ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

new XBLA pics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: new XBLA pics? Reply with quote Back to top

I found some new shots of GoldenEye XBLA here. Anyone seen them before? One of these new pics have a newer truck model compared to the pics shown in the XBOX World magazine interview with "Oddjaw".

Maybe they continued developing the port even after information was leaked?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I haven't seen those before. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm so on the fence with that XBLA update, but I feel the same about the PD one. Some stuff looks fantastic, and other stuff is way too different from the original. They'd also be using new faces not only for generic guards, but even the main cast. That, alone, is really bothersome.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice find!

I think that the guy who owns the website did some of the models for the GE remake, as you can see the wireframe models and other props from the game on this page: http://www.boxofpenguins.com/rb.nsf/pages/3DWork

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice! I have seen that picture before though.it was a couple of months ago I think.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... This is interesting.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They should have hired us!

We'd do a better job!

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'm so on the fence with that XBLA update, but I feel the same about the PD one. Some stuff looks fantastic, and other stuff is way too different from the original. They'd also be using new faces not only for generic guards, but even the main cast. That, alone, is really bothersome.

This coming from someone who defends GE Wii/Reloaded.
lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Activision was building everything from scratch, and were changing things up to make the story "more modern". Not that I liked what they did with it, especially to the way characters look, but they started from nothing. I doubt they had - nor wanted to pay for - the likenesses of the actors featured in the film. It'd feel even more out of place having Daniel Craig as Bond along side them. The XBLA updates, to both PD and GE, used our beloved originals. They slap on some new textures, remodel some weapons and characters, and change the way people look.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can tolerate a completely new GoldenEye game where the lead villains look nothing like the ones from the original, more than I can a graphically updated version of the classic where Trevelyan no longer looks remotely like Sean Bean. Looks-wise, anyway.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Activision was building everything from scratch, and were changing things up to make the story "more modern". Not that I liked what they did with it, especially to the way characters look, but they started from nothing. I doubt they had - nor wanted to pay for - the likenesses of the actors featured in the film. It'd feel even more out of place having Daniel Craig as Bond along side them. The XBLA updates, to both PD and GE, used our beloved originals. They slap on some new textures, remodel some weapons and characters, and change the way people look.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can tolerate a completely new GoldenEye game where the lead villains look nothing like the ones from the original, more than I can a graphically updated version of the classic where Trevelyan no longer looks remotely like Sean Bean. Looks-wise, anyway.

If I recall correctly, sean bean also starred in the lord of the rings, Sharpe (An 18th century war drama I believe?) and believe it or not theres actually this dude in my year who looks like him lol Wink

anyway trevelyan is by far one of my most favourite characters from goldeneye

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

I dont play games for graphics, GE Wii/Reloaded plays like a COD game PD XBLA plays like PD N64 (and therefore GE N64)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merkieman wrote:
If I recall correctly, sean bean also starred in the lord of the rings, Sharpe (An 18th century war drama I believe?) and believe it or not theres actually this dude in my year who looks like him lol Wink

Sean Bean was doing commercials for contact lenses here in the states a few years back. Figured the guy really must've been down on his luck at the time. Razz

I really would've liked to see the 360 remake. While I agree with Wreck about how PD turned out in terms of visuals, the update to the framerate and controls alone would've made it a great port.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just want this game to come out already Q.Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: