ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Updated Jabo graphics plugin fixes GE sky and PD lens effect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Updated Jabo graphics plugin fixes GE sky and PD lens effect Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this is posted already? This is the best graphics plugin. Period.

http://www.jabosoft.com/index.php?articleid=114

It's been years for a fix to the GE walls, sky and Perfect Dark lens like on the Slayer. Jabo answered a lot of prayers with this update. Yes, if you were part of the PJ64 beta then you might have been enjoying this already. Everyone time to update your graphic plugin! Brilliant.

This update came out in September 2011, so I'm not sure how widely known this is.

Here is a quote from Jabo himself:

"In general the 1.6 versions are better, specifically 1.6 has more emulation and game fixes. There are features missing from 1.6 like centralized configuration in Project64.cfg, as well as texture loading capabilities in the graphics plugin which had debatable usefulness.

I really don't feel like digging through everything but those are the highlights, I'll be using 1.6 when I play games."

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah i did not know about this at all GE Master.

I wud love to give this a try but. I got to wait for my brand new laptop i'm getting for X mas this year. ^_^

While i'm waiting. I hope the other user on this forums wud say more about this plugin. I wud love to hear more about it.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The timing was kind of epic. I haven't been able to check in much on the GE scene lately, so to see such a recent development was a real treat. I'm slightly excited at playing emulated GE on an HDTV with the eye candy fully cranked. As for the PD lens effect, having the Slayer fixed is a big deal also. Sure there is a Xbox 360 version but to me, the N64 stick makes the experience. I will take that over the simluated Xbox version. Again with the eye candy cranked and on full screen HDTV, the differences are much smaller. Sure the N64 is old, but you are going to need a pretty good PC rig to get full eye candy on full screen HDTV especially for PD.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
The timing was kind of epic. I haven't been able to check in much on the GE scene lately, so to see such a recent development was a real treat. I'm slightly excited at playing emulated GE on an HDTV with the eye candy fully cranked. As for the PD lens effect, having the Slayer fixed is a big deal also. Sure there is a Xbox 360 version but to me, the N64 stick makes the experience. I will take that over the simluated Xbox version. Again with the eye candy cranked and on full screen HDTV, the differences are much smaller. Sure the N64 is old, but you are going to need a pretty good PC rig to get full eye candy on full screen HDTV especially for PD.

Wow that sounds awesome. You play goldeneye on a HDTV? Wow i guess i need a HDTV my self. To see how awesome this look with the custom levels as well. Including i for one agree that Perfect Dark on N64 is way better then the Xbox360 version it self. Since the stick is 10 times better then that Xbox360 one.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:

Ollo here:
indeed it is, no matter how much stuff i've done to the 360 sticks to have the same feel & physical resistance, the accuracy of the n64's mechanical setup at 90% plus is unequaled-
shame the adaptoids are no more
someone should sell controllers compatible with multiple systems that utilize the n64 analogues as a central components (with durability enhancements , of course)

EternallyAries wrote:
Wow that sounds awesome. You play goldeneye on a HDTV? Wow i guess i need a HDTV my self. To see how awesome this look with the custom levels as well. Including i for one agree that Perfect Dark on N64 is way better then the Xbox360 version it self. Since the stick is 10 times better then that Xbox360 one.

Don't just get an hdtv, get a 3D tv - and a good stereoscopic graphic card
if you don't want to spend the money on active glasses , get a tv compatible with passive eye-wear tech (the glassess you use in most disney 3d movies that you keep might work with the new LG's)

We have been very lazy on our 3d sutffs, so here is a link
http://youtu.be/WmKUqwhAGVc
with a surely emulated GE video captured using a stereo-card

i hope i seez the day i get to play GE & PD with a nice High def texture pack with extra animated textures, bump mapping & in stereoscopic mode, and 4 friends on a big 60+ inch set, and of course-- the here Gang's hacks

Oldyz is at lunch - eating questionable sea life

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
GE MASTER wrote:

Ollo here:
indeed it is, no matter how much stuff i've done to the 360 sticks to have the same feel & physical resistance, the accuracy of the n64's mechanical setup at 90% plus is unequaled-
shame the adaptoids are no more
someone should sell controllers compatible with multiple systems that utilize the n64 analogues as a central components (with durability enhancements , of course)

EternallyAries wrote:

Don't just get an hdtv, get a 3D tv - and a good stereoscopic graphic card
if you don't want to spend the money on active glasses , get a tv compatible with passive eye-wear tech (the glassess you use in most disney 3d movies that you keep might work with the new LG's)

We have been very lazy on our 3d sutffs, so here is a link
http://youtu.be/WmKUqwhAGVc
with a surely emulated GE video captured using a stereo-card

i hope i seez the day i get to play GE & PD with a nice High def texture pack with extra animated textures, bump mapping & in stereoscopic mode, and 4 friends on a big 60+ inch set, and of course-- the here Gang's hacks

Oldyz is at lunch - eating questionable sea life

Well now all i need is the money. And need the 3D glasses as well. To see that video. Anyway from what i see now Ollo. Your 3D skill is just improving and its looking awesome as well. Good job. Smile

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Anyway from what i see now Ollo. Your 3D skill is just improving and its looking awesome as well. Good job. Smile

Olllo here -

Nope , the video is not ours , it is by poa9s
but it deserves to be seen -

Curious thing, his first 3d video seems to have come out 3 months after Oldyz made the
Goldeneye 3ds & Perfect Dark 3ds threads
& the stereoscopic hack threads.

If it is made using hardware, i wish the user would post the whole game and some Perfect dark
Also
It is a very good thing because it saves us a bunch of work on providing an example that features actual 3d game-play for the Goldeneye game.

i was doing a Dam level video, but it is no match.

if i get the creator's permission i'll get Oldyz to make some animated 3d previews for the Stereo GE thread

EternallyAries wrote:
Well now all i need is the money. And need the 3D glasses as well. To see that video.

Just use a mirror on mirror -flip mode on the bottom right 3d options-
if there is just one thing wrong with the video is that the "eyes" are a little too close together - then again the video might look perfect on a 3d TV

Oldyz is at the tortilleria - buying 3 kilos for the party

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:
Anyway from what i see now Ollo. Your 3D skill is just improving and its looking awesome as well. Good job. Smile

Olllo here -

Nope , the video is not ours , it is by poa9s
but it deserves to be seen -

Curious thing, his first 3d video seems to have come out 3 months after Oldyz made the
Goldeneye 3ds & Perfect Dark 3ds threads
& the stereoscopic hack threads.

If it is made using hardware, i wish the user would post the whole game and some Perfect dark
Also
It is a very good thing because it saves us a bunch of work on providing an example that features actual 3d game-play for the Goldeneye game.

i was doing a Dam level video, but it is no match.

if i get the creator's permission i'll get Oldyz to make some animated 3d previews for the Stereo GE thread

EternallyAries wrote:
Well now all i need is the money. And need the 3D glasses as well. To see that video.

Just use a mirror on mirror -flip mode on the bottom right 3d options-
if there is just one thing wrong with the video is that the "eyes" are a little too close together - then again the video might look perfect on a 3d TV

Oldyz is at the tortilleria - buying 3 kilos for the party

Ah did not know you did not make it. Oh well i was posting that at 5 am.

And a mirror will do the trick? I guess i need to go find my self a small mirror to see this.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well time to talk about this plugin again.

I gotten my brand new laptop and its called Sony vaio. very fast and awesome.

Anyway i decided to give this plugin a go and got project 64 and ran it.

And i do say this plugin amazing. Shocked

I was able to see the sky for the very first time for real with out crashes and no slow downs.

And everything show up perfectly. I was so jaw drop over this plugin. That i even try it out on mupen 64. To see if it will work on it just for online play.

And it work perfectly.

So i have to agree with GE MASTER here that this is by far the best of the best plugins my eyes ever seen. Its very well worth it.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we need topics with pictures of the graphic plugins settings-
all of the different kinds

pics with all tabs and what not to click and leave alone -
i have messed around so much with the plugins that i don't know what is default anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: