ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Website outtage. That was bad. Nov 26, 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Website outtage. That was bad. Nov 26, 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. That was a terrible server outtage. I am very thankful it's back and appears to be 100% and no lost data. This was a very bad situation, trust me. I'm really angry about it. The bottom line is that I need to keep this forum safe and that means regular backups and or moving to a different server. Just believe me when I say I had real bad feelings about what was possibly lost. A server or website should NEVER be down for days. I realize it's most likely we check here a few times a week and actually you didn't know about the outtage. I hope we didn't lose people thinking the site was gone forever.

Grateful for the community. I'm getting some PD in tonight with the boys. Will be doing some HDMI out to my HDTV playing GE over the next while. It's been a while but the updated Jabo plugin has me juiced. Looking forward to it.

Cheers!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. This isn't the first time, and the servers not the speediest either. We definitely need to take regular backups regardless. Very relieved also we didn't lose anything, I was fearing the worst and annoyed I hadn't backed up some of the important forum posts.

You might want to try some of the fun mods too once you're done playing the basics too Wink

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We understand Wink

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weekly backups are important. It would be a shame to lose all of the information that's stored here.

I'm glad the server didn't lose any data during the power outtage.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All seems to be fine.
Cool

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its great to know that this is back up and running again. I was wondering what was happening to it anyhow.

Anyway keeping a backup on something its a good idea. Just in case for any more outages.

I been keeping my eye on this place to see when it will be getting back up as well. So chances are. It wud take a lot longer for me befor i think its down. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: