ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What about the Eye?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: What about the Eye? Reply with quote Back to top

Peek at about 1:05 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IdDl-pHeDw

That's the Goldfinger Eye intro. It could probably be duplicated with decent precision, but doesn't really need to be either.

[edit]
Did notice something interesting in there. LtK, listed just before GE, is the only one where the Eye doesn't sink down. GE (N64) doesn't either and incidentally has that other weapon drawing intro. It really doesn't represent the GE (movie) intro as well as previous ones.

[edit edit]
We'll need to add a hat. All the early ones had a hat.

Last edited by zoinkity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sure would be cool to do this if we can!

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllo here:

Subdrag,
is there a setup for the intro screen?
if there is which one is it?

you can make Bond wear hats with the "actor switcheroo" trick that works for ending sequences -

Oddjob's hat should work fine since Bond is seen from afar

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, would Bond's head require that the hat be built in? I'm not sure if the actor in the barrel walk scene can be assigned a hat object, but I've never looked into how that's setup. Seems unlikely, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What you mean see to change,there is already a scope and the moving circle.All that could be changed is a Texture Bond.At least i think so.

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hmm, would Bond's head require that the hat be built in? I'm not sure if the actor in the barrel walk scene can be assigned a hat object, but I've never looked into how that's setup. Seems unlikely, though.

Olllllo

just give me a setup file for the intro and i'll make Bond wear A hat -
I have done it before -(you will have to wait for my egyptian challenge 3d video thing to see it)
and if there is a setup, i can do it again.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No way to add a hat easilly in intro, the intro's very hardcoded.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it used a setup file, it'd be very simple to make the actor wear a hat. However, this is handled in a much different manner. It's more than likely that the hat would need to be part of the head model itself.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since we're extending head list, it actually wouldn't be too bad to add a head with a hat on it. I'll think about it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Than if you're going to that much trouble, why not make the head and body in black and white? That would make the Barrel Walk scene even more accurate to what you see in the film. Wink

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't have to be part of the model at all sillies ;*) Just tack in the JAL for attaching a hat after loading the model within the 'load Bond in Eye' subroutine. Heck, we could give him doubles or have him do a jig if we wanted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe the next comment then is yes please Smile

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
It doesn't have to be part of the model at all sillies ;*) Just tack in the JAL for attaching a hat after loading the model within the 'load Bond in Eye' subroutine. Heck, we could give him doubles or have him do a jig if we wanted.

Olllohhhhhhhh rightttttttttttt...

Zoinkity got us into the mess and now he solves it...... Razz

Now - it is too bad there is no setup , before going away yesterday i was going to propose that the "hardcoding" be replaced ,
make a "level" similar to what cuba is and make the "demo" of this cuba-like level replace the eye intro sequence (the same way the level (game-play intros) show

also , even if there is no setup, i think Zointiky or Wreck are capable of puting in an actor with Bond body & head, give him the Bond animation and just put the hat object on him (since Bond characters can't wear hats according to current editor parameters)
while the original player 1 character stays hidden from view -

I'm glad tho, that a hat object solution has been found -
the reason why i entirely prefer a hat object approach, is that as an
easter egg it would be cool to shot at the hat to knock it off Bond's head during the EYE sequence

Oldyz is still monkeying around with BAs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: