ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Weapon] Automatic Shotgun - Oct 11th, 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: [Weapon] Automatic Shotgun - Oct 11th, 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Proper left-handed weapon, not using the mirrored flag.

It's Automatic: The more popular version of the two shotguns from GoldenEye. The Automatic model deals more damage, and features less spread between pellets. It also looks cooler, that's just a fact. Deal with it.

Sim in Charge: Things are looking rather grim when an EliteSim is totting a shotty. You'll have to come up with a quick plan to take him down.

One-Upsmanship: Two is better than one. Especially when that means an extra five pellets hurling toward your face. Sorry, Ken.

It's been a long time coming, actually. We had issues with it when trying to get it working in the last patch, and ended up abandoning it. Just recently we tried again. After many tests and changes, we finally got it loading properly and looking correct. There's still an issue with both shotguns, however. The left-handed version doesn't draw properly on console, and with higher end graphics plugins. Our only solution thus far, was to use the 'mirror' flag. This makes the left version a mirrored image of the right. It's not perfect, but it's going to have to do the job for now. Other than that, it fires five pellets of doom at your unlucky opponents. Oh, and there is no more long delay between shots. Humans will be pleased, but sims... not so much.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 4 times in total

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
there is no more long delay between shots

Very Happy

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This project just keeps getting better and better everyday Wreck.

I'm glad to see you guy gotten the shotgun working right now.

I'm kinda surprise the plugin idea did not fix this problem with the left gun. But the mirror work just fine.

Other then that i may give the next update a try with all the new stuff now online. Smile

As always excellent job wreck.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will the two shotguns (I prefer the first as it sounds better Razz) eventually have all the shotgun animations?

Actually I suppose, the animations could just be linked to the Pump-Action as why else is the Auto called an Auto if not for the fact it Automaticly ejects and re-loads a cartridge?

Oh, One thing though, will the;
Single cartridge loading after empty, press B to fully re-load or fire to pause process and fire gun again.
Process be kept, I felt this was good as it added to the realism and made you have to use different tactics, making sure you were loaded, to blast enemys away rather than just suddenly having a full chamber again.

Trev

P.S. I almost forgot to mention, Arms, where is your arm? Razz

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is beautiful. Nice job, Wreck.

#tear

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you guys are liking it. Smile

@ Trevor: If firing / reload animations are ever going to be supported in GoldenEye: X, they won't be for some time still. They aren't quite that simple to setup. We'll be sticking with the classic weapon formula for now, which also means no hands on anything other than pistols. And hands also sparks a debate over which weapons should be dual-wielded, and which shouldn't. That's a drastic change from the original game, likely getting mixed reactions.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We figured out what was going on with the left-handed weapon. Actually, it was affecting every weapon that could be paired, which didn't include a hand model. Turns out it was a simple mistake that was made. Since having corrected it, all the weapons are back to normal. Included a shot of the Automatic Shotguns the way they are supposed to look in the first post.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Wreck. Glad you fix this on all the guns to. Now i really got to try this mod when it comes out.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Glad you guys are liking it. Smile

@ Trevor: If firing / reload animations are ever going to be supported in GoldenEye: X, they won't be for some time still. They aren't quite that simple to setup. We'll be sticking with the classic weapon formula for now, which also means no hands on anything other than pistols. And hands also sparks a debate over which weapons should be dual-wielded, and which shouldn't. That's a drastic change from the original game, likely getting mixed reactions.

I agree on this, it should be as close as Goldeneye as possible with added tweaks

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Im not going to de-rail this topic or start a flame war but Do you want to play GE or GE within PD's enhanced engine?

You know Im actually surprised that with everyone's complaints about PD that no-one has made a "Perfect Dark Basic" Mod, taking PD and sticking it in GE's older Engine.

Im so glad you've figured out and fixed the dual weapon bug instead of mirroring.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Putting PD into GE is a big step down in many regards, though. No working lifts, no secondary functions, no Skedar animations, no weather elements, no suns, no bots in multiplayer, etc. You'd be losing a lot of content and functionality. And it's actually a heck of a lot trickier porting a gun from PD to GE, due to the formatting Rare did with GoldenEye's weapons.

However, I could see someone removing the reload animations from PD and making it feel more like GoldenEye in that respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: