ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Is there a tool to permanently write codes into goldeneye?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Is there a tool to permanently write codes into goldeneye? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, everybody! I don't even know if it's the right place to ask for it, but here I go. I am making a project with the Goldeneye Setup Editor and a few others tools. I started it three days ago, and I am still learning it. Anyway, I want a program to permanently write codes in the goldeneye ROM. Example: I want to use the code of the beta sky for surface into the project, but I don't want to enter the code every time I start the ROM. I want to permanently write this (and others) codes in the proper ROM, got it? Sorry if I asked in the wrong place, I am still new here.

Well, anyway! Thanks everybody for the attention!! Very Happy

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to our boards! Hope you have success. If it's the cloud code, you can take the values, and in 21990 edit the correct sky (and choose correct #P), to the values in code. If you post code we can try and help.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Welcome to our boards! Hope you have success. If it's the cloud code, you can take the values, and in 21990 edit the correct sky (and choose correct #P), to the values in code. If you post code we can try and help.

Hello, Subdrag! It's the White Sky code you posted here. Anyway, the code is:

810452E4 C0C0
810452E6 C001

Well, I don't understand what you mean with "you can take the values, and in 21990 edit the correct sky", but I want to permanently write the code described above in the goldeneye ROM. Think you can help me? Thanks! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Get editor. Tools -> 21990. Click Delete Debug Data. Go to Stage Setup. Change level to 10 Surface 1. In sky in bottom right change sky to C0C0C001.

Note that other GS codes adding will be different, but skies done that way.
Then click Write ROM.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Get editor. Tools -> 21990. Click Delete Debug Data. Go to Stage Setup. Change level to 10 Surface 1. In sky in bottom right change sky to C0C0C001.

Note that other GS codes adding will be different, but skies done that way.
Then click Write ROM.

I made it, but there's one problem, can you look at these?

The fog and the other things are ok, but the sky is missing:

When I play the level, I get this weird error in the sky:, everytime I "look into something":

Also, I looked into the emulator (Project 64 1.6, and it says the sky is missing in the ROM. Is there a plugin or something to fix it?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the patch for JABO 1.6.1 fixes skies, and other plugins do.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I think the patch for JABO 1.6.1 fixes skies, and other plugins do.

Yeah, I tried JABO's 1.5.2, and it fixed the sky back. Well, can I ask you one last thing? How can I change one level for another in the goldeneye setup? Example: I want the visual of the level Bunker 1 as the second stage. So, how can I replace Facility with Bunker 1, if it's possible..? And thanks for all your help, Subdrag! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Visually just open and pick diff visual from setup level. But to change level for real need to swap files in 21990, see tutorial on vault.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I will check it later!

Also, can I use this site to post my difficulties along the process to edit my levels?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, maybe just rename the title.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a tool to permanently write codes into goldeney Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
Hello, everybody! I don't even know if it's the right place to ask for it, but here I go. I am making a project with the Goldeneye Setup Editor and a few others tools. I started it three days ago, and I am still learning it. Anyway, I want a program to permanently write codes in the goldeneye ROM. Example: I want to use the code of the beta sky for surface into the project, but I don't want to enter the code every time I start the ROM. I want to permanently write this (and others) codes in the proper ROM, got it? Sorry if I asked in the wrong place, I am still new here.

Well, anyway! Thanks everybody for the attention!! Very Happy

saudações Mauro - i found a note paper titled - "inyeccion de codigo para shooters" from Oldyz about this topic 30 minutes ago - you may have already resolved this - so I'm still going to reply -
since this might be helpful in some other situation
(and it applies to the thread title)
if the gameshark code for beta sky is the the thing you want to use, and it does not fail, over at Jul someone gave Oldyz a link to this:
http://64.vg/dr/node/4
they wanted Oldyz to "inject" the iron sights codes into the ROM , but since some the codes are temporary using button activators, i think he said they would not work -

sin embargo, in the case of the sky codes i think they should do the trick and work exactly like the beta skyes for the moment -

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a tool to permanently write codes into goldeney Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:

saudações Mauro - i found a note paper titled - "inyeccion de codigo para shooters" from Oldyz about this topic 30 minutes ago - you may have already resolved this - so I'm still going to reply -
since this might be helpful in some other situation
(and it applies to the thread title)
if the gameshark code for beta sky is the the thing you want to use, and it does not fail, over at Jul someone gave Oldyz a link to this:
http://64.vg/dr/node/4
they wanted Oldyz to "inject" the iron sights codes into the ROM , but since some the codes are temporary using button activators, i think he said they would not work -

sin embargo, in the case of the sky codes i think they should do the trick and work exactly like the beta skyes for the moment -

Yeah, I've already resolved, but a interesting document. I will read it later (bookmarked it). Thank you very much!

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pm sent -
i hope you can understand the code injection thing better -
i click the link but i don't see the video sample of its usage that Oldyz mentioned in the notes tho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: