ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Simulant Weapon/Item Priority List...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Simulant Weapon/Item Priority List... Reply with quote Back to top

X-Ray Scanner
Combat Boost
Timed Mine
Unarmed
Combat Knife
Combat Knife x2
Sniper Rifle
N-Bomb
Grenade
Proximity Mine
Remote Mine
Tranquilizer
Falcon 2 Silenced
Falcon 2
Falcon 2 Scoped
Mauler
DY357 Magnum
Phoenix
MagSec 4
Falcon 2 Silenced x2
Falcon 2 x2
Falcon 2 Scoped x2
Mauler x2
DY357 Magnum x2
Phoenix x2
MagSec 4 x2
Crossbow
Laser
CMP150
Cyclone
Dragon
Laptop Gun
Cyclone x2
CMP150 x2
Shotgun
Reaper
AR34
Callisto NTG
K7 Avenger
Rocket Launcher
SuperDragon
Slayer
RC-P120
Devestator
DY357-LX
DY357-LX x2
FarSight XR-20
Cloaking Device
Shield

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Points of interest...

The Timed Mine is ranked below Unarmed, which means they will almost never use them. They'd rather use anything else in their arsenal. Just watch them run around punching each other when only Timed Mines are available in the level.

The FarSight XR-20 is the most important firearm they can find. It's even ranked higher than double DY357-LX's. They'll put them away if there's a chance to use that wonderful Maian technology.

Ever wonder why the Sims rush to find a shield? It's at the very top of the list. Not much lower is the cloaking device, which is another Sim favourite.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really cool to see this list! Makes sense on a lot of things and we knew they preferred some over the other, but it's much nicer to see the list. Glad n-bomb is that low...

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not much surprises here.
Would they actually use x-ray scanner, and would that change their behaviour?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it would change their behaviour so much since they use the paths to finf the players and others sims I think. Correct me if I'm wrong

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can we tweak that list somehow? Or make it different depending on which sim-type is in the level? I'm seeing possibilities of new behaviour here - just as people have playstyles (and even UT99 had Bots with faviourate weapons) is it possible to custom them for the AI?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That really would be a good idea, is that how fist and peace sim work?

I thought sims couldn't use remote mines?

Hmm... ExplosveSim
PistolSim
KnifeSim...

trev

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah thats a good idea MRKane, tweaking the AI so that they prioritise what weapon they will use first.

I wouldn't know how to do this, as I have very little to none experience with modifying/hacking whatever perfect dark, but I would guess your best bet would be to check out the editor and see if you could find which file would allow you to configure this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this specific data is for standard Simulants. Certain special Sims, like FistSim or KazeSim, must have their own specific AI. Something that tells them which weapons to use, no matter their position in the preferences list.

SubDrag will likely support this stuff in an upcoming Perfect Editor release, so you can play around with the ordering, as well as other aspects of Sim weapon use.

Remote Mines: Strangely, the Sims can toss them, but are unable to detonate them afterward. I have a feeling that Rare might have mixed up the Timed and Remote mines in the list.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanting to know wreck, is this forum that active anymore? I would love to see another Perfect dark editor update, that would be brilliant, but do you think it would be worth it for the activity here?

I'm trying to understand these action blocks, about how to configure them, possibly in the next update could some of the action blocks be clarified?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: