ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Brand new mission concept]Area 52 - Resistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: [Brand new mission concept]Area 52 - Resistance Reply with quote Back to top

I just got a fantastic idea for a custom PD solo mission that would rock anybody's socks off instantly. I used Cactus's code for the HyperDragon (look in his codes store) and put on Perfect Darkness and Super Shield as cheat options. Since it was awesome to use the HyperDragon with night vision and a super shield (which made me a juggernaut in the dark), I imagined playing a level in Area 52 where your job is to kill spawning Skedar in the dark (who wield RC-P120's) with a set of night vision goggles. You'll have a HyperDragon and super shield because they've got really good weapons (you must survive also) and it's dark because it's fitting for the mission and character. The character I made up that you play as is Agent DarkSim, dataDyne's first human-cyborg project that was a success. You've been given the task of managing Area 52 which you bought from dataDyne for *A TON* of money. Skedar are pouring into your property and you're pissed and you want to get rid of them all. What's worse is that they switched all your lights off to come after you. Unfortunately, they'll never stop (the stubborn bastards) until you prove that you're not going to give up. You have 15 minutes to kill as many as you can in order to complete your objectives. You start out with your gun (and shield), but no night vision goggles. The first thing you must do is find a pair. The level is pitch black, you have max ammo for your HyperDragon and you must shoot to see while Skedar harass you until you grab the night vision. The night vision can be close by to not make it too difficult. You begin with a five minute survival round on an action block timer while you're helplessly (almost) blind.

Your first objective is to Locate and equip night vision goggles

After you've equipped the night vision goggles, you must survive invading and continuously spawning Skedar for another five minutes until a G5 sentry robot is spawned with a shield of equal strength to yours.

Objective two is Kill the urban combat droid

After you defeat the hovering sentry robot you must survive one more wave of Skedar until you defeat them all at last. This should unlock a secret room with a light switch to turn the lights back on.

Objective three is Reactivate lights

After you can see without the light amplifier, you must kill one final boss in a showdown. This isn't an objective because there are only three and it would go great under the Special Assignments category. Just defeat a Skedar King with a Holy Scepter who shoots rockets at you. Defeating him is required and if you don't the lights will power back off and your night vision goggles will disappear from your inventory and more Skedar will come pouring back in (this time invincible) with Reapers in the dark to finish you off for good. Obviously this part needs another action block timer to make the consequences happen. Maybe 60 seconds would be okay and have the light switch room close by.

So how does all that sound?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha that was the most random level idea ive ever seen but It does sound indeed fun but there will be complications

Programming timer in the action block and failing a certain objective once time has run out

"kill name here" objectives use conditional true statements, another thing that will have to go through action blocks. (I hope one day this could be implemented into he editor)

And the level outro. That is the only thing keeping Me from releasing my custom area 51 level

It does sound like a very interesting project though and I will keep my ears open or even hop on board with you if you like

Written from my iPhone (my poor fingers!)

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this topic is just a form of "rough draft" discussion in order to get a really nice custom PD mission thrown together. I have more ideas about this mission that I thought would make it a ton better. So let me explain again...

You are an Area 51 guard with a gas mask. You're name is Agent DarkSim. You are a cyborg with a human ghost, created by nefarious megacorporation dataDyne as the ultimate weapon among their manufacturing line of other non-human, advanced AI cyborgs called DarkSims. You are both better and worse than the others because you are human. You can mess up, or you can do better than them. It's your choice. All Skedar warriors shall be at DarkSim skill level because they are almost like mechanical, or in other words, cybernetic creatures. The actual Skedar are the smallest. The level is still pitch black like stated earlier. You start out in Area 52 in that room that has a center room with a lot of windows, with Chicago shutters, but no glass. The level begins and Skedar immediately flood your newly bought property. You have an IR Scanner equipped, which is better than Night Vision because all of your enemies are cloaked and have RC-P120's which give them the ability to do so. You also have a set of night vision goggles with a wider field of view. You can equip either in case you don't want a limited FOV and just want to use the grenades of your HyperDragon to pick them off faster, but more blindly.

So all this stated I basically wanted to revise and change a little. It should still be the same objective and level flow layout in my first post. I'll put together a nice background and briefing and then I'll try hard to figure many things out so that this can get going. I really want to make this.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay very understandable, I like the revision. I mean you could start now if you like. I truly like the idea Of the skedar instead of the mains because in he movie independence day the aliens in area 52 resembled he skedar . Id write more but I'm still in school at the time.. Could I assist ?

Edit: Will the Area 52 map be ported over from Multi? I tried doing Multi Villa to Solo Villa but it didn't work out correctly.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My main concern is with the lighting controls. I'm not sure if you can disable/enable the overall lighting of a level, especially one from Combat Simulator that doesn't contain any light sources to begin with. Only Ruins has interactive lighting, which you could probably toggle on/off through Action Blocks, though I'm not sure if they've really been dissected. The rest of it should all be doable, however.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Text banks at the moment are an issue for me. I'm making Car Park a level, it's a Special Assignment which replaces War!. It will not let me use War's textbank or it will crash my PD... Still need a solution to that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: