ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The reawakening of Goldfinger project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: The reawakening of Goldfinger project Reply with quote Back to top

All,

I talked to monkeyface today and he has agreed to turn over the reigns to me, since he is unfortunately very busy, and we'd like to keep pushing it forward while he's tied up, it would be a crying shame to lose this project.

As such, I am compiling a list of all of the levels, all of the props, source material, all the sounds, music, that we both have, and will need, etc.

Anyone who has done any work on Goldfinger, please let me know both what files you have worked, what you plan on doing, etc.

I am going to keep a repository of textures for everyone like we discussed, and try to centralize everything on goldeneyevault, so you will not have to wade through random posts, it will all be in a nice, well organized fashion.

Lets awaken the beast!

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Objects Ive done:

Dodge M43 Ambulance

With Laser

US Style Garbage Container

Hotel Dining Cart

Street Light

Table Lamp and shade

Poppies (3D)

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:23 am; edited 10 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There should be the prop and gun models I did for Auric's golden magnum kicking around somewhere. I'll try and find where they're currently stored and shoot them your way.

Very glad to hear that GF64 is being picked up and is moving forward once again. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am still organizing and finalizing all of the levels/design. So no new content has been done yet, but sorting all we have done, etc, and I've capped pics of all the props we need.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great news, im realy looking forward to the first release Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say the following are my fields of expertise, but they are areas that I feel I'm fairly good at and enjoy. These are the services I can offer to the project...

Multiplayer setups
Briefing & Dialogue writing
AI Path Network creation
Prop model formatting
Testing

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow great to see this is back on, I thought it was dead for sure. I'll get back to work on my level design soon; working on maps for some other games at the moment, but it's not like I don't have plenty of free time to pick up another project.

I was working on the hotel mission and India mission. I was having a really hard time coming up with a decent hotel layout though so I was focusing more on India. (It's a seaport map similar to Depot.)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DB can you send me a list of everything you were working on, etc, any progress? I'm working on some of the more trivial things (cardboard boxes, barrels) to hone my skills.

I was debating canning the India mission, but if you have some ideas for it, I'd be happy to keep it in, especially since there were no more scenes in movies it seems to make. What objectives, plot did you have in mind?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the fruits of todays labor. I must admit this took far, far far longer than it should've, but most of the time was fighting sketchup and sketchy import tools. And thanks to Wreck for the texture of text.

It's misspelled, same as movie!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And some barrels:

Trevor has a lot to submit, I'll have to add his this weekend.

Here's the site for all organization:
http://goldeneyevault.com/goldfinger64.php

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of simple props, here are some I had planned:

Pallet
Closed large wooden crate
Opened large wooden crate (opens from the side, needs inside and outside modeled)
Wooden crate side panel (this will be a swinging door that is hinged at the bottom of the crate and opens onto the floor)
Stacked gold bars
Crowbar? (maybe; a "key" needed to open the crate)

(You're free to model these if you want. I was just holding off until the BG was more or less finished, since I knew I could crank them out pretty quickly.)

More complicated prop:

Forklift

And three that would be edited versions of what was already in GE:

Red semi truck (replace beta glass w/ black tinted glass like the Dam truck)
Semi trailer (fix shadowing so it isn't all black)
Stacked metal crates (remove Russian text)

Other than those I had planned on doing all of the other unique objects as BG since they're all big things (Shipping containers, cargo ship, cranes, etc.), unless there's a technical reason why those would be better as props in which case I'll just strip them out of the BG myself. I was just following Rare's example from the GE BGs.

---

The mission I was thinking of was like a stealth variation of Depot. Bond would sneak through a seaport at night, reach a cargo ship, and follow a semi truck to a large warehouse where the gold is being loaded on a train. I thought Depot had a lot of potential as a stealth mission rather than the frantic action mission it was. One obvious main path with numerous side routes and shortcuts through the "maze" of containers and warehouses. The objectives I came up with:

Eliminate snipers (higher difficulties only likely, will need to do some clipping trickery so they can actually shoot Bond from their locations outside of the playing area)
Photograph shipping manifest (Located in a safe in an office area near the cargo ship; need to find the key first)
Gain entry to Goldfinger's warehouse
Obtain evidence of gold smuggling operation (open crate; photograph gold)
Plant tracking bug in train car (might not fit the time period, any other ideas how to track the gold other than Bond hopping in the train car himself? Which we could do, but I feel like that would have to lead into another India mission and I don't have any ideas.)

And by the way I really like making up missions (both planning and actually putting it together), so I'll happily do any more of those you need once more BGs are done.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think your ideas work very well. If you provide me pictures of how you imagine your props will look, so others can help make them, or if you just want to make them yourself let me know.

What other missions did you think you wanted to take over from Monkeyfaces updated mission list?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I rewatched the movie and in the MI6 briefing, they mention Goldfinger smuggling gold into 4 places: Zurich, Amsterdam, Caracas, and Hong Kong. Would you be ok swapping the location to one of these 4? I imagine your level wouldn't have to change, just the location. How's progress on it btw?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: