ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with outro [SOLVED-INCLUDED FIX]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Problem with outro [SOLVED-INCLUDED FIX] Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so I guess I've been having problems but have always been turning to the administrators for help regarding editor issues, questions etc but I guess I completely forgot about topics (It's been so long since I've posted one)

Anyway, so I have made this custom A51 level. It's finished and ready except for one thing - I don't know how to make an outro. Since custom PD levels have never been finished before many people are pretty clueless about this as well. There is an action block along the lines of 'Exit Level' and I have tested it and it works, but I don't know how to make it so when the last objective is complete it exits (I've only got it to work when the mission directly starts up, giving me a Red/Failed mission complete screen because I haven't even done any objectives)

Thank you x)

Last edited by acceptable67 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't there be some sort of action block like "Test if all objectives complete", if so return value loop. Then you exit then? I don't know how easy it will be to add a cutscene like GE, never tried. You're treading new ground.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your Action Block tutorial cleared a lot up - working. Just gotta set difficulties now. Smile

Here is the code for future PD level makers:

Code:

000200 Resume If Return Value Loop Met(00)

005DF85A02 Go into Return Value Loop if 16-Object Collected (Player ID, Object ID.)
[This Sub Block could be set to anything you like. ID must point to the second Resume Value which is 02]

0003 Leave the Routine but when return continue from spot

000100 Go To beggining, Then Return Value loop (00)

000202 Resume if Return Value Loop Met (02)

00DC Exit Level if in Camera Mode

END-Terminator

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

P.S.... On a small note... My new level is up guys Very Happy

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=233

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very well done acceptable67! The level is very fun to play. Very Happy

I have some little complains, don't be mad at me: Embarassed
-Objectives 2 and 3 are too close from each other. Also, the first time I played the level I took the disguise before the explosives and the mission ended with a failure. That doesn't make much sense.
-I'd like the level to end at the spot where you meet with Joanna. You can drop to that room from the objective 1 corridor (but can't scape from there). It's too abrupt to end the level just after completing the last objective, and that way this mission will fit with Joanna's. But you'll have to replace one of the current objectives in order to do that...

I'm curious about one thing -> Next to objetive 1 there's a door blocked by a box. Why did you do that? Couldn't lock the door just like many others along the level?

And lastly one suggestion: It's cool to access the base from the back door, but on more difficult levels that door should be locked and one of the guards should keep the key. Same could happen with other doors inside the base; accesing the rooms is quite easy. Wink

By the way, is this the very first custom PD solo mission?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Very well done acceptable67! The level is very fun to play. Very Happy

Thanks!

Quote:

I have some little complains, don't be mad at me: Embarassed
-Objectives 2 and 3 are too close from each other. Also, the first time I played the level I took the disguise before the explosives and the mission ended with a failure. That doesn't make much sense.
-I'd like the level to end at the spot where you meet with Joanna. You can drop to that room from the objective 1 corridor (but can't scape from there). It's too abrupt to end the level just after completing the last objective, and that way this mission will fit with Joanna's. But you'll have to replace one of the current objectives in order to do that...
1 - No problem man! I also noticed this too. This is because I had not found the sub action block of 'Exit Level once all objectives complete' so I had to manually go in the action block and say 'If Item blablah picked up end the level, even if all objectives aren't complete'. The reason I decided to keep it is because levels like G5 Building, if you blow up the door and exit before you get the backup it will fail because you haven't completed all the objectives. I guess I just wanted to keep that feautre Smile I also felt the same about how close Objective 1 and 2 are... Should move the disguise somewhere in the shower room far away.

In which objective do you think Jonathan should meet Joanna? I honestly believe this should replace the last objective (UFO) on PA. It was a placement objective I had to throw in because of the editors restrictions on adding more complex, better objectives.

Quote:

I'm curious about one thing -> Next to objetive 1 there's a door blocked by a box. Why did you do that? Couldn't lock the door just like many others along the level?

I put that there at the very very start of this project, completely not knowing about the locks. It can definitely be locked and the crate can be removed now Smile

Quote:

And lastly one suggestion: It's cool to access the base from the back door, but on more difficult levels that door should be locked and one of the guards should keep the key. Same could happen with other doors inside the base; accesing the rooms is quite easy. Wink
I personally did not want to mess with keys hah. It is a very nice suggestion though, thank you x)

Quote:

By the way, is this the very first custom PD solo mission?

Indeed it is! I'll be releasing more too. At the moment I am working on a Special Assignment [It's a port of Car Park to Solo](I don't think I will release this though, it may be too small and lack a lot of the elements normally in a regular Solo mission) If the editor wants to co-operate with me I will be making complex actions with the AI [Velvet is undercover with you standing next to a car, and she'll give you some briefing and items to finish the mission] and other really fun objectives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: