to 2 or 3 GB, 256MB is quite unacceptable for really anything you use, probably why your getting the lag. ><

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Better upgrade that PC to 2 or 3 GB, 256MB is quite unacceptable for really anything you use, probably why your getting the lag. ><

This, and all Video Recorders reduce framerate.

Try running it at a lower resolution and a lower setting.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i find one free video cam. its call cam studios. its works perfect till i load up a game then it frame lags, even on the smalless res. So i guess i got to wait till X mas for my windows 7 laptop im getting.

Anyway ill still keep looking and if you guys got any ideas please do tell. Smile

Because i like to record my games.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use hypercam. But cpu intensive and need multi core pc really for any.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm Fraps. I'd tell you how to get it but it's against forum rules. But I think you all can guess.

It records in real time, used for Desktop recording too. Superb quality, and the best recorder for Gaming & Desktop.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, few tips.

Get HyperCam, the second version is the best (HyperCam2). Doesn't take much resources.

Shut down all the processes that you don't need.
Shut down firewall AND antivirus programs too (and internet connection).
If you play online, forget this. Very Happy

Three of the most important things is:

1. Lower your desktop color depth. Don't use 32bit colors, 16bit is enough for games. It doesn't make the videos any worse. Doesn't affect a bit. Gives you big boost.

2. Don't record with the best audio quality AND DO NOT record with 60FPS, 25-30FPS is enough to make the video good.

3. Try to record from WINDOW. The smaller area you record, the easier the video runs. I know it sucks playing from window (and from small window it sucks even more), but it is the way recording with your comp. The video can be streched in full screen and doesn't make that much difference. Some of course, but the video can still be enjoyable.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use fraps. Make sure its in "Half Screen Mode" also make sure you are playing in a 640x480 windowed emulator or less.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Considering you said you only have 256mb ram I assume you also have an older slower CPU as well. And if you're using Windows XP, chances are that the OS is consuming most of your ram just while idle.

I've captured full-framerate, 640x480 resolution videos using an old abandoned program called ShowShifter. It does an incredible job with the WMV-8 codec of recording Windows Media Video files. I've recorded some video game demos by routing the S-video out on my video card to the S-video input on my tuner card effectively looping the desktop through the tuner card.

An example of this is my Library Mission walkthrough which I uploaded to youtube some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGJEDlVQvL8

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i try both recorders and they both did not work well on my PC. Sad

Well im still looking. By the way i play in windows mode all the time for my games. Never full screen. Just saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: