ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark MCM Video!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark MCM Video!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I have received an amazing video from an anonymous fan. GoldenEye had a hugely expansive debug menu - see http://betagoldeneye.com/mcm.htm . Perfect Dark shipped without any remnants of it, although all of us searched far and wide for it in the game code. Some preliminary screenshots from Perfect Dark showed a 3rd person Joanna (see http://www.oocities.org/subdrag1/debug.htm), which was part of the MCM Debug Menu, but it did not appear functional in the retail version. The debug menu appeared to be completely gone, and Rare claims it was completely removed from the retail version.

The video I have received was emulated, and shows the MCM in action in Perfect Dark, but most of the options seems removed. I believe this to alas be a late beta, and most options have been removed. It's fantastic to see this, but I can only wish this weren't so late in development, as I'm assuming many options have been removed. It appears to be legit.

Here are the options that have not been removed, and what the anonymous fan says they do:
All Levels
All Training
all challenges
VM.Stats - No apparent effect
Mem.Info - No apparent effect
all buddies
set complete - All objectives
testing man pos - Coordinates/Room Number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy7ljCf7Mgo

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! That's really cool ^^

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for posting. I hope you're able to uncover more beta information.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the coords bar reminds me of where Goldeneye's Text showed up

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!

Surely, there could be a sleight possibility that this late beta could have some other beta goodies lurking around? Shocked

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait, so is there a gameshark code to have a 3rd person view in goldeneye?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't find any trace of it in released PD.

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool stuff, SubDrag. Nice to know a pre-release version of PD has been dumped, hopefully this anonymous fan has more to show us.

Weird that there's no option to unlock all the cheats, but there is one for unlocking the buddies... who are classified as cheats.

BGS wrote:
the coords bar reminds me of where Goldeneye's Text showed up

Good eye. It's in the same place as GE's coord display. At first, I thought the bars were identical, but having compared them side by side, it's clear that the font they use is slightly different. Makes sense, as the font used to display the coordinates is also used to display each game's "Picked up a..." message boxes, which is different in GE and PD.

jayloonar wrote:

wait, so is there a gameshark code to have a 3rd person view in goldeneye?

Yeah, sort of. You can't control Bond while you're in the third-person view, but it is an option in GE's MCM. Code for that can be found at the bottom of this page: http://betagoldeneye.com/mcm.htm

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I put in the four lines of code but I couldn't get the MCM..

PJ64 1.6 and (U) [!].z64 rom

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
I put in the four lines of code but I couldn't get the MCM..

PJ64 1.6 and (U) [!].z64 rom

The link SubDrag posted says to press C-Up and C-Right, but if I'm not mistaken, the menu is actually triggered by pressing C-Up and C-Down simultaneously. Give that a try.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks PacmanPlush, I managed, but..

The menu doesn't display properly in Glide Napalm nor 3D8. Same result, bunch of warped and flickering text

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:

The menu doesn't display properly in Glide Napalm nor 3D8. Same result, bunch of warped and flickering text

Actually that's not an emu glitch, well at least flickering, it's how it works.

PacmanPlush
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:

Ah, didn't realize you were talking about the flicker. Pretty annoying, huh? The menu flickers on a real console as well, though (if I recall correctly) it doesn't flicker quite that fast, and it renders properly--should be white text on a black background. I don't know of any way to make it show up properly on an emulator.

When I'm messing with the MCM, I generally walk up against a wall, then activate it. While it's still pretty much unreadable this way, you can at least make out which option you have selected--this shows up in red. The list on SubDrag's site comes in handy here, so you know what you have selected and where the option you want is.

Edit: Huh, somehow managed to overlook SubDrag's reply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: